*Spoiler* Two Wrestlers Reportedly Gone from TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Eric Young has reportedly parted ways with TNA Wrestling after his contract expired late last month and the two sides couldn’t come to terms on a new agreement.
Young was reportedly offered a significant pay cut, but declined. There is a chance he may return as both sides are currently negotiating.
Young’s departure surprised and saddened a lot of employees at last night’s iMPACT! taping in Orlando, Florida as many viewed him as a “company guy.â€￾
He had been partnering with Orlando Jordan in recent months in a comedy tag team.
Raven was written out of TNA Wrestling storylines as a result of a loss to Jeff Hardy that will air on next week’s episode of iMPACT!. It was stipulated that if Raven lost to the World Heavyweight Champion, he would be fired.
Hulk Hogan publicly fired him following the loss, saying, “Raven, you are fired, quote the Hulkster, Nevermore.â€￾
Raven is legitimately parting ways with the organization.

Firstly on Raven that isn't a surprise. He seemed to be brought back solely for that EV 2.0 storyline and that has run it's course now.

Eric Young is a shock although he hasn't had a good run for some time. My favourite gimmick of Young's was when he was part of Team Canada, that was an exceptional group and he was fantastic as part of that group. He will be a big loss but hopefully he can find work elsewhere possibly even in WWE.

Reaction score
Eric Young is a shocker I loved his World Elite gimmick and sadly when that gimmick died so did his career and could never be viewed as serious again! It sucks because he is a tremendous talent being buried by the WCW rule! All this talent TNA has yet they will be pushed to the side for who? As for Raven, I don't even think he has a stable home for wrestling, he comes in is given a push and then next he is a jobber. Hopefully Eric Young can get some sort of deal with the E. Maybe a heel role teamed with David Hart Smith? Just an idea! But maybe bring a Canadian Stable back to the WWE?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Young can go so I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up in ROH or on Dragon Gate USA cards. Don't think the E will be interested. Raven comes and goes as he pleases.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If WWE don't touch him then ROH would certainly sign him, they have lost quite a few stars in recent years so adding someone like him would be a boost to their roster. I do think that WWE will be interested though, I can't see them completely ignoring him. He would be good in a tag team or in the midcard divisions. WWE need more stars and if he has the right gimmick he can be one. He is still young as well at thirty years of age so he has another ten years left in him if he can stay fit.

Lady Claymore

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
drewmcintyre
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Sports Team
2EQjMNS
I don't know what's more shocking when they let Petey go or letting Eric go. Well they need that money to pay old guys that do nothing.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I have nothing against Young, and think that he has been a good servent for TNA over the years, just that they have exhasted ideas on him, and to be fair he has not progressed enough as a wrestler in the last two or three years, so it is a good time to move on. Dragon Gate would be a good fit, because of his size, and the colouful personiaty. I don't think his style would fit in ROH.

Raven on the other hand I would like to see them keep, but only has a member of the creative team, the guy has a great mind for the biz, I just don't think he should wrestle anymore.

Reaction score
I completely agree with Keith on Raven, the guy is an absolute genius when it comes to creative... I never mind seeing Raven in the ring, but it would be the best idea to keep him off screen and within creative. That being said, I'm sad to see Raven go, the guy is great and one of my favorites but then again I never worry about Raven, he always somehow seems to stay afloat regardless of what he's doing. Wouldn't mind seeing him get signed again with WWE, doubtful but I think they could use him for all different things to be honest.

Now, Eric Young I have never been a massive fan of, but the fact is the guy is a company man and has been super loyal to TNA through and through and shouldn't be let go. Honestly, WWE would be silly not to pick up Eric Young, I would have no doubt in my mind that he would be as loyal as they come and honestly could bring the childish comedy which is what WWE/McMahon thrives on. The fact that Eric Young has been doing so many comedy skits in TNA makes me think for even just that reason he'll get hired with the E.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The word making the rounds is that Eric Young has signed a new deal with TNA where he'll be able to take independent dates on his own for dates when the company doesn't require his services.

As I noted a few days back, he was still in discussions with the company when his deal expired on 11/1 and based on the TV they ran last week, they expected him to remain.

Well that was a quick turn around. Not sure what position he will be in with the company anymore since I can't see them getting far behind him after this episode. It is good that he can book some indy dates himself when TNA don't require him so that he can make a decent living from wrestling. The next twelve months will be interesting to see what TNA does with him and if this was the best decision for him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It looks more like the next 12 months will be for TNA, they are making monster cutbacks and Dixie's mom seems to be trying to put the halt on TNA's money leakage.

Eric Young is making a mistake, he could play the fool in WWE and make vastly more money being Santino's sidekick than being Orlando's Blue buddy. I like Eric Young, he is basically Stevie Richards. He fought out of the shadow of being a goofy character and transitioned into a believable heel, than went back to being more Blue than ever. I don't like what TNA is doing to him.