WWE Tag Team Breaking Up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
There have been talks backsatge in WWE of breaking up The Usos.
source pwinsider
Don't see either guy be better off as single wrestlers, and really with the lack of tag teams they have now, they need any established team they can get to actually have a tag division.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
smh just stupid mine as well release them once they do that as they will both just float for a month or so then not be used at all and then just be gone.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. They split The Hart Dynasty, now it's going to be The Uso's. Next it'll be Santino & Kozlov. I wish WWE would just get rid of the Tag Titles because they're worthless.

Reaction score
Ugh. Stupid if it happens, they're barely relevant as a team, let alone as singles stars. Just release them and be done with it.

Put the tag division out of its misery as well

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So they are going to take 2 guys who aren't over, barely ever appear on Raw except to job and split them up for what purpose exactly? It's not as if either of them have a redeeming quality to go on and be a singles star, unlike Justin Gabriel for example.

I'm guessing they are only splitting them up because they will technically be inhereting another tag team once NXT4 ends?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I guess so which even then is stupid as they need all the tag teams they can get. They made a lil thrown together tag team on Superstars in Primo and Ryder lol.

AF.

Reaction score

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Didn't Rikishi mention not a week ago that WWE Creative are so incompetent that he wouldn't be surprised if the Uso's would be split up in the near future? Great call there, unfortunately...

After Santino/Kozlov, there actually aren't ANY tag teams left are there (apart from Nexus/Corre)? The tag division hasn't ever been in this deep a hole. As much as i hate to say it, the division needs to be scrapped if this is how WWE will continue to handle it.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I was gonna make a thread out of this but instead I'll just post it here since this is about how shitty the WWE Tag Division has become.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is gonna seem like a setup for a BTB but its not so just try to bare with me.

If you were given the chance to rebuild WWE's tag team division.

Rules

1. You can do whatever you want with the tag team titles (keep the current champs, strip the current champs, put the belts on somebody else, have a tournament to determine new champs, etc)

2. You can only use wrestlers currently signed to WWE

3. You can hire either two guys you would like to team together or with someone already in WWE or one current tag team off the indy scene

Explain

What you would do?
Who you would team together?
How you would build them?

If you want to go into more depth (themes, double team finishers, managers/valet, etc) such as you are going to read me doing if you in fact read all of the stuff I type out.

I would hire Rob Eckos and Shane Helms.

I would have 10 tag teams in all in the tag division and they would be...

1. DH Smith and Tyson Kidd as The Hart Dynasty

Valet: Natalya

Theme: Would be the remixed Hart Foundation Theme Natalya currently uses.

Finisher: New Generation Hart Attack (Kidd springboarding)

They would be a face tandem with Nattie there for looks alone and the occasional 6 person tag match. Smith would do all of the talking for the team as he can cut a promo as a face unlike Kidd and Nattie. They of course would be built up as WWE has built them up. The offspring of legends British Bulldog and Jim Neidhart with their best friend and final graduate of the Hart Dungeon.

2. Jimmy and Jey as The Uso Twins

Valet: Tamina

Theme: Current Theme

Finisher: Headshrinker Splash

They would be a heel team with Tamina there for the sake of I have no idea she just fits I guess. Jimmy and Jey would be as they were during their first and only televised promo to my knowledge as glorified gangsters that grew up in the rich neighborhood who think they are entitled to everything without having to earn it.

3. John Morrison and R-Truth as Truth & Wisdom

Manager: Booker T

Theme: Whats Up by R-Truth

Finisher: How Do You Plead? (Truth Flatliner(Whats Up)/Morrison Flash Kick(Flying Chuck Kick) Combination)

These guys would be faces. Booker T would cut these guys promos since neither of them can cut a promo worth a damn. They would come out to Truth's theme with Morrison's slow motion effect and after the song ends and they are in the ring. Truth does his usual *city they are in* Whats up? Booker would then proceed with 'This is whats up?' and continue to cut a promo on whomever they would face or are feuding with.

4. Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater as The Corre

Manager: None

Theme: End Of Days by 9 Electric

Finisher: Slater's Sweetness (Shelton Benjamin's Paydirt) followed by JG's 450 Splash ala The Hardys Twist of Fate/Swanton Bomb Finisher

These guys would be faces due to their flashy offense but would have the swag to them that they could turn heel at any time and the announcers or whoever would often question their actions and attitudes.

5. Jack Swagger and Daniel Bryan as The All American American Dragons

Theme: Swagger's Theme

Finisher: Broken Limb (LeBelle Lock and Ankle Lock on one opponent)

This team would be a heel team. They of course can both wrestle and both can cut pretty good promos but since Swagger has the lisp and some people can't take him seriously due to that. Bryan would do the bulk of the talking during their promos with Swagger just having a punch line of sorts.

6. Curt Hawkins and Trent Barreta as New York Connection (The NYC)

Theme: Hawkin's Theme

Finisher: Dudebuster DDT (Wheelbarrow Suplex/DDT Combination)

Face combo here. They have pretty much the same style and were trained at the same school. This is similar to the Bryan/Swagger combo as Hawkins would do the majority of the talking for their promos with Trent having the punch line. Though it could be hard to pull off as I'm not sure how Hawkins would come across as a face. I don't recall that he has played a face before but I know Trent's wrestling style would get over with his aerial maneuvers.

7. Drew McIntyre and Sheamus as The Celtic Connection

Theme: A mix of both guys theme

Finisher: The Broken Curse (Double Pump Kick)

Of course heels. Both with pretty much the same attitudes and brawling style in ring. Not to mention they can both a cut a mean promo so they don't need any help there. Which makes them fit perfectly as a tag team together. Before anybody asks this. Yes I did get this idea from them working together in the Rumble Match.

8. Zack Ryder and Robbie E as The Shore

Valet: Cookie (?)

Theme: Ryder's Theme

Finisher: Fist Pump (Double Neckreaker)

Heel duo. The whole Jeresy Shore act gimmick obviously. Ryder would do the bulk of the talking with Robbie chiming in bros, my dudes, etc throughout the promos. Wouldn't mind throwing Cookie in there too but I'd rather not since when it comes to the wrestling aspect she absolutely sucks.

9. Evan Bourne and Shane Helms as Bourne Thrillaz

Theme: Bourne's Theme

Finisher: Aftershock on Helms Street (Airbourne/Eye of the Hurricane Simultaneously on one opponent)

Face combo. While both guys may not be the best at cutting promos both can hold their own when doing so thus they wouldn't need a manager to do their talking for them. Although I may change my mind after they team and put a valet with them down the line. Perhaps somebody like Eve Torres.

10. Ted Dibiase, Jr and Brett Dibiase as The Dibiase Brothers

Manager: Ted Dibiase, Sr

Theme: Million Dollar Man's Theme

Finisher: In Your Dreams (Combination Million Dollar Dream into a Legsweep by Ted and Missile Dropkick by Brett)

Heel duo. Since neither guy can truly cut a consistently good promo. Not denying that Ted can't cut an awesome promo when given the right topic (Breaking Point) but he can't be consistent with it and I've never heard Brett cut a good promo which is why their father would be their manager to take over as the mouthpiece.

I would strip the current champions of the belts and put them up for grabs in a 8 team tag team tournament. Since I have 10 teams I would have 3 teams in a triple threat elimination match to determine who would get the 8th spot in the tournament.

Reaction score
Nice breaking of your own rules. "Use only WWE signed superstars" yet you have Robbie E teaming with Zack Ryder. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH