ROH - The Era of Honor Begins

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
iZhARiCMklxqrxjDUTn5s8N634HG0_tJC7kh77zznYOsxXqy9iwMRa5o-CQhhNq8RmJeJqWi1HadC3vP4DESX-2qcp_f-gdLitDvuehzPn8qf_BWvCUiC2JBtiBIlkIBqD5kXFN10XTIhrztZUbfr04

Interview with 'The Warrior' Low Ki

Interview w/ Low Ki

Hey there, we're back for our third interview with the next generation of top talent in the business. This was supposed to be released last week, but delays and Michael Shane's 'request' took priority ahead of the card announcement. However, I am super delighted to welcome Low Ki to have a quick conversation with us ahead of THE SECOND COMING. For those unaware, Low Ki is one of the premier talents in the entire world of wrestling, and probably the most known independent wrestler today. Trained by Homicide, he quickly eclipsed his trainer and cemented this with a victory in the ECWA Super 8 Tournament last year. Defeating American Dragon in the final; a man he has had several run ins with already, as both men vie for that top position.

ROHWrestling: Hi Ki, thank you so much for taking some time out to talk with us after a strong debut alongside Homicide against Christopher Daniels and Scoot Andrews. Congratulations on the win, how you doing?

LK: I am well. We gave a good account of ourselves and I am proud to have been on the first show as we've been back and forth to Japan a lot already this year with Zero-One, which is why I'm not on the next show.

ROHWrestling: I can only imagine, I bet it takes a lot to get used to the travel and the constant grind, but we're glad you got to showcase some of your skills. Now, I have to ask...you're pre-dominantly a singles wrestler, and we obviously know about your connection with Homicide training you, but what led to the decision to feature as a team?

LK: That's a fair question. Whilst it is true that my singles career has certainly outshone my tag team career, Homicide and I have teamed together a handful of times between Jersey All Pro Wrestling and this most recent Zero-One tour. The main reason, however, is that Christopher Daniels refused to face me one on one, and demanded that the office make a tag match. I know he has some problems with Homicide, but now after the show, he's got problems with everyone in the locker room.

ROHWrestling: Yes, I'm glad you mentioned it. We obviously include the Code of Honour in everyone's contracts, and Christopher Daniels agreed to it just like everyone else, but refused to shake hands after the match, claiming that neither of you had earned his respect.

LK: Unfortunately, most of us in this business know how Christopher Daniels operates. He is a man without honour, without respect, and without a moral compass to guide him towards the light. This I already knew about the 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, but what I learned last night was that he's also a coward. It wasn't hate nor was it disrespect that guided his actions. Hateful and Disrespectful though they were, that man is dominated by fear, and driven by an anxiety that tells him he is not enough. Well, Daniels, in the ring against me, you're not enough. I know you've got some heat with the office, but if you ever come back...well...all I can say is that I'm gunning for you, and all you can do is to be ready.

ROHWrestling: I think I speak for everyone when I say we would all very much like to see that match. Now, looking forward, obviously you're away on tour for six weeks from Sunday, but you're already signed on to our third show and you'll be facing the self-proclaimed 'King of the Independents' Reckless Youth.

LK: I have faced this individual once before, and he has a great fighting spirit. But he is not Low Ki. And like I have beaten him before, I shall beat him again and once I have returned from Japan, I will be ready to commit the rest of my year to proving why I am the best in the world at what I do. Reckless Youth, prepare yourself.

ROHWrestling: I think we all need to prepare ourselves for the summer ahead, we have some world class talent who appeared on the first show with obviously yourself and Homicide, but also the likes of Eddy Guerrero, Rey Misterio Jr., American Dragon, CM Punk, James Maritato...and we're only just getting started. Just one last question if I may before you leave, but if you could face anyone on the indy scene right now, who would it be? (Gabe, you better be writing this down!)

LK: Aside from a small matter of retribution against Christopher Daniels?

ROHWrestling: Yes, other than Daniels.

LK: That's easy. Someone I have faced before and whilst I won, it was the hardest fought match of my life and I learned a lot from him. A young man from South California by the name of Samoa Joe. One day, he's going to be a force to be reckoned with.

ROHWrestling: There we have it. Personally I'd love to see you and a fella who is making his debut next show - AJ Styles, but I am sure we will see all manner of dream matches and dream cards in the coming months as Ring of Honor truly gets off the ground. Thanks again to Low Ki, and if you haven't already, there are a handful of tickets remaining for our sophomore event; THE SECOND COMING, so make sure not to miss out!

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
F-7LcdD0V4oCSFsd6i9eI6qvsEkRCOLovEdoXuozyV1ZzKF0ySfk6tdtbzX1mveHx_gAwOyy15rw0OwegFOMyPL_hY1XOV9DUC0fZQn_wnsXV4DkEZmXEfl7b-eDW2mCpFyPlhGbPjaEK_wRL0fxzL4

THE SECOND COMING
[3/30] ~ Philadelphia, PA

PRE-SHOW: …………… Before we get underway, Gabe Sapolsky is out again at the top of the show to make a couple of announcements. He addresses the disrespect shown by Christopher Daniels to the Code of Honor and confirms the rumours are true, he was suspended for sixty days after the last event. He says he hopes that this will bring to a close any other such considerations of violating the Code of Honor as they too will be fined and suspended. However, it’s not all doom and gloom, he says, as he announces a TOURNAMENT will take place June 22nd and 23rd, bringing together and showcasing the best talent from around the world across two nights, with the tournament finals taking place July 13th “when Ring of Honor will crown its very first champion”. He then says that tickets for all three of those shows will be on sale from Monday 1st April, before quickly adding that you’d be a fool to miss out! That joke gets the reaction you’d expect but the excitement of a tournament gets Steve Corino giddy on commentary before Chris Lovey joins him in the booth, breathing heavily.

001. Jay Briscoe w/ Mark Briscoe vs. Hernandez ~ Opening the show once again is Jay Briscoe, facing a debutant from the Texas Wrestling Academy in Hernandez. Both men shake hands and the first match of our second show is underway. Mark stands at ringside and occasionally applauds whenever Hernandez lands some offence.Jay weathers the storm from his larger opponent and hits a couple of quick-fire arm drags, creating a bit of distance before charging in with a diving clothesline. Jay takes control of the match and traps Hernandez in a single leg Boston crab, which prompts Mark to leave ringside and walk backstage.Jay notices and it’s enough for him to break the hold and shout at his brother for walking out. Hernandez gets a school boy roll up but Jay kicks out at two, and then the two men get back to their feet, Jay kicks Hernandez in the gut and hooks him. He hits the J-Driller and gets another win here in Ring of Honor, going two for two. (J-Driller, 09:13)

Scramble Rules: THE SAT (Joel & Jose Maximo) vs. York & Matthews. The Lost Boyz (Gabriel & Azrael) vs. Da Hit Squad (Monsta Mack & Dan Maff) ~ So, after Da Hit Squad told the ROH office that they would only appear at the second show if they were given a challenge, they face three of the most innovative tag teams in North America, all at the same time in a four corner tag team match (meaning that, unlike the Scramble Rules multi-man match we saw last month, this would be governed under regular tag team rules). Christian York and Gabriel start this one, with the two experienced teams happy to hang out on the ring apron for now. York gets the better of a tie-up so Gabriel immediately takes this to the ropes. A springboard DDT attempt is blocked as York plucks Gabriel out of the air and then dumps him to the outside. Azrael hops in and hits a running dropkick to the back of York, sending him flying out of the ring. Joey Matthews is next, laying Azrael out with a pump handle driver. He rolls to the outside in pain. With a quick glance to the SAT and DHS - both of whom are still hanging out on the apron - Matthews turns his attention to the outside and takes the Lost Boyz and his own partner out with a middle rope dive. With a quick nod, the SAT mobilise and take up positions on turnbuckles either side of their downed opponents. As they get up, both Maximo’s dive onto the crowd below, wiping everyone out once again. Maff and Mack share a nervous glance which develops into a smirk and the two big men get into the ring. They rally one another with chest slaps and as both men hit the ropes, Matthews jumps onto the apron and begs them not to. Corino notes that “Joey Matthews is pleading with Dan Maff and Monsta Mack here, and I can’t say I blame him, you do NOT want those two men landing on you.” Mack ignores the pleas and in a unique spot, dives through the middle rope and spears Matthews onto the collection of people just getting to their feet below. The crowd goes wild, and NOW Dan Maff is feeling it. He runs the ropes as he waits for the perfect moment, and he finds it. The crowd are cheering him on and he hits the ropes and launches himself over the top with a GOD DAMN TOPÉ CON HILO! All the wrestlers are down but the crowd is up! “Holy shit…Holy Shit…”. Maff is first to his feet and he grabs Christian York and tosses him into the ring. BURNING HAMMER! One..Two..Jose Maximo breaks it up! His brother isn’t far behind and they manage to work together to kick Dan Maff out of the ring. York tries to roll away but gets caught and dragged up to the top rope. SPANISH FLY! Jose makes the cover on York whilst Joel throws himself at Monsta Mack trying to get into the ring. One…Two…Three! The SAT win! (Spanish Fly, 12:38)

003. Chris Sabin vs. Fast Eddie vs. Don Juan ~ Chris Sabin cut a backstage promo before the match telling everyone that “I may have lost to Jay Briscoe last month at Era of Honor Begins, but I was this close” Sabin holds his index and thumb really closely together to make his point. “Next time I face off against Jay, I will hit him with the Future Shock and I will be victorious. Tonight, I’ve got to navigate two guys I’ve never heard of from Texas, who sound like luchadores to me. Well I’m going to snap you both back to reality tonight. The future is now.” Confident words from Chris Sabin which ultimately prove true when he takes advantage of a Fast Eddie (beautiful) Asai Moonsault to the outside that wiped out Don Juan. Sabin saw his opportunity, grabbed Eddie, and then finished him off with the Future Shock for the win. (Future Shock, 07:12)

Xavier vs. Delirious ~ Before the match, in a pre-taped segment, Xavier spoke about his humble beginnings that have made him one of the hardest working wrestlers in the business - and one of the most improved. He says he’s been warned that Delirious is unpredictable, but “whilst the journey may differ, the result is always going to be the same” and he crosses his arms over his chest. Delirious certainly proved worthy of the unpredictable tag as, when the bell rang, he proceeded to sprint all around the ring, then do the same on the outside, before finally re-entering the ring and catching Xavier off-guard with a flurry of offence. Delirious’ unorthodox style keeps Xavier on his toes. Xavier frequently tries to take this to the mat to exert his technical skill, but is unable to as the madman continually wriggles free. Xavier begins to slowly adapt to Delirious' style, countering a top rope flying crossbody into a powerslam for a near fall. The momentum begins to shift and after a few open hand palm-strikes, Xavier is able to hit his finisher and the referee counts to three. (Kiss Your X Goodbye, 06:03)

// …………… // Prince Nana is out after the match as the two competitors shake hands. “That suit and crown combo could catch on Chris Lovey, I might have to get myself one of those crowns. I am the ‘King of Old School’ after all.” “Well Steve Corino, I can’t imagine you in a suit, but Prince Nana certainly means business here” Lovey fires back. Nana shoo’s Xavier, Delirious, and the referee away before taking the ring announcer's microphone. “Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed guests of the realm, it is I, the illustrious Prince Nana, the crown prince of the Ashanti Tribe in Ghana, gracing you with my divine presence!” He pauses and soaks in the heat. “Last month Prince Nana was scammed! This man, this Brian XL; he claimed he was a giant among men, but he only proved to be a giant failure who was not worthy of my time”. To be fair, some of the crowd agree with him. “I will be scouting the REAL crown jewel of my Embassy in Ring of Honor. The man I choose will become wealthy, just like Prince Nana. He will become powerful and influential, just like Prince Nana. And he will be irresistible to women…just like Prince Nana!” Nana takes his exit as Corino considers the position on commentary, stating that were he not injured, he would absolutely take Nana up on his offer.

005. The Amazing Red vs. Jimmy Yang ~ Lovey reminds us that, last month, Yang was the recipient of a Spanish Fly and was pinned by Red’s team. The two men shake hands but Yang holds on. He smirks and then staggers Red with a chop. He unleashes a flurry of strikes and kicks and takes Red down with a rolling spinning heel kick. Yang works Red over on the mat and Red really struggles to recover and regain a vertical base. A sleeper draws some ire from the crowd, which energises Red to fight out and hit a lovely backflip neckbreaker. He quickly goes to the ropes and springboards off with a quebrada DDT for a quick two count. Yang fires back with a knee and a powerbomb. He casually tosses Red into the corner and runs in with a basement dropkick. Yang positions Red on the top rope but his attempt at a hurricanrana is blocked, with Red reversing it into a CODE RED off of the top rope. A super CODE RED, if you will. Both men land hard and Red is unable to capitalise with a cover. When he finally manages it, Yang kicks out just before three. Red claws his way up again, looks for the Infrared but misses, and then Yang rolls Red up with a crucifix pin. 1…2…3. Yang capitalised on Red’s mistake and came away with the win. (Crucifix Pin, 12:37)

INTERMISSION……………
Backstage, Jay Briscoe confronts his brother Mark for walking out of the match and asks him what his problem is? Mark says he used to look up to Jay when they were growing up, and even when they’ve wrestled as a tag team before, but now he’s not sure what he saw in him. Jay is too stunned to reply as Mark turns away and walks off. CM Punk and Colt Cabana arrived at the arena earlier in a car together having made the journey from Chicago. Cabana looks sulky as Punk reminds him that after he beats him tonight, Cabana’s covering the gas money. Colt frowns and walks off in the other direction away from Punk’s laughter.

006. James Maritato vs. American Dragon ~ American Dragon won himself a guaranteed contract last month when he defeated the other TWA graduates, meaning a little more comfort, regular bookings, and travel paid for. He’s got some new red boots but otherwise it’s the same old American Dragon. Maritato on the other hand is looking to bounce back from a loss to CM Punk last month, and to rediscover who he is now that he’s left the Guido and FBI gimmick behind. Both men shake hands. Maritato employs his shoot style once again here, but is immediately met with difficulty as Dragon reverses his reversals and neither man is able to assert control. Maritato gets frustrated and throws a chop but Dragon doesn’t mind the striking game either and fires back with a series of european uppercuts. The fourth, however, misses, and Guido catches him with a backslide pin for two. Dragon then sweeps the legs and covers for two. Guido is up; a couple of arm drags a piece followed by simultaneous roaring elbows that crash together leaving both men holding their arms in pain as the crowd applauds the stand-off. Another lock-up and Maritato finds an advantage, working over the shoulder and then hitting an arm breaker. He can’t lock Dragon in a submission on the floor so he just stomps away at the neck and shoulder until Dragon goes to pick Maritato’s ankle, forcing Maritato to take a few steps back for another clean break. They lock up a third time and Maritato shoots for a takedown and gets it, however, Dragon counters smoothly, showcasing his own grappling mastery. The match swings back and forth with both men proving to have answer after answer for the problems their opponent tries to present. Submissions become null and void as neither man is able to lock anything in on the other, and the result is a brutal exchange of strikes.A series of chops colour Dragon’s chest a deep purple but it is Maritato who is sent reeling with a devastating roaring elbow that sees him crumple to the canvas. American Dragon drops to his knees and makes the cover. 1…2…3. Dragon wins! (Roaring Elbow, 14:18)

IWA:MS Heavyweight Title: CM Punk © vs. Colt Cabana ~ Another huge match in the second half of the show. This time two talents from Chicago who still travel the road together, but make no mistake, when they’re in the ring they leave it all out there. Both men are as competitive as they come, and even with a belt on the line, those bragging rights are pretty sweet. The referee for this bout is Mid-South’s own Dave Prazak and he holds the belt aloft for all to see before the bell rings and the two men, eventually, shake hands. From the moment the bell rings, the energy of the crowd is electric. Punk and Cabana waste no time, immediately locking up in the centre of the ring, each man pushing and fighting to gain the early upper hand. As Cabana gets a wristlock, Punk reverses into a hammerlock. Cabana arm drags his way out of it but CM Punk comes flying back with a lariat. Cabana eats it hard and Prazak counts two. Punk grabs a sleeper but Colt fights his way up, elbows in the gut and sends Punk off the ropes. Cabana drops down and then leapfrogs Punk, trying to catch him with a monkey flip, Punk cartwheels out of the way and then kicks Cabana in the ass. HARD. Cabana looks shocked and gets up to shove Punk but Punk is ready and whips Cabana into the corner. Colt reverses it, Punk lands on the second rope and Cabana springboards off the ropes with a sunset flip, grabbing punk and slamming him down as he falls! 1…2…KICKOUT! Punk is dazed and Colt has the advantage. Prazak checks on both men but Colt is up quickly and he aims a few strikes at Punk’s head, keeping him down. As Punk gets up, Cabana nails CM Punk with one of his own sharp kicks. This one to the spine. Punk is up but Cabana is already coming off the ropes with a springboard crossbody. Punk rolls through for a one count, but Cabana is up and cuts him off with a facebuster. Cabana goes high risk again but a slingshot clothesline misses, and Punk is a house on fire! Right hands. Left hands. Left kicks. Right kicks. A jawbreaker staggers Cabana and two big shoulder blocks knock Cabana out of the ring. Punk keeps on top of him as he launches through the middle rope with a diving forearm. Punk rolls Cabana in and heads up for a diving leg drop and gets all of it! One…Two…KICKOUT! Punk goes up one more time but this time Colt catches him and crotches him. Colt follows him up looking for a superplex, but Punk is fighting back. Punk gets him hooked and though Cabana is trying to break free, he can’t! PEPSI PLUNGE! One…Two…Three! CM Punk retains. (Pepsi Plunge, 11:22)

Three Way Dance: Michael Shane vs. Spanky vs. Paul London ~ Following the electrifying action of the previous show, the Era of Honor Begins, where Michael Shane felt cheated in a high-stakes four-way showdown for an ROH contract, tensions are running high in this one. Shane, Spanky, and Paul London step into the ring for what promises to be an intense three-way dance, and Shane is mouthing off to both men whilst everyone shakes hands. Shane is still nursing the wounds of elimination in the previous bout and is determined to prove himself tonight, so when the bell rings he quickly slides out and tells London and Spanky to go at it. Spanky and London need a win after being unable to secure a contract themselves last month, also losing out to American Dragon, so they consider fighting one another before quickly sliding out either side of Michael Shane. He panics and slides back into the ring but is quickly cornered and the two friends proceed to take turns beating down Shane. A fun spot sees them hit alternating german suplexes on Shane every time he gets up, or when London hits a Dropsault into a Spanky school boy roll up. London doesn’t even try and break up the pin, happy to see Shane eliminated, but he kicks out at two. Shane manages to get a brief respite when he sends London crashing into Spanky after a mix-up attempting a double team, giving Shane a brief window of opportunity. He hits London with a brainbuster but suddenly drops to the floor clutching his right knee! The referee quickly dashes to check on him as Spanky gets in the ring looking to continue fighting Shane. He sees him down but the referee pushes him away, saying he’s injured, so Spanky turns back to London instead. London tries a dropsault but Spanky reverses it beautifully into a sit out facebuster (x-factor)! As the referee tries to help Shane up with little success, Spanky gets tossed over the top rope by London, who immediately takes to the top rope. SHOOTING STAR PRESS! An immaculately executed shooting star press to the floor gets everyone in the crowd up on their feet! “PLEASE DONT DIE! PLEASE DONT DIE!” alternates with “THIS IS AWESOME” chants. When London gets to his feet he rolls Spanky back in and heads back up to the comfort of the top rope perch he loves so much. This time he goes for the 450 splash, but Spanky rolls out of the way. Eager to capitalise, Spanky is up and he hits the SLICED BREAD #2!! London is out. The referee has finally rolled Shane out of the ring and he slides back in as Spanky makes the cover. One…Two…Three! London is eliminated!! [ELIMINATION #1]. Before Spanky can even get up to his knees, Shane is sliding back in, and he NAILS the kneeling Spanky with a SUPERKICK! The referee looks at Michael Shane, looks at the fallen Spanky, and looks back at Shane. The Heartstopper clutches his knee and then falls to the ground and hooks the leg. One…Two…Three! [ELIMINATION #2]. Spanky is eliminated and Michael Shane wins!! Shane continues to hold the left knee, as Corino expresses sympathy for him, Chris Lovey is animated in pointing out that he’s holding the wrong knee!! Corino wonders if Shane injured both. It’s a rough sport after all. Shane quickly shakes the hands of his downed opponents before they get up and he makes a, slightly hindered, getaway. (Superkick, 16:07)

009. Two out of Three Falls Tag Match: Eddy Guerrero & Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Jerry Lynn & Super Crazy ~
In a pre-taped segment, Jerry Lynn and Super Crazy talk about always being the “other guy” in some of the greatest wrestling series of all time, but they haven’t come to Ring of Honor to just be the other guys, they’ve come to prove to the world that they are top talents in their own right with both men having spent twelve years a piece in the business so far, they intend to earn the respect they feel their longevity, creativity, and athleticism deserves. All four men shake hands, and Eddy and Rey are the official tecnicos for this crowd as the crowd are even more appreciative of them being here since the next show will be their last before returning to the WWF/E. Lynn and Super Crazy play up to their rudo instincts and a thumb to the eye of Mysterio gets us underway. All four men take turns executing beautiful and crisp chain-wrestling with that lucha flair. Basically, lots of arm drags, head scissors’, and the occasional hurricanrana. Eddy gets the first near-fall of the match after the three amigos - with the last being more of a brainbuster - almost catches Super Crazy out. Crazy tries a small package but Guerrero escapes just before three. The rudo’s work over Rey when they get the chance with frequent tags (no scramble rules here!) and keep Eddy on the apron simmering, his famous temper flaring up when the referee doesn’t see the underhanded tactics of his opponents. Rey escapes Lynn’s grasp and vaults across the ring but Super Crazy is already outside and he yanks Eddy off the apron, hitting the HARDEST PART OF THE RING face first. Rey continues to exist in peril. Eddy is now fired up and ready to go but the referee stops him getting involved and eventually manages to force him to the corner when he threatens to disqualify Eddy. Lynn signals for the Cradle Piledriver but Rey reverses - CODE RED! Somewhere backstage, Amazing Red is absolutely marking out. Rey crawls and he makes the tag! Lynn and Crazy try and rush him but they get wiped out with clotheslines and dropkicks. Three suplexes for Lynn before he hoists him up again and locks in the GORY SPECIAL! An homage to his father, and Lynn taps! FALL #1 - Eddy Guerrero submits Jerry Lynn (1-0).

Super Crazy is quickly in to attack Eddy and he drags Lynn back to the rudo corner to make the tag. Eddy fires back but SC is much fresher and he hits Eddy’s own tilt-a-whirl backbreaker followed by a boot scrape to the face! Eddy now becomes our resident tecnico en peligro as the rudos get the heat on him. Lynn and Super Crazy work really well together and get several near-falls that Rey breaks up. Lynn tags in and then goes for the Cradle Piledriver again, and this time he gets it! However, Super Crazy is late to stop Rey, so Rey springboards on to Lynn with a DROP THE TIME to break up the cover at two. The referee warns Rey again, but immediately loses control of the match as Super Crazy hits a stunning sweeping hurricanrana that sends Rey out of the ring. He then hits the ropes and follows Rey out the scenic way, by flying over the top rope with a springboard corkscrew moonsault! Rey and Super Crazy are both wiped out on the floor. “R-O-H! R-O-H!”. Lynn figures he should go for his finisher again, but Eddy turns the tables and gets him up once again into the Gory Special! Lynn quickly fights out and escapes, but gets caught with a snap DDT as he tries to get up. Referee counts two. Eddy goes up for the Frogsplash but rolls through when he notices Lynn moving out of the way, heel kick from Lynn knocks Eddy back into the corner. Lynn then grabs Eddy and smashes him into the corner with a buckle bomb! Another cover, another two count. Rey is now crawling back inside, Super Crazy not far behind him, and the referee’s protests for only two men in the ring at a time go unheard. A fun spot occurs when Rey hits a tilt-a-whirl on everyone, including Eddy, who he quickly apologises to for getting carried away. The crowd want the referee to get a turn, but he doesn’t look so sure about it. Lynn and Crazy try and fire back, but this isn’t their night. Lynn gets sent packing and then Eddy takes out Super Crazy’s knee and he falls onto the second rope. As he uses the ropes to get to his feet, SIX ONE NINE! He staggers back and WEST COAST POP! Rey makes the cover. 1…2…3. FALL #2 - Rey Misterio Jr., pins Super Crazy (2-0). (1-0, Gory Special, 13:01), (2-0 West Coast Pop, 19:49)

POST-SHOW: …………… After the match everyone shakes hands and Eddy stays behind to address the fans. He cuts a very emotional promo about how places like this are so special and so important to him that he may be leaving after the next show for a little while, but he guarantees that one day he will return. He recognises that with talent like American Dragon, Low Ki, and Paul London, that the future of this company, and this business, is in great hands. He touches on how low he got in his life, but he has always had this one passion, this one fire inside that has never gone out. He says he tried in the past to temper it, or even to snuff it out when it spills over into the rest of his life, but that passion and that fire is what makes him who he is, and so he’s spent a lot of time controlling it and taming it. He’s not finished on his journey yet, but just being here in ROH, around you amazing fans, it helps us all so much. “You’ve helped me so much more than you’ll ever know”. The crowd chants “Thank You Eddy” as the show comes to a close.

001. Jay Briscoe def. Hernandez (J-Driller, 09:13)
002. The SAT def. York & Matthews, The Lost Boys, & Da Hit Squad (Spanish Fly, 12:38)
003. Chris Sabin def. Fast Eddie & Don Juan (Future Shock, 07:12)
Xavier def. Delirious (Kiss Your X Goodbye, 06:03)
005. Jimmy Yang def. The Amazing Red (Crucifix Pin, 12:37)
006. American Dragon def. James Maritato (Roaring Elbow, 14:18)
007. IWA Mid South Heavyweight Title Match: CM Punk © def. Colt Cabana (Pepsi Plunge, 11:22)
008. Michael Shane def. Spanky & Paul London (Superkick, 16:07)
009. Eddy Guerrero & Rey Misterio Jr. def. Jerry Lynn & Super Crazy (1-0, Gory Special, 13:01), (2-0 West Coast Pop, 19:49)

Predictions:

DGMC ~ 7
RoyMustang ~ 7
Mach ~ 5

Since there was no tie-break (I will definitely need to introduce that next time) I am declaring DGMC and Roy joint-winners, and you’ll both get a draft pick into the Road to the Title tournament (show #5) where your combined score across the first four shows will play some part in determining tournament seeding to give your guy a better chance of progressing as far as possible into the event (I’ll figure out the specifics down the road, I am open to suggestions!).

Reactions: Roy Mustang

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
YdGnRcm1Myqw5BPsHzNFt03yX0LmGlA2bogSRe4LecE1rcCdnMEckpIyZcedbSvZeztf2MdRcJ86EbBlGHoWtViV_-hGLD4K4m0eQFSK19MNHX5kbAG8PBStbnebMqssKd3CCrK1K-hqBKfo8Xssqe8

Daniels Update | Night of Appreciation Card Run-Down | Future Tournament
Monday 1st April, 2002
Newswire #006
Two days ago we followed up our hugely successful debut show with our sophomore effort; THE SECOND COMING. It is my privilege to announce that the show was completely sold out, and that our show later this month (4/20) has sold out ahead of time. We may have tickets on the door on the night, but there will be no guarantee. Tickets for future shows go on sale today, including for our inaugural "Best in the World' tournament with further information on that, and a full card breakdown for our 4/20 show NIGHT OF APPRECIATION, below. You can purchase tickets to all of our events here.

Ring of Honor - Best in the World Tournament

Our co-owner and head booker Gabe Sapolsky announced at the beginning of THE SECOND COMING that we will be holding a tournament in June. Well we can now confirm that this tournament will be a road to the title as ROH can proudly present its first championship - the Ring of Honor Heavyweight Title. We believe this will come to be viewed as the absolute top prize in independent wrestling, and we are only inviting the best of the best to compete in this tournament to crown our first champion. Impressive showings on prior ROH shows will help make you known to the team that will be working on ensuring we provide the absolute best talent from around the world, but we will not discount anyone's achievements in other companies either in North America or from around the world. We truly believe that the only way to stand apart from the rest is to do things the right way.

Next week we will reveal the tournament structure, number of participants, and we'll begin to reveal the entrants into the tournament as we confirm them. Subscribe to the ROHWrestling newsletter for updates direct to your inbox as and when we receive them.

'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels' Suspension Update

Another announcement Gabe made at THE SECOND COMING was regarding the status of Christopher Daniels. We can confirm that Daniels and the Ring of Honor office have come to an agreement whereby after his sixty day suspension, Daniels will be given the opportunity to redeem himself. This decision was not taken lightly, and we are keen to stress that further infractions by Daniels, or anybody else booked on our events, will be taken very seriously and whilst a first infraction will only result in a fine and a suspension, further rule breaking will be dealt with much more decisively. Key in Daniels' return were Low Ki, Homicide, and 'The Black Nature Boy' Scoot Andrews, all of whom are desperate for an opportunity to teach the Fallen Angel some respect.

With that in mind, we can announce that at the 5/18 show, Christopher Daniels will return from suspension to face 'The Warrior' Low Ki. Assuming Daniels has learned his lesson and observes the Code of Honor he will be fully restored to the roster for future shows. We can't help but feel that the upcoming Best in the World tournament may have made a change to Daniels' attitude, and we hope to see a reformed character when he returns.

TORNEO CIBERNETICO~!

At the end of saturdays show we saw an emotional and heartfelt Eddy Guerrero reflect on his time in the indies and how he feels that Ring of Honor is a special place full of talent, and he was honoured to have been able to be a part of it for its inception. As many of you know, both Eddy Guerrero and Rey Misterio Jr., signed contracts with the WWF/E last month, but the WWF/E office was keen to allow Eddy to complete his rehabilitation plans in his own way - which included facing Rey Misterio one more time free from restraint. Unfortunately for Eddy he was on the losing end of that match, and he spoke at length how he felt he needed to beat Rey to find closure in this chapter of his life.
We are delighted to announce that at our show NIGHT OF APPRECIATION - named for both Eddy and Misterio for our gratitude to both men for being so important in launching this company the right way - that they have agreed to settle things in a lucha fashion in the TORNEO CIBERNETICO. For those unfamiliar with the match, check out our - small but growing - collection of CMLL tapes for the original of this match, although several smaller Japanese promotions have recently adopted the match. For those wanting a quick break down, here goes...

THE RULES

The match will be a ten-man scramble rules tag team match where two teams of five will wrestle until only one man remains. There are no count outs, no rope breaks, and whenever a participant is eliminated, they are to immediately return to the back or risk breaking the Code of Honor. We make this distinction, because whilst the match is still ongoing, anyone eliminated will be treated as an external influence on the match. We hope this will ensure that integrity is maintained, even in the heat of the moment when tempers may flare and people may react in a way they wouldn't ordinarily.

Two important points are around the order of tagging (batting order) and around the potential situation that could unfold if more than one member of a team remains at the end of the match. FIRSTLY, each wrestler can only tag out to one other wrestler, which will be decided by random selection. So, for example, Wrestler 1 can only tag Wrestler 2, who can only tag wrestler 3, and so on until you get wrestler 5 who can only tag in Wrestler 1, and so the sequence continues. Due to the scramble rules nature whereby a tag can also be made when a teammate leaves the ring, we ask that only the next man in the batting order stand on the apron. This helps our referee's maintain order, and gives clarity to the match.

SECONDLY, if it so happens that two or more men of the same team remain when all of the members of the opposing team have been eliminated, the match continues until only one man remains. In this rare instance, tags will be scrapped and the match will become a 1v1, 1v1v1, 1v1v1v1, or 1v1v1v1v1, as is required. We hope you have kept up with us on this, but rest assured that Steve Corino and 'Chris Lovey' will explain every aspect of the match as it happens.

TEAM CAPTAINS Rey Misterio and Eddy Guerrero gave us a shortlist of who they wanted to join them in the match and whilst a few of the names were unavailable, we feel very confident in the eight men that have signed on to be a part of this match. Rey and Eddie will make alternating picks before the first match at NIGHT OF APPRECIATION to establish their teams.

FINAL CARD for NIGHT OF APPRECIATION [4/20]

Torneo Cibernetico~!
Team Guerrero (Eddy Guerrero, ???, ???, ???, ???) vs. Team Misterio (Rey Misterio Jr., ???, ???, ???, ???)

Selections: Super Crazy, JUVENTUD GUERRERA, Amazing Red, PSICOSIS, Paul London, CHAVO GUERRERO, HÉCTOR GARZA, DAMIÁN 666.

(basically, of the eight men here, pick who you think will end up on which team, with a point available for each correct pick. Also, don't forget to select which man you think will stand tall at the end of it all. Nb., capitalised wrestlers just means its a debut.)

'The Warrior' Low Ki vs. 'The King of the Independents' Reckless Youth

'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles vs. Jerry Lynn

American Dragon & James Maritato vs. CM Punk & Colt Cabana

Spanky vs. Michael Shane

MsChif vs. Alexis Laree

Fatal Four Way
Matt Sydal w/ Daizee Haze vs. Jay Briscoe vs. Chris Sabin vs. Xavier

Scramble Rules Six Man Tag
The Night Shift (Blind Rage, Hallowicked, & Icarus) vs. The SAT & The Amazing Red

As always, predictions welcome. Normal stuff for everything except the main event where you need to make the teams you think Eddy/Rey will end up with AND pick the overall winner (not just the team) of the match.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
FINAL CARD for NIGHT OF APPRECIATION [4/20]

Torneo Cibernetico~!

Team Guerrero (Eddy Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Hector Garza, Damian 666, Psicosis) vs. Team Misterio (Rey Misterio Jr., Super Crazy, , Amazing Red, Juventud Guerrera, Paul London)

'The Warrior' Low Ki
vs. 'The King of the Independents' Reckless Youth

Spanky
vs. Michael Shane

MsChif vs. Alexis Laree

Fatal Four Way

The Night Shift (Blind Rage, Hallowicked, & Icarus) vs. The SAT & The Amazing Red

DGenerationMC

Reaction score
Torneo Cibernetico~!
Team Guerrero (Eddy Guerrero, JUVENTUD GUERRERA, PSICOSIS, CHAVO GUERRERO, HÉCTOR GARZA) vs. Team Misterio (Rey Misterio Jr., Super Crazy, Amazing Red, Paul London, DAMIÁN 666)

'The Warrior' Low Ki vs. 'The King of the Independents' Reckless Youth

Spanky
vs. Michael Shane

MsChif vs. Alexis Laree

Fatal Four Way