Smackdown's LIVE Debut on SyFy October 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Next week is the debut of Smackdown on it's new home SyFy and it is a special LIVE show. It is a huge step for Smackdown as it is on a channel under the NBC umbrella and they expect it to start equaling RAW in the ratings. A live debut is a fantastic idea to draw interest in the show and to stop the normal decrease in ratings caused by people just reading the spoilers. There have been some big names rumoured to be shifted to Smackdown for it's move to SyFy but currently no roster changes have been announced.​

Two matches have been announced already. Alberto Del Rio will take on Rey Mysterio who he "injured" a few weeks back. Nexus will then confront Cena on the show as well. Some other matches rumoured are a tag team match featuring the US and WWE champion vs the IC and World champion.​

HIAC PPV is right around the corner as well so more build will occur for that PPV. Paul Bearer returned last week as well so we will surely hear more from him.​

I am expecting a huge show for Smackdown as it will want to impress with it's first rating on the new channel, anything less than 2.5 will be a failure in my book.​

What matches would you like to see? Do you think we will see any debuts/returns/roster switches on the show? What rating do you think this live Smackdown will get?​

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Undertaker vs CM Punk has been added to the preview for Smackdown's LIVE debut on SyFy which happens in just over 22 hours time.

I am glad that another big match has been added to the card and most importantly announced ahead of time so people know what to expect. I still expect to have a RAW champions vs Smackdown champions match on the show and also a tag team title match featuring the three tag teams from Smackdown.

Unfortunately in Australia we have to wait an extra day for this show whereas the US and UK will be getting it live.

Will anyone be tuning in live to Smackdown to see what it is like on the new network?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'll be watching it via live stream tomorrow right before the grand final (That's if I find a stream)

I've taped it on Foxtel IQ in case I don't find a stream, seriously excited for this show.

The move to the new channel might be good, we'll see.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well did anyone watch it live?

I didn't here because I couldn't be bothered trying to find a stream to watch it on.

Quick Results

IC Title match: Dolph Ziggler vs MVP No contest as Nexus interfered
Natalya, Kelly Kelly and Bella Twins def McCool, Layla, Maryse and Alicia Fox
Jack Swagger had a homecoming speech, Edge interupted possibly meaning Edge is now on Smackdown.
Nexus def Big Show in a 5 on 1 handicap match
The Undertaker def CM Punk
Rey Mysterio returned and attacked Alberto Del Rio
Randy Orton def Cody Rhodes and then RKO'd Drew McIntyre therefore crushing the tag team champions
John Cena vs Kane was a no contest. Nexus fought with Cena and Undertaker and Kane fought to finish the show.

Doesn't really seem like a special show which it should have been. Just seems like a regular multi brand show, pushed HIAC PPV but didn't make the live show seem important.