Wade Barrett and Nexus - Where Next?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In the end Barrett failed in his quest to win the WWE Championship. Personally I would have had him win at Survivor Series because I dislike Orton as champion and wanted to see where Barrett could take it. Nexus are down to six members and have lost the thing that really got them to the top of RAW, John Cena.

Slater and Gabriel still hold the tag team titles. Harris and McGillicuty could for another solid team whilst I see David Otunga focusing on singles wrestling whilst in Nexus. Barrett still needs to hang around the mainevent since he is still one of the most over heels on RAW.
With Cena gone though who can he face on RAW?

It seems like Orton will feud with The Miz whilst Sheamus and John Morrison are feuding. The only one, besides a returning HHH, is R-Truth. He was kind of part of the storyline when he kept telling Cena to do the "right thing". Now that Cena has done the right thing Truth can feud with Barrett to continue the storyline.

Nexus as a group though must be nearing the end since this was a failure for them. Barrett didn't win the title and that was the main goal for them. I can certainly see Nexus splitting up soon by WM next year.

What do you think will happen with Nexus? Who will Barrett feud with next?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So in other words Troy WWE have blown it again. Part of the point of having Cena join The Nexus was surely to raise the groups profile, which he did for about 30 seconds, before he left! The fact his stay was so brief, just makes the whole thing pointless. Also I thought they were building a feud between Cena and Orton which they haven't done, nor have they turned Cena heel. Simply Cena decided to walk out on his contract, because he saw it as the right thing to do rather than helping Barrett win the title. SO WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE WHOLE THING!!??:mad:

I say either have Sheamus turn face, and have him face Barrett, or turn Morrison heel and have the two face each other.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Its just another midcard stable, that will eventually break up and noone would care. Simply it was just Barrett and a bunch of guys. Noone else stood out and it was remarkable they lasted this long.

I doubt anyone else in the group, outside of Justin Gabriel will do anything.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't understand why they cut Cena's involvement so short either. I personally thought that the Cena/Nexus storyline was the best storyline going on RAW and assumed that it would continue until at least the RR.

Looking at the roster again the only name I come up with is R-Truth unless they then use the new Juan Cena character to face Barrett.

Gabriel is promising and should stick around for a while. Otunga will be kept around simply because he is married to someone famous. Harris and McGillicuty need more time to develop but I could easily see them being regulars on the main roster. Slater I have no hope for, he looks shocked everytime he is out there and just looks like he is in the wrong place.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I quite like Slater for some reason, I just think he has that sort of Barry Windham/Dustin Rhodes type thing going on.