Reviewing every WWE PPV in order from worst to best

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
I'm supposed to be receiving notifications of every new post in this thread, but I haven't been, that's why I've missed a few. I don't really remember much of Unforgiven 2004, reading about how Stevie Richards vs Tyson Tomko came about you'd think that match would go about 2-3 minutes tops. I wasn't really aware of Jericho vs Christian until it was put out as part of the Ladder Match DVD and was wowed by it. Yeah, that whole Lita-Matt Hardy-Kane angle was totally f'ed up. Lita slept with Kane (when and why who knows) gets pregnant by him, is forced to marry him because he beat Matt Hardy in a match (two men fighting to control a woman can marry, I wonder who came up with that one *cough* Vince *cough*). Then after she loses the baby thanks to Snitsky all of a sudden she loves Kane, until that is she turns on him for Edge. How can they turn her into a babyface again? So then WWE decides it's time to move forward with a fresh young World Heavyweight Champion...aaaaand he drops the belt to Triple H (ugh-gain). At least in 2005 they didn't drop the ball with new champions.

I'm going to come out and say it, WWE dropped the ball on Big Show. He debuts as this monster enforcer for The Corporation, soon turns babyface feuding with the corporation, turns heel aligning with The Undertaker, turns babyface again after his father dies, finally gets a PPV title match and wins the WWE Championship as a last minute replacement for Austin but doesn't feel like a main eventer. His first, and only PPV title defense is against Big Bossman, then later turns heel again heading into WrestleMania 2000. Four turns in one year. With Rock vs Austin, I believe it was Austin who said he prefers that match over the match they had a month earlier at WrestleMania. And how many times in 1998-2000 was a McMahon the guest referee for a major title match. Seems like quite a few.

So, I missed not one, but two Bret Hart 5-Star matches. I, for one, prefer this match over the match with Bulldog the next year. Partially because this match has a faster pace. I believe Curt was going into this match with a serious back injury and basically retired after this match. He didn't make a TV appearance until November when he became Ric Flair's manager and didn't wrestle again until Survivor Series a year later when he replaced Ultimate Warrior. Of course that main event match at Summerslam '91 was the one where Ultimate Warrior demanded more money from Vince, Vince gave in and then fired him after the match then brought him back for WrestleMania.

Stomping Grounds is a perfect example of what not to do. Out of the blue you create a new PPV (because it worked so well for Great Balls of Fire), then you take your top four singles champions, all top babyfaces, and give them weak-ass opponents. Sure Alexa Bliss was a former Women's Champion but wasn't much of a top star at the time. Dolph Ziggler, though a great worker, was also not a main eventer certainly at that time. If Ziggler was going to work as a main eventer he would have to be in the role that Kofi was in as the underdog babyface not as a heel feuding with an underdog babyface. From what I understand Corbin was a Vince guy. Vince loved him. That's why he was getting pushed to the moon. And Lacey Evans was a failed experiment. She couldn't get over as a babyface, she couldn't get over as a heel. They tried her as the Sassy Southern Belle, they tried her as a military hero, and they tried her as a mom. Couldn't quite cut it.

WrestleMania 13, first of all, I love the logo. They started off this event with a 4-way tag team match, a year later they started with a tag team battle royal. That was still the time in which a lot of weaker matches were put on first to build up to the main event. I think that match was the death nail for the push of Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon who had been getting a big push since their debut the previous fall. Blackjacks should have won that match since they were new and trying to get over and WWE did nothing with the Headbangers anyway after winning that. The Sultan should never have had an I-C title match on any PPV. And he shouldn't have had a match of any kind at WrestleMania. And to put you're still fairly green and fairly weak as a character new I-C Champion against a weak heel is not a good way to get him over. Should have been Rocky vs Mankind. I did enjoy that 6-Man Street Fight. It was so awesome to see LOD back and kicking ass, plus I was a pretty big fan of Ahmed at the time. I do think, however, it should have been Ahmed vs Faarooq one-on-one to settle their feud and put LOD vs Owen & Bulldog for the tag titles.