*Spoilers* TNA Impact Taping Results For 11-18

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
TNA Impact (Airing November 18th)
*TNA X-Division champ Robbie E. & Cookie & Generation Me defeated Jay Lethal & Velvet Sky & The Motor City Machineguns.

*Backstage, Jeff Jarrett is giving instructions to Murphy and Gunner to make sure Kurt Angle doesn’t show up and stop his MMA presentation tonight. Jeremy Borash comes in and tries to object to something regarding Jeff Hardy and Jarrett goes off on him, saying he didn’t sell out.

*Abyss issued an open challenge to anyone for a Casket Match and Shannon Moore took him up on it.

*Jeff Jarrett comes out for his MMA demonstration, bringing a lot of people out as sparring partners. Jeremy Borash reads a prepared statement saying that TNA asks everyone not to try this at home. Jarrett shows everyone an armbar and walks everyone through the move. He then shows a Japanese Kneelock, then an anklelock. Fans start chanting for Kurt Angle and Jarrett responds that he learned this move from Ken Shamrock. He then shows a rear naked choke and people chant for Samoa Joe. Angle says he learned the choke from Royce Gracie. Joe comes out and says he wants Jarrett. Jarrett says he has two students left and if Joe can get through them, he can have Jarrett tonight. Joe destroys them and they tease a submission match but Jarrett leaves the students and runs off. Joe kills them.

*TNA champion Jeff Hardy defeated Raven in a match where Raven would be fired if he lost. Hulk Hogan came out and said “Raven, you are fired, quote the Hulkster, Nevermore.†Tommy Dreamer, Brian Kendrick and Stevie Richards came out and put over Raven similar to how they praised Sabu when he finished up at the PPV. Dreamer then demanded that Rhino get out there and explain what he did last week. Rhino came out and said that his TNA contract was expiring and the only way Eric Bischoff would sign him to a new deal is if he turned on them and he did what he had to do. He told Dreamer that he and Rob Van Dam only cared about themselves, not anyone else. It got physical and Rob Van Dam got involved but Rhino lays them out.

*Abyss challenged anyone to a Casket Match. Out came Shannon Moore, who accepted. They have a back and forth match. Abyss almost gets put in the casket but fights off Moore. Moore tries several more times and finally slams the casket shut, then does a backwards flip over the casket onto Abyss. Abyss hits the Black Hole Slam and opens the casket, but there’s the Pope inside (apparently he has supernatural pimpin’ powers) and attacks Abyss. The referee calls for the bell (in a casket match?) and Abyss escaped.

*Angelina Love vs. Mickie James for the first time ever with the winner getting a TNA Knockouts title match. Mickie wins. Great back and forth match.

*Brother Ray comes out and explains why he turned on Devon. He says he invented the Dudley Death Drop and begins naming everyone who fell to it. He says that the only reason Chris Sabin kicked out of the move at Turning Point is because Devon is, was, and always will be the weak link. Bubba said, “I am Shawn Michaels and Devon is Marty Jannetty.†He says that any of his brothers could have been his partner because he made 3D.

*The main event is Ric Flair vs. Matt Morgan. Ric Flair came out and drank an entire Snirnoff even though he didn’t get “iced.†Morgan had the early advantage. Flair gains control after a low blow. They brawl around ringside. Flair is busted open maybe three minutes in. Fortune comes out and works on Morgan after he chokeslams Flair, but Douglas Williams turned babyface, attacks Fortune and leaves. Morgan nails the Carbon Footprint on Flair and scores the pin. Fortune and Flair are pissed about Williams as Morgan celebrates.

The Jarrett segment just seems odd the best bit was Joe coming out and attacking the students.

Raven leaving is fine with me although it now means EV 2.0 is down to Dreamer, Kendrick and Richards. I don't mind the reasoning behind Rhino's turn it makes sense and is a fair reason for turning heel.

I always think of The Undertaker when they have casket matches. Abyss vs Moore will be odd but the setup is all for the Pope being in the casket to attack Abyss. Not sure about the finish.

Mickie James winning a title shot is expected and I am happy with that. In the future I would like to see the continuation of the feud with Tara which never finished at Turning Point.

Flair vs Morgan in the mainevent and Flair drinks a bottle of vodka before the match *shakes head* this writing is just sad. Williams turning face is good since there seem to be way too many heels in TNA at the moment.

What do you think of the show?

Reaction score
The only problem I have with Williams going face is, well he not built to be a face. But lets see how this works. Hmm the ref rings the bell in acasket match makes sense? No. But what makes sense in TNA anymore? My theory is this, Devon should have been the heel and Bubba should be the face. The WWE has proven that!! As for Devon is a superstar at heel and Bubba just doesnt cut it for me as a heel. Now there are waaay to many people in TNA and some are not gettin air time ! I think its time for TNA to start up another show and real soon because if not they will have more fired people then what they have on the roster now.

Reaction score
I'm with Blockito, Doug Williams going face suddenly like that doesn't make much sense to me, I know they've been slightly hinting at it, but they should have milked it until the next pay per view to be honest. The show itself doesn't look to bad, looking forward to watching it, I wouldn't miss Raven's last final appearance with TNA. Back to Doug Williams, the turn is sudden and I don't like it, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with him as a face, my guess is that Matt Morgan and Doug Williams lead the revolt against Fortune & They...

Dudley.... Team 3D breaking up is kind of meh to me, I love Brother Ray and Brother Devon but they just don't interest me when they feud, they should either stick together as a tag team or just fall to the back and disappear... TNA has guys like Desmond Wolfe, Brutus Magnus, Amazing Red and countless others that are just being left on the back burner, while Bischoff/Hogan/Jarrett get more and more in ring and television time. I love Jarrett, Hogan and Bischoff to be honest but not if it means that the younger more talented guys are going to be left on the backburner.

That being said, I enjoyed the Joe/Jarrett match at Turning Point, as far as the MMA skit goes, I'll wait before I hate on it, maybe it'll be good ya never know.