44 vs 85

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better Tag Champs

• APA

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Strike Force

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
APA
APA.jpg

Bradshaw and Faarooq won the tag titles on the May 31st 1999 Raw from Kane and X-Pac. The lost them to The Hardy Boyz on the July 5th 1999 Raw. They won them back on July 25th 1999 at Fully Loaded in a handicap match where Michael Hayes teamed with the Hardy Boyz. They lost them to Kane and X-Pac on the August 9th 1999 Raw. They won their third tag titles on the July 9th 2001 Raw from the Dudley Boyz. They lost the titles to DDP and Kanyon on the August 9th 2001 Smackdown.

Strike Force
28.jpg

Rick Martel and Tito Santana won the tag titles on the October 27th 1987 Superstars from The Hart Foundation. They lost the titles to Demolition on March 27th 1988 at Wrestlemania IV.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Loved the APA. My vote goes to them.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
You Scott, you love Rick Martel too much lol

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm a lot more familiar with APA than I am with Strike Force. In fact I only recognize the names of Rick Martel and Tito Santana, I wasn't aware before today that they were part of a tag team together. In terms of workrate, even though I've never seen any of Strike Force's work, it's a given that they were a more technical tandem than Faarooq and Bradshaw. In terms of championships, Strike Force only held the belts once while the A.P.A. were three time champs.

However, as much as I love the A.P.A., I'm going to give Strike Force the vote here.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Santana was actually a very underated performer, and I share Scott's thoughts on Martel, together they made a very exciting team and their one reign meant much more than any of APA's who I never got into as a team.