Wimbledon 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

rey619

Reaction score
We are a couple of weeks out from the most prestiges grandslam in Tennis, who do you guys think will win this one? On the Mens side i see another Nadal and Rodger final but i might be mistaken and someone else might have a good run but those two are my favs to make it through to the final. As for the woman kinda not sure no doubt one of the williams sisters will make it to either the semi or final. Im hoping Sam Stouser has a good run and makes it to the final.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
On the men's side I can see Federer or Nadal crashing out early, I think that there will be a big upset early. Nadal would be my pick to drop out early since Federer is so strong on grass much like Nadal is dominant on clay. I think that Andy Murray should perform strongly again and that Hewitt will actually get close this year. He is in much better form and if he can get a good draw he can go deep into the second week.

On the women's side it is just too hard to pick, the women's side is too unpredictable and has been for the last couple of years. I don't like the Williams sisters so I hope they don't win it. I can see Sam Stosur making it to at least the quarter finals this year since she is in fantastic form and should have a good draw with her strong seeding.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hewitt is going to be talked up by the Australian media as a real challenger now. He just beat Roger Federer at Halle 3-6 7-6 6-4 even after it was 4-4 in the second set with Hewitt 0-40 on his serve. Great mental strength by Hewitt to stay strong and save those three break points and then go on to win the match. Federer had beaten Hewitt the last fifteen times they had played so this was a much needed confidence boost for Hewitt especially to beat Federer on grass where he had only lost one out of his last 77 matches on grass. Huge win and it turns out it was a great idea for him to play this tournament rather than Queen's to prepare for Wimbledon.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wimbledon starts tonight!

A lot of big names are playing today including Federer, Roddick and Djokovic. For Australia our big men's singles chances are playing tonight aswell, Hewitt faces Maximo Gonzalez and Tomic faces Mardy Fish.

The first of the matches start in about six hours.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
STOP THE PRESSES!

Has anyone been following the tennis. Isner vs Mahut it 2 sets all and then the final set is at 59-59! To win the match one player has to get two games ahead in the final set. This is easily the longest match ever played by time played (over 10 hours) and games played. It stopped because of bad light and resumes today. I expect a quick finish as one will tire. Neither of these two will make it past the next round though, they will be too tired.

In Australian news Hewitt and Groth are in the third round, Sam Stosur choked in the first round unfortunately.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That match finished 70-68 in the fifth set and was over eleven hours long. Both players were given awards at the end of the match since it was such an epic effort, both had a great never say die attitude and both should be commended for playing for so long over three days. Isner won and as expected lost his next match in straight sets, there is no way he could get up after such an exhausting match.

Hewitt and Federer both play tonight so that will provide a couple of good matches to watch. Hopefully Hewitt can get up and continue on the the second week, Australia need him to do well again.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
Rodger Federer is out!This is a massive supprise! Andy Murrey is now on against songa I think. But still Federer is out!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Berdych played a great game yesterday, too strong for Federer who has struggled throughout the tournament. Murray was lucky to get through, Tsonga played himself out of the match. In the second set tiebreak Tsonga was up 6-5 and served and volleyed which Murray returned high, Tsonga could have smashed it for an easy win and 2-0 lead but he left it and it was in by a long way. Tsonga then looked like he gave up. Looks like it will be a Berdych vs Nadal final as they looked the strongest in their quarter final matches.