WWE Live 3 Hour Old School Raw Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Alright guys, only moments away for the big 3 Hour Raw... Thought I'd post this, see if it gets some activity. Kind of excited for this Raw over any, basically just to see some legends and what not.

How about you guys? What are you hoping to see? Who are you hoping to see?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Good start with Barrett/Cena/Miz.

Love how Cena said he will make sure Miz won't cash it in, however Miz sounded very, very face in his promo. I reckon he might actually go face once everybody hates Cena for his actions and such.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This whole night had one thing and one thing only......Nostalgia, all the little details were awesome, the turnbuckles, the apron, the barricades, the announce table and the refs shirts and bowties. It was like jumping into a time machine, I marked out all night, I loved it!

Piper's Pit had Cena's best promo maybe ever, Piper is still a god on the mic and Cena finally looked like he wasn't reciting a script. Which is how he should sound all the time. Wade Barrett was on fire tonight and JR calls a Daniel Bryan match, and smacks Cole with his "vintage" black cowboy hat, what wasn't to love.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was a pity I wasn't able to be on during the show since it seemed like a good show and it could have produced a lot of discussion.

WWE went all out with the show which is fantastic, I wasn't sure if they would just bring back some legends and do nothing else. Good that they changed everything to make it as authentic as possible. JR showing up was a huge surprise as I hadn't expected him to be there tonight.

Another bonus was that they announced some matches for Survivor Series for the show. I counted three matches added and one is even a traditional Survivor Series match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Quick TV Thoughts
WWE: RAW November 15, 2010
- I loved this show, the Old School theme made it a lot of fun for me, great to see all the old faces again.
- Is Mae Young now the oldest person to ever wrestle on RAW (or perhaps just ever wrestle a match)? First match at 17 last match at 87, not a bad 70 year career.
- Mean Gene, Howard Finkle, and JR are still the best in the world at what they do. Part of it might be that they are the voices that I grew up watching, but I don't think that's it at all, they are just that damn good!
- Roddy Piper falls into that category too, but I think tonight he went above and beyond even for him. That closing segment Piper was as good if not better than ever and think of the ground that that covers. I think what made it great, apart from Piper's awesome delivery was that he put the title over like never before. The Title isn't just important to those who hold it, It's important to everyone who works their whole career and never gets to hold it too. This is what our industry needs.
- Closing segment was great. Cena and Piper actually gave me goose bumps. That was a money segment. I want to see the post match more than I want to see the match at the PPV but in any event they made me want to see the PPV and that is a huge thumbs up.
- Big thumbs up show for me. The Old School trip down memory lane made it fun and that last segment was a heavy push towards Survivor Series.
Lance Storm gives his thumbs up. Pretty spot on about Piper's promo about the title.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He makes a great point about the title and it is something that I have never heard mentioned on WWE. The title is important to those who never win it therefore it can't be treated as a prop. Piper did a great job of putting the title over and making it actually seem more important than it has been. Adds another layer to Orton/Barrett/Cena, can't wait for that match just to see the outcome and how it all unfolds.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Like most old school fans I loved the concept and therefore enjoyed the show. Piper showed why he is the greatest stick man of all time, and actually made sense, something he has struggled with in most of his comeback performances where he always goes over the top. JR appearance and the match he called were enough to make the night although Tito Santana and George "The Animal" Steele were the only legends we saw that don't make regular cameos, (I guess Volkoff and Chavo Sr. could count there too).