Rate Warzone 05-09-2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
Rate Warzone Folks, please try and review each segment please rather than an overall rating, feedback is welcome

What was your thoughts on these segments:

Sam Cornell vs Puff

Zach Schmidt arrives at the arena

Tag team immortality tournament kick off

Ashraf vs Mark White

Zach is still mad

RA Kyro vs Mad Dogg

My Rating:
Sam Cornell vs Puff
Sam vs Puff for the gladiator's title. It was a short match and as Puff has set the standard, the winner was obvious. Ramees is being used which is nice to see, however there was a coding eroror

Zach Schmidt arrives at the arena
Extremely short and shouldn't have been a segment alone to be honest, could have cut in at the end of the Sam vs Puff match

Tag team immortality tournament kick off
Decent Match, but wished it had been much longer given there was 4 teams involved in the match. Also wish the commentary had explained the match and tournament rather than repeat the action I just read

Ashraf vs Mark White
Match of the night in my opinion, perfect length between the two, Ashraf showing off as he is a decent character. And of course Aids Johnson appearing at the end was great

RA Kyro vs Mad Dogg
Very nice match, however the ending left me puzzled, Kyro loses and Cutlass continues, which is an unusual character turn, the Cutlass back when he was the entertaining dictator would have moved on to another opponent considering he must defend the championship. Match ending I expected Kyro to win, so Mad Dogg winning was nice to see

Overall thought
a83c1f71b37ff64be7030c57b0790962.png

Overall I would say, We could have had perhaps two matches in the same segment of Zack's backstage hunt, as they were quick and I do not enjoy when RAW cut to commercials after a 3 minute backstage segment. Matches were good, Ashraf vs White was the match of the night, hope to see more from both men

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
8/10, always good. 2 backstage segments, and maddogg match was good. Aids > Maddogg > Kyro. :true:

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Sam Cornell vs Puff was a decent opening match. It felt like an opening match and it had just enough to get it by. One thing that could've made it better would have been the utilization of outside of the ring. There could have been something they could have done while they were out instead of Cornell throwing Puff back in immediately. Perhaps an elbow off the apron, toss into the ring post, even just punches would have been good. The match was 3 out of 5, just an average match. The commentary was great in this one, and it added to the match. On a side note Ramees promo reminded me of the Booker T promo on Hulk Hogan in WCW lol.

The Zach Schmidt arrival was little bit better than ok. It let me see a little bit more of who the characters were without giving a direct promo, but based on their attitudes towards Zach. To make it even better I would have things the wrestlers were doing. Like for example, Puff could have given Zach the cold shoulder, or pushed him out of the way. Just very minor things to exemplify that the characters are face or heel. Still good none the less.

Tag Team immortality kick off, right from the beginning I was thinking that the point system is a lot to keep track of, but it's manageable. I will note that commentary did a good job of making sense of the tournament for a noobie like me. I'd also like to add that the descriptions of the characters are really good. It really leaves no room for guessing which is great. The match was obviously a 5 out of 5, no doubt. The addition with Angel only solidified it. In my opinion this should have been the main event. It was a great match and it seemed like the drama was something usually reserved for the end of the show to keep people wanting more.

Ashraf's promo before he was interrupted was pretty good. It was good for what it was because I'd like to see what he'd say with more time on the mic. Mark White was really getting his ass beat in this match, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing because not every match can be a back and forth. I will add that Mark could have brought out some of his personality when Ashraf was outside of the ring, just to give some insight on who he was. The match made him seem like a standard jobber. When Aids came out that was good (lol funny sentence). It was clever on making Aids hit Mark in the face to give him the match. Interesting rivalry for sure between Aids and Ashraf.

Pointing out that there's two different spellings of Zach from the title above spoiler and dialouge, minor detail. The segment was going great, but Zach instantly being persuaded when Geordie said he'd train him kind of killed it. There should have been something that though was given to Zack's decision before he made it. Perhaps a quick pace down the hallway while he thinks, accompanied by kicking stuff (just tantrum related actions). Then after a moment to cool down he'd accept.

The main event with Kyro and Mad Dogg had it's moments. It seemed very short though. The high impact moves in the match made up for it though. There was a lot of build up going into this match and since I'd never read Warzone before I wasn't as excited for it as someone else would be. The part the end where Cutlass came out was good though. Now I know what to expect going into the next Warzone. I'll give that part a 4 out of 5.