What does this mean for Barrett?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If you haven't seen RAW this week then stop reading.

This week on RAW CM Punk was revealed to be the new leader of Nexus. What does this mean for Barrett who, as far as I am aware, was not on the show this week?

Does this make Wade Barrett a face after being dumped by Nexus? Is he now a tweener seeking revenge on everyone? Or is he still a heel who will just brush this off and say that the others were holding him down?

Who will Barrett face next? Is it still Cena or is Cena now occupied with Punk?

Where can Barrett go from here?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
With Cena occupied with Punk and Nexus I would not be shocked if Barrett returned alongside him. I could see Barrett feuding with Otunga and company well Cena gets Punk. The other option is to just set him alone from the group as if he was just debuting.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Smackdown...........Feuding with Undertaker. Thats my guess, Taker has beef with Barrett. No one wants to see Taker and Kane fueding, so this makes the best scenario. And Brock/Taker is not happening. So Barrett jumping to Smackdown for Taker's streak is my option.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I think a Fued with taker is the best option. hey maybe wade isn't actually gone from nexus and they're using the whole otunga as boss thing to lead to a match between him and wade at the rumble and whoever wins gets leader. of course otunga would lose and go face. but tbh the taker option is the most viable because i believe he could use the elevation. the cena thing would suck in my opinion cos barett doesn't look like a face. though i hope he doesn't fade out because he's the most talented nexus guy

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
im probs the only person not keen on Barrett v Undertaker, I want to see Barrett V ortunga because he can actually make Ortunga look good in the ring! i want to see Taker/Brock but its getting more unlikely every day, Wouldnt mind seeing Taker/cena or Taker/Cm punk or something like that tbh! I just hope they don't turn Barrett Face i think i would die a little inside!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Barrett can't go face, he is just a natural heel and no-one would take him seriously as a face after the way his character has been built the past year.

Interesting now that Cena may be injured in how they book Barrett on RAW. Do they keep him as a top heel or send him to Smackdown. A feud with the Undertaker would wrap up a few lose ends from earlier in the year when Nexus attacked Undertaker. Not sure who else they could have lined up for Undertaker and Barrett would be a great fit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It is too soon for Barrett to turn face, but on the other hand I think the timing is right for him to leave NEXUS, I don't think there is much more he can do there, also with Punk as the new leader it does open up new possibities.

I don't want to see Barrett against Taker, but only because the matches are likely to suck! It would make an intresting feud however.