Rey working hurt & handpicks Cody to feud with

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kylie

Reaction score
All I need is for them to have 12-15 minutes

Do you honestly believe they will give them that amount of time?

I like the idea of having those two feud leading into Mania. Could provide a few good matches on Smackdown too.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
To me it depends on if they will actually have MITB and the length of Taker's match. I don't see a lot of matches getting big time this year because of a lack of veteran star power and the fact that Trips and Taker still aren't back.

Kylie

Reaction score
Fair point. If Taker's still not 100% by Mania then I don't expect him to have a long match. But as much as I'd love to see it, I just don't see Rey/Cody being given that kind of time.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
It was reported Sunday that Rey Mysterio is working through an injury to his rotator cuff. He suffered the injury while working the SmackDown brand's most recent tour overseas. Doctors advised him not to fly due to an inner ear infection he was suffering from at the time but company officials asked him to work the tour anyway, assuring him that wouldn't have to work any matches. However, he was asked to wrestle while on tour, and complied, only to suffer an injury to his rotator cuff. There was much acrimony over the circumstances that led to the injury, to the point that creative had no ideas for him when his feud with Alberto Del Rio conclude.

Company officials tried make things up to Mysterio by allowing him to handpick his next opponent, which turned out to be "Dashing" Cody Rhodes. Current plans call for the storyline to continue through WrestleMania, with a likely encounter between the two.

Due to the injury, officials are limiting his in-ring work at television and pay-per-view events, as well as house shows. He's contained in tag matches when he does work non-televised events. Mysterio is said to be hopeful that he can avoid surgery through rehabilitation.

I'd be pretty angry if I was Rey. Glad they are trying to make it up to him though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well that explains why the Del Rio/Rey feud went to a great start to just being a baseless feud.

SAL

Reaction score
There was much acrimony over the circumstances that led to the injury, to the point that creative had no ideas for him when his feud with Alberto Del Rio conclude.

What does this even mean? "People were so angry that they turned stupid?"