Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Post what movie you last saw whether it be on DVD, on tv, at the cinemas whatever, write a brief summary about the film and then give it a rating out of ten.

I will start this off with the Bourne trilogy which I rewatched the other night.

The Bourne Identity

This is the start of the Bourne film trilogy (so far) based on the set of novels by Robert Ludlum. I am a huge fan of Damon and he was perfectly cast for this role as a government assasin. The directing style of this film is a refreshing change from most action films since it is much more realistic. Excellent storyline, with Bourne starting the film nearly dead and trying to find out who he really is throughout the film. The film builds really well with Bourne gradually finding out who he was and what is happening with the audience also being filled in on the department side of things. Fantastic film that left everything open for the eventual sequel that everyone knew was going to be filmed.

Rating: 9/10

The Bourne Supremacy

Starts with Bourne being framed for a crime that he didn't commit and people are sent to kill him. In the ensuing chase his girlfriend Marie, from the first movie, is killed and Bourne decides to seek revenge. One of his former bosses was stealing millions and Bourne plans on exposing him and clearing his own name. My favourite part in this film is when, Bourne calls Landy whilst watching through a sniper scope atop another building and asks to speak with Nicky(played by Julia Stiles). Landy says that she isn't there and then Bourne says that she is standing right next to her, causing panic in the room, love that moment. Another similar moment finishes the film with Bourne telling Landy that she looks tired when he is talking to her on the phone. Overall I think that this was as good as the first one which is rare for a sequel to live up to the original.

Rating: 9/10

The Bourne Ultimatum

The start to this movie was a bit odd for me, with a journalist contacting Bourne and trying to talk to him about Treadstone. Another Operation was created to eliminate threats and they now see Bourne as a threat and hunt him down. Nicky Parsons (Julia Stiles) is again in this film and the connection between her and Bourne continues to develop, I like how it has naturally developed overly the three films, it wasn't rushed which is nice. Bourne ends up finding the doctor who was part of Treadstone and was in charge of brainwashing him and getting him ready. With him he remembers that he volunteered for the program and Bourne says that he is no longer Jason Bourne. Operation Blackbrair chase him down and on top of that building he is shot by another operative and falls into the see. The operation is lead to believe that he is dead but for the final scene we seem Bourne's lifeless body move and swim away leaving everything open for another film. Overall, not as good as the first two, the story let it down although it needed to be done to wrap everything up.

Rating: 7/10

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
First Blood was on tv the other day so I decided to watch the first three again since I have them on DVD.

First Blood

Excellent movie that really played to Stallone's strengths, he was an excellent fit for the character and played the role exceptionally well. This film had a very strong story, more so than the other films, it was also a logical story that no doubt did occur. Rambo comes back from the Vietnam war and as a soldier is shunned by the community because they disagreed with the war. He ends up being arrested for being a vagrant a tramp and ends up escaping from the prison because it brings back horrible memories of torture in Vietnam. He flees and heads to the woods and is able to evade those trying to find him because of his special forces training. He then heads back into town to get his revenge on those and attacks the police station. In the end his old Colonel talks to him and tells him he has no chance of escaping alive. Stallone then goes into a very heartfelt speech about how in America he is now a villai rather than a hero, it is excellent although admittedly some of it is hard to understand. Great finish with Rambo turning himself in to Colonel Trautman and the film ends with those two walking out of the police station. Excellent action film that actually had a good story.

Rating: 8/10

Rambo: First Blood Part II

Once again this is an action film that actually has a good storyline to go along with the big action sequences. This time Rambo is given the option to be released from prison and have full clemency if he goes on a mission into Vietnam to try to find missing POWs. He goes in and ends up finding them, bringing one back to a meeting point when he was just supposed to take photos. The helicopter is about to pick them up when Marshall Murdock aborts the mission after hearing Rambo found someone. Rambo is captured and taking to the prison where he is tortured by Russians and Vietnamese. It turns out Murdock is part of a cover-up that wants to hide the fact there are still POWs. Rambo breaks out of the prison thanks to his guide Co-Bao who returns and helps him escape. Co-Bao is killed and Stallone then goes into Rambo mode, devastated that she was killed he kits up and turns into the ultimate killing machince again. He kills many soliders and destroys the POW camp. He steals a helicopter and rescues all the POWs whilst killing all the enemies. Once he returns to base he goes to kill Murdock but is again stopped by Trautman and Rambo delivers the memorable lines, "he only wants his country to love its soldiers as much as its soldiers love it." Then as Rambo leaves, Trautman asks him, "How will you live, John?" To which Rambo replies, "Day by day." Epic final line and the last images are watching him walk away into the distance. Just as good as the original in my view.

Rating: 8/10

Rambo III

This was a big disappointment compared to the previous two movies for me, I just couldn't get into it. Rambo goes on another mission this time to Afghanistan to help deliver weapons to the rebels to fight against the Soviets. Trautman is kidnapped during this film and Rambo goes to rescue him which he suceeds in doing of course. He then leads the Afghans in an assault on the Soviets which they win. Both are injured in the battle but survive and finish the movie with some more quotes "This film is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan." and "I am like a bullet, filled with lead and made to kill". The quotes aren't as strong as those from the previous film and overall this is a weak film. The story is poor and it is just an action film rather than being a combination of action film with a strong story. Easily the weakest of the three.

Rating: 5/10

I haven't seen Rambo the 2008 film yet but after just seeing that Julie Benz is in it I need to rent it. Is the fourth film any good?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Green Zone

I saw this on the flight from Adelaide to Singapore. The film is about an army officer Roy Miller played by Matt Damon, who starts to get angry about bad information about WMD's in Iraq. It is a film about the Iraqi war and trying to send a message saying that there was no real reason to invade if there were no WMD's and that the invasion is a lie. OVerall it was an okay film at best and nowhere near what Damon can do, the topic doesn't interest me and so that doesn't help.

Rating: 4/10

JKdog

Reaction score
Well...this is gonna be a hard one for me to remember.. but I think that it was the Hangover. What a film. I've only ever known one person who has watched it who did not like it, and that was my mum, who doesn't have a sense of humour anyway. The film is just fantastic. We start off with a group of guys telling a bride that her wedding won't be happening...then we go back two days and watch the whole 'classic'story unfold. From the epic trip to Vegas, to the wolfpac quote, all the way to the chinese guy kicking ass AND black doug making an appearance. The whole film is great and it was not what I expected at first. Why? Because I expected to actually see what happened during the night, but no, they twisted it, and I think it was brilliant.

P.S, Alan is a legend.

9/10

Dademo

Reaction score
Inception

Movie wasn't the best of all time, but was awesome. There was action, and the story was really interesting. It had me entertained the entire time, and I was always trying to pay attention because I heard it was hard to understand. For me it wasn't. As long as you pay attention it's easy to understand, and as long as you listen to the dialogue.

Rating: 8.5/10

OJR

Reaction score
Last time I saw a movie was last night, and it was 'Jackie Brown'. I'm sure that quite a lot of you have seen it, but for those who haven't, then you probably should. It's a good movie (like pretty much everything by Tarrantino), and stars Roberto DeNiro, Samuel L Jackon and Hiro and Nathan's Dad from Heroes. Max Cherry's a cool guy, and the twist at the end's pretty awesome. I personally preffered 'Pulp Fiction' (the best movie EVER!!!), but I'm still glad that I watched 'Jackie Brown'. In conclusion I'd give it an 8/10

OJR out.

Dademo

Reaction score
Kick-Ass

This movie was pretty entertaining and surprising. I didn't expect there to be so much blood/cursing/sex. It was funny at some parts and was an overall great film.

7/10

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

I never actually saw this when it was in the cinemas but picked it up on DVD. I had previously read the book a few years back and so I already knew what the plot for the movie was. The film took some leeway with the plot, as did the book which was non-fiction but including some fiction parts, and it clearly isn't a true story but adapted from a true story. The story is a really good one in my view, young intellect who can't afford to pay for college joins a card counting team and makes huge amounts of money from it. Jim Sturgess played the role of Ben Campbell really well, the shy kid who doesn't really know what to do at first but really gets into the role of a gambler later. Kevin Spacey is great as always and Kate Bosworth is hot. Overall a good story which really doesn't stick to the book but by jazzing it up it turns into a solid film.

6/10

Ben

Reaction score
Rate/Summarize The Last Movie You Saw

The Expendables- 8/10

If you like action movies, def check this out. All star cast, tons of action, and they kept it short, so it doesn't drag out.

Reid

Reaction score
Re: Rate/Summarize The Last Movie You Saw

Gladiator

I hadn't watched this in a while, and since i got a new tv i decided to check it out. still a damn good movie, great preformances all around, great battle scenes, great movie.9/10

Ben

Reaction score

Inception-10/10

Finally saw this movie, cause I got it on Blu Ray today for Christmas. Thought it was pretty great, had a lot of people tell me it was really confusing, but once it gets going everything is explained pretty well.

King Kenny

Reaction score

Friday after next

5.5/10

Travis Bickle

Reaction score

Social Network - 9/10 - Clever film, great pacing. Very convincing, character driven narrative and some interesting themes explored including the corrupt nature of power and the contrast between the online world and real life interactivity. Really want to watch it again.

Ben

Reaction score

Hot Tub Time Machine- 8/10

Don't know his name but the black guy from the office is funny as hell, good movie even though going into it I thought it would be stupid, some good laughs.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar

After watching A Serious Man, The Big Lebowski and No Country For Old Men I decided to watch this as I had wanted to watch all the Coen brothers films. It's about a salesman who decides to kidnap his own wife to demand a ransom from his father in law. The kidnappers leave a trail of destruction and things build up from there. 8/10.

This must be the third or fourth time I'm watching this. Great fuckin' movie, the movie starts off with an accident and a mysterious woman staggering into an empty house, she doesn't remember who she is and she seeks the help of the main protagonist and things get more and more twisted from there on, very surreal to say the least. There is a thin line between dreams and reality here. This is one of those movies that never gets old for me. Great music by Angelo Badalamenti and top notch performances by all the actors. Some people may get annoyed that there isn't much resolution of anything at the end but it's worth watching just for the performances and top notch quality of the film alone. 9/10