Toni Braxton Considering Playboy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
source:

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/01/toni-braxton-considers-playboy-offer/#more-28191

toni-playboy.jpg

"
For yours truly, Ms. Braxton has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Current label issues and the effects of previous label drama (see: Blackground) has somewhat left her between a rock and a hard place professionally – and ultimately financially. (For those who remember, she came out worse for wear in her court-showdown with Blackground two years ago).

Therefore, so long as she’s not pimping her dignity (or ‘Susie’ as she said), Playboy may not actually be such a bad route at this point. One can only hope Ms. Braxton follows swiftly with an album or musical project of sorts thereafter. For, in an ideal world, an artist as talented and capable as she still is, should not have to resort to such measures to garner public interest. Of course, the reality of the industry and the politics within, mean that unfortunately is the case. Hence, it’s simply a matter of taking the card’s you’ve been dealt and playing the game until you win.

It’ll be interesting to see how this unfolds…
"

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The woman in your sig should be the one doing this :side: Toni looks fine for her age and all but don't have that much interest in seeing her in playboy.

The Flash

Reaction score
The woman in your sig should be the one doing this :side: Toni looks fine for her age and all but don't have that much interest in seeing her in playboy.

I agree 100% on this :D

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I mean girl has damn near been naked anyways so mine as well go all the way with it *shrugs*

Kairi

Reaction score
Toni Braxton: “I’m Considering Retiring”

It’s been a difficult few years for Toni Braxton. Indeed, the last 18 months most especially have seen the singer’s profile characterised by divorce, bankruptcy, and so-so record sales.

While promoting her new reality show ‘Braxton Family Values’ on BET’s 106 & Park yesterday, the 43 year old revealed that she’s mulling over whether to leave the industry drama behind and focus on motherhood.

Kairi

Reaction score
Toni Braxton is thinking about doing business with the house that Hugh Hefner built. The R&B chanteuse is still considering an offer from Playboy to pose on the cover of the men’s magazine.

“They asked me. I was really flattered, and they’ve asked me a few times in the past,” the star of WE tv’s “Braxton Family Values” told Wendy Williams. “But one of the reasons I was more excited was because it was after I’d been sick, and I just didn’t feel sexy and I thought I’d lost my mojo. And when they asked me, I was like, ‘Oh, they think I’m sexy? My boobies hang down to here a little bit!’ I was really flattered.”

But she’s still on the fence about stripping down on account of her sons. “I haven’t decided. One of the reasons I’m hesitant is because of my boys. I don’t want their friends to come to school and say, ‘I saw your mommy’s boobies!’” she explained. “It wouldn’t be a full spread. Just a little T and A.”

And while the hostess made reference to a $100,000 offer from Playboy, Toni shot down rumors of the payout on her Twitter page, stating that she would only do it for an undisclosed amount or for charity. “Who started this rumor that I’d do Playboy for 100,000? No way! If I considered Playboy it would be for an undisclosed amount or for charity,” she wrote.

[youtube]J9LBdvDeU_k[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
So, is Toni gonna pose nude or not? That seems to be the lingering question after Toni<NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook0w2nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Braxton </NOBR>, star of Braxton Family Values, revealed to Wendy Williams that she was once again approached by Playboy to appear in their magazine.

“They asked me and I was really flattered, they’ve asked me a few times in the past but one of the reasons I was more excited was because after I was sick and I didn’t feel sexy and I thought I had lost my mojo, and when they asked me, I’m like, ‘Do they still think I’m sexy? My boobies hang down to here a little bit.’ So I was really flattered…I haven’t decided. I have until June. One of the reasons I’m hesitant is because of my boys. I don’t want their friends to come up to them at school and say, ‘I saw your mommy’s boobies.’ You know? It wouldn’t be a full spread.”</BLOCKQUOTE< p itxtHarvested="1" itxtNodeId="75"> SOHH caught up with singers Keri<NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook1w2nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Hilson </NOBR>, Lloyd, and Love & Hip Hop‘s Olivia to get their opinions on Toni’s possible Playboy future.
Keri Hilson: “More power to anyone who chooses to do that but I don’t see that in my future, whatsoever. I just don’t. I am doing something for Allure Magazine which is for skin cancer so I’m partially nude and I think that’s as far as I go. It’s using my celebrity for a great cause. It’s for an issue, being breast cancer. She’s got a great body and it’s a personal decision. I don’t think it’ll affect her music. Playboy is not looked at as it once was. More power to her. She’s grown and more power to Toni Braxton is that’s what she decides to do.”

Olivia: “To each’s own, everybody doesn’t like the same thing. Everybody should do what they want. If she still looks good and wants to do it, I say go for it. But me personally? I wouldn’t do that, period. At any age.”

Lloyd: “Wow, that’s interesting. My question is, can I take the picture? [laughs] Come on, man. [laughs] She’s grown, she can do what she wants to do.”
Wendy Williams told Toni straight up on the show, “Don’t do it! You’ve come to far to have to do that. We already know you have a great body and $100,000 is bubble gum money compared to what the IRS wants [from you]“.

Kairi

Reaction score
With the new series, Braxton Family Values, singer Toni Braxton is opening up a part of her life to the world that she has usually kept more private. Though, it is widely known that she is a divorced mom raising an autistic son, there have been past reports of numerous bankruptcies due to her previously failing health. Toni took some time out of her schedule to talk with BlackEnterprise.com about the truth behind those reports, why she decided now was the time to speak out, and her thoughts on her family being labeled “The Black Kardashians.”
On Why She Decided To Do Reality TV
It’s important because I never have. I was reluctant to have folks in my space because it’s invasive; but my sister Tamar said, ‘if you don’t tell your story, you are gonna be upset when someone else tells it and it’s wrong.’ She said, ‘your kids need to know the truth from you.’ So I’m using this as a format.

On Being Labeled “The Black Kardashians”
At first I was flattered because The Kardashians have a successful show (although The Osbornes were the real pioneers of family reality TV). But the only similarity between us and them is that we’re family and we’re women. The difference is that we’re preacher’s kids and a family of singers.

On Not Being Able to Talk About Her First Bankruptcy
No I couldn’t [talk about it] because I had a 10-year gag order. After TLC talked publicly about their bankruptcy [the label prohibited] other LaFace artists to talk, but now I can. I sold more than 40 million records, yet my royalties were less than $2000 dollars. People don’t understand that this issue went all the way to Congress about bankruptcy. All contracts are null and void except for a recording artist. Can you believe it? But the industry has changed now.

On Her Health Condition
A lot of people don’t understand what lupus is. I have discoid lupus, the kind that affects your organs. I tell people that if you miss that window for early diagnosis, it can be difficult to diagnose and result in heart disease or attack, which was my case when I developed pericarditis [inflammation of the fibrous sac around the heart]. My body was in a flare of the lupus, which caused my heart condition. I had just signed my contract when I was diagnosed and was forced to cancel my Vegas show because my doctor said it would take a good year before I was in any shape to get through an hour and a half performance. I was planning a tour and I had to get out of all of those contracts. Because I tied my money to brokering the [Vegas] deal, I was forced to file for a business bankruptcy to protect myself against people and vendors suing me. It was not because I was overspending or anything I did personally with my finances.

On If She’ll Have to Take Medication for the Rest of Her Life
Yes, chronic medication. When you see me looking chunky, it’s because of the steroid injections I receive which make me to appear bloated.

On Her Autistic Son, Diezel
Great. He’s talking–something I didn’t know he’d ever do. I’m just grateful and blessed because he’s wonderful. In the end, my family is everything to me.

Kairi

Reaction score
Toni Braxton - Braxton Not Looking To Divorce

21 April 2011

Singer Toni Braxton has no plans to legally end her marriage to estranged husband Keri Lewis, because she can't bear to break the news to the couple's two young sons.

The star split from Lewis, a former member of R&B band Mint Condition, in late 2009 but the pair has remained close for the sake of their boys Denim, nine, and Diezel, eight.

And Braxton admits she can't see herself filing for divorce to finalise their split for fear of upsetting her children.

She tells Sister 2 Sister magazine, "We co-parent together. Sometimes he stays over with the kids; he's very involved with his kids... April would have been 10 years (since we wed). We're, like, the best of friends.

"We told the kids, 'Sometimes mummy and daddy need a little break.' That's probably why I haven't done a straight divorce yet."

Kairi

Reaction score
Rumor: Toni Braxton is receiving death threats!!!

The beautiful singer turned “Reality Star” Toni Braxton’s life may be in danger. One of the promoter’s of her upcoming show in Trinidad has asked Toni to pull out of her Mother’s Day show because of threats made against his life. My new homie Tamar explained to me that Toni not only fears for her life, but also she doesn’t want to be mixed up in the cross fire between the promoters.

The singer who has made headlines for financial trouble makes most of her money from performing out of the country. Toni is so in fear that she has pulled out of the show and forfeited her check. While talking to Tamar I could hear Toni saying “I have kids, I don’t play that.” Right now Toni can be seen on her reality show Braxton Family Values on WE TV.

Kairi

Reaction score
NEW YORK, May 10, 2011 – WE tv, the network devoted to showcasing and celebrating women and the relationships that define them, unveiled a robust slate of brand-defining programming today.

The 2011/2012 slate includes a second season renewal of the network’s popular original series, Braxton Family Values, starring singer/songwriter Toni Braxton and her four sisters – Tamar, Trina, Towanda and Traci – as they navigate the drama created by the relationships among them. Recently called “… guilty-pleasure gold” by Entertainment Weekly, the series is produced for WE tv by Magical Elves and will return with 13 all-new, one-hour episodes in 2012.

Rounding out WE tv’s schedule, the network also announced three brand new original series:
Amsale Girls profiles the personalities of the consultants and brides at the popular NYC bridal salon, Amsale; Texas Multi Mamas looks at the inner workings of modern families with multiple children; and The Willis Clan goes inside a family grooming their 12 children into extraordinary savants.

“Braxton Family Values has struck a chord with our audiences – it’s one of our most popular shows ever,” said Kim Martin, President & General Manager, WE tv. “The series embodies the essence of WE tv’s brand – Life As WE Know It – as a women’s destination providing relatable, unfiltered stories about the real and dramatic moments that define modern family life.

In the words of the infamous Tamar herself….Congratz.ne t

Kairi

Reaction score
If you guys watched last week’s episode of ‘Braxton Family Values’ then you know that Toni Braxton told her family she had finally made up her mind and was indeed going to pose nude for Playboy.
According to Toni, Hugh Hefner personally has asked her to pose three times in the past, but each time she turned him down.
So what has changed now? According to Toni, just her confidence level. In a recent interview the 44 year old singer dismissed rumors that she was posing for money to alleviate her financial problems.
Reportedly in debt to the tune of 10 million dollars, Toni says whatever Playboy would pay would have little to no effect on her bankruptcy proceedings or the money she owes creditors.
So when will Toni’s pictorial make its way to the masses? Probably during the fall when her reality series returns for a second season and her rumored 8th CD is scheduled to be released.

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shot: Braxton Sisters Strip Off For VIBE

The Braxton sisters (sans Toni), pose it up for VIBE’s latest Summer of Celebs In Swimwear feature. The 30-somethings collectively show that while some age like milk, they’ve aged like the finest of wines.
Trina, Tamar, Traci, and Towanda are gearing up for the filming of season 2 of their hit WeTV reality series Braxton Family Values.