NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAL

Reaction score
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

Coaches pick 7 reserves. Stern selects any injury replacement. Pop names starter after Stern decides.

Sorry, I was confused by what BRANDUNDUNDUNDUN wrote.

Baller

Reaction score

Cool Story

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Record should not matter. it is an individual accomplishment not a team award. Yes his defense does suck I cant argue that.
Record matters in the West.

Monta Ellis, Zach Randolph in Portland, and Al Jefferson would have been all stars based on numbers since they all put up some good ones over the years as the main guy on their team and had a better record, still losing but better than Love's team.

SAL

Reaction score

Record matters in the West.

Monta Ellis, Zach Randolph in Portland, and Al Jefferson would have been all stars based on numbers since they all put up some good ones over the years as the main guy on their team and had a better record, still losing but better than Love's team.

I hope you're just stating the way it is (which is dumb) and not the way you think it should be (which means I have to yell at you again).

Baller

Reaction score

All Star is for individual accomplishment, not team.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I hope you're just stating the way it is (which is dumb) and not the way you think it should be (which means I have to yell at you again).
It is the way it is. No player on the worst team in their conference has been selected (not fan vote) outside of Big Z in the last decade because of the C spot needing a reserve in the East, out west you have Pau and Duncan to pencil in there.

I have a hard time telling guys who help their teams win and sacrifice their stats to do so do not deserve a spot over a guy who gets to pad his somewhat and not help a team at least play close to .500 ball.

You honestly can't tell me Love deserves it over Duncan who is the reason the Spurs are a good defensive team, over Dirk, over Pau or Lamar who both are better defenders and double double guys while winning, over Aldridge who carries Portland, or over Z-bo/Blake who both while on a losing team have damn good numbers and are winning more. If Love was in the east name him an all star, but out west there are guys who are putting up numbers while helping their teams win and are better defensively.

SAL

Reaction score

Everyone you mentioned deserves it over Kevin Love. Except for Odom.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Everyone you mentioned deserves it over Kevin Love. Except for Odom.
Odom averages 16 and 10, is in the top five for field goal percentage for the league, shoots 38% from three, has a better defensive rating at PF than Dirk/Pau/Z-bo/Blake/Aldridge/Love, has multiple double doubles, and has more consistent numbers for the season than any Laker. They don't change starting or off the bench drastically. LA didn't struggle because of him being bad at starting PF, they struggled because of Pau being progressively bad at C on both ends, and even Pau's numbers at his natural spot of 17ppg and 10rpg with a worse defensive rating and worse efficiency than Lamar doesn't make him in any way more deserving than Lamar Odom this year.

SAL

Reaction score

God that was the easiest troll of all time.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

If you made an argument for Pau not making it over Lamar I would have accepted that, but this is by far Odom's best year and he is playing like one of the best PFs in the league right now.

SAL

Reaction score

And no, I'm not going to reply, because I didn't mean it. I do things like this to my 6 year old cousin...well I don't anymore, because he figured me out eventually. You'll catch on soon, I'm sure.

TROLLING. IT'S CALLED TROLLING.

Baller

Reaction score

Heat at the garden = LBJ putting on a show. As Bart Scott would say " Can't wait" Mike Miller will go off tonight as well.

And we've only just begun

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt