Eric Bischoff Addresses Creative Changes, Hulk Hogan Returning To The Ring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Eric Bischoff appeared on Monday Night Mayhem, which airs every Monday night at 7:00 p.m. via MondayNightMayhem.com. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

His reaction to Bruce Prichard replacing Vince Russo as the new head writer for the TNA creative team: “A lot has been written about that recently, and a lot has been written with a lack of full disclosure or full knowledge. I think the change that people are reading about probably represents more of a change in process than anything else. Vince Russo is still a vital part of the creative team in TNA and is a very talented, hard-working, and committed individual. Bruce Prichard is as well. I think what we’re doing is fine-tuning a process, as opposed to fine-tuning or changing authority and control.”

Why he is not worried about Hulk Hogan’s decision to step back into the ring one more time and why he is “very confident” in the way that things will turn out when “The Hulkster” collides with Sting this Sunday night at Bound for Glory: “If I thought for a second that Hulk wasn’t capable and able to get into that ring safely, convincingly, and in a way to entertain the audience and in a way to protect his health, I would the first person that would step in front of it all and say no. But I don’t feel that way. I’m very confident that things are going to turn out great. I’m very confident in Hulk’s ability to do what he feels he needs to do to produce the match and a fight in the way that he wants to.”

The experience of sharing Bobby Roode’s story with the world in his quest to become the TNA World Heavyweight Champion at Bound for Glory: “It’s been a real joy to watch Bobby Roode come from way behind in the Bound for Glory Series. He was somebody so far behind that nobody thought that he had a chance, and then to emerge as the winner, and to watch Bobby Roode’s story evolve to the point where we watch him week after week come from behind, and then emerge as a front-runner. I think it’s a story people can relate to. I think Bobby has done a phenomenal job both in the ring and outside of the ring helping make that story relatable and something the audience can relate to.”

His opinion of the X-Division’s progression and overall growth/expansion since Destination X: “We’re getting there. It’s a work in progress. I’m very happy with it, but I think there’s a lot of things we can do to enhance and improve on the presentation of the X-Division and really make it even more special than it already may be to some people. I would say on a scale of 1-10, we’re at a 4, and I hope to be at an 8 or a 9 in the next three to four months.”