NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

I don't really agree with the whole if you're on a losing team it takes you out of it. Being on a bad team doesn't automatically mean someone is gonna have all star numbers because Cleveland is the perfect example of that. Last I checked making the all star team wasn't a team accomplishment.
Too bad western coaches disagree with you and have disagreed for over a decade.

As for Cleveland, check Jamison's raw numbers and compare them to the other eastern forwards, they are similar ever since he got over that knee injury and has started.

If you went by the numbers alone over actual impact to winning, Manu wouldn't even be there over Monta.

Baller

Reaction score

Yes Jamison's numbers are similar, but Love's numbers are BETTER. He belongs there, and I'm tired of the "that's how the western coaches always do it", I don't give a fuck about how they do it, Kevin Love got snubbed, Pau Gasol belonged nowhere near the game, and either did LO. Love should've been there.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Yeah but that doesn't mean I think he should be in it cause there are better players. And I know how it is what I'm saying is I don't agree with it. It's meant to be a fun and exciting game, not about these are the guys who are possibly gonna win a title.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

When Orlando's wing players just get decimated over and over and over again, I can't help but see Dwight's MVP stock just go through the roof. I really think he's my pick this year.

Yeah, Orlando would likely be in the bottom 5 of the NBA without him. I am legitimately worried about him leaving in a couple years, because it's clear Orlando won't accomplish anything in that time.

Wade just got THE ELBOW.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Hell Odom bitched him in the one game Phil actually let him guard him in Minny. He shut him down, killed him on the glass, and schooled him on offense. Pau let the boy get 20 and 20 in LA but Love also gave Pau and Lamar basically a free pass on the basket. The guy plays no defense which is really and truly why his team sucks like they do. Pau, Zach, Aldridge, and Dirk really don't play that much D but they are Rodman compared to Love. They are comparably efficent on offense as well to go with the defensive gap, that more than offsets the rebounding edge he has on them. Then it comes back to winning. How do you put the guy on the worst team in the conference over better two way players, who are equally if not more efficient and helping their teams win games out west at the same position?

Aldridge ~ carries Portland without Roy and Oden
Randolph ~ carried Memphis and picked up Marc's slack
Odom ~ more efficient, better defender, double double guy, and is on the third best team in the league
Gasol ~ shouldn't be there and I'm not arguing for him being put there this year unless if their justification is that he is a C
Griffin ~ double double machine, helped the team win more games, plays better defensively, and has Shaq like rookie numbers
Duncan ~ better two way player, defensive anchor on the best team in the league, and he is still the guy who gets doubled in San Antonio so it isn't like he can't put up the numbers

Make a legit argument to make an exception for Love while telling one of those guys you don' belong even though the numbers are comparable and our coaches have let the process as to how they make their selection be known, Mike Miller.

SAL

Reaction score

Oh yes, the ELBOW. I still hate that asshole. Has my MVP vote though!

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Well, there's a strong possibility that he could be in Boston in a couple years.

SAL

Reaction score

More likely that Psych will be frontrunning, I mean rooting, for him.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

He does tend to copy Shaq :)

Baller

Reaction score

I will get to my argument in a little, but forget about the whole coaches thing. We are talking about our opinion of who is an all star not the fucking coaches.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

Does the thought of Dwight, Rondo & Pierce on the same team not sound tantalizing to you?

@ Sal

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I will get to my argument in a little, but forget about the whole coaches thing. We are talking about our opinion of who is an all star not the fucking coaches.
We are talking about who the western coaches should select to represent their conference as all stars.

I forgot to say that even Scola's punk ass has an argument

SAL

Reaction score

Does the thought of Dwight, Rondo & Pierce on the same team not sound tantalizing to you?

@ Sal

Uh well NO SHIT it does. Hell, take Pierce out of the equation and I still have a boner.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Ray could play 3 more years with that core

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score

I only said Pierce because he and Rondo are the only ones under contract through 2012 or whenever Dwight's is up.