RAW Guest Host Concept Finished

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
PWInsider.com is reporting that the Raw guest host concept appears to be finished in WWE. The concept lasted over a year and a half, but the guest star section of WWE.com has been removed.

Finally they have finished with this failed experiment. A few of them worked well but most didn't know the product and looked so out of place in WWE. I don't mind the occasional star shown backstage but every week was just overkill.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah, the standed as a whole was pretty dire, and just having someone different who supposedly were making matches each week, got in the way too much.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I never knew why they gave the Guest Hosts that much power. Why not just have them host the night rather than making the matches for the show. At least now with the Annonymous GM there is a regular authority figure on the show.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It was ok to have guests, but when you started doing some SNL shit for jerkoffs who are not even fans, then it becomes a problem. Guest host concept was flawed from the start, and was always a bad idea, god forbid Vince would think people tune in to watch wrestling.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
KILLER POST deezy! I can only nod in complete agreement.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I am so glad the guest host concept has gone from RAW. There was only a few who really interested me and most of them just either battered a star or got battered by a star. Best guest host has to go the osburnes though and worst to ben roswillburga or whatever he was called for creating The Miz is awful chant.