King of the Ring Returning

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The WWE website announced that the three-hour Monday Night Raw event taking place on November 29, 2010 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania will feature the return of the King of the Ring tournament.

The synopsis reads: “In a single evening, one man will become a legend as the King of the Ring Tournament returns for the first time in over 2 years live from Philadelphia. On a special 3-Hour Raw Event Superstars from Raw and SmackDown will battle for the honor to be crowned King of all WWE and royally solidify their spot in sports-entertainment history.â€￾

I used to really like the KOTR PPV and KOTR 2000 remains one of my favourite PPV's of all time. I wish that this was back as a PPV again rather than being used on a three hour episode of RAW. They could have had qualifying matches on RAW and Smackdown and then left the semi-finals and final for the actual PPV.

It is such a great gimmick and can make someone big just by winning the title. Not so much anymore but it can still be helpful in getting someone over.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I am so glad it's back. But didn't Regal win it and never cash it in? Suggests to me he could someway make a return to the main roster and have a short run possibly with Barett and Nexus, seeing as they are both English. Who I'd loke to win this one? Del Rio!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Does the winner get a title shot? I am not sure if that happens anymore and think that they just get the title of KOTR.

Hopefully WWE announce the brackets for the night on wwe.com before the night or at least announce who will be participating in the tournament. Alberto Del Rio is a great choice. I could see someone like Drew McIntyre or Cody Rhodes winning it as well giving them a big push in the singles direction again. From RAW Ezekiel Jackson would be my first pick followed by John Morrison.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I always liked the KOTR concept and tournaments in general. I also think Lesnar is the only one who got a title shot from winning, no one else was guaranteed one although many (Mabel, Angle, Booker) got them quickly

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I echo Troy's first post. KOTR was massive when Bret Hart won it in 93, and the show closing angle with Lawler was excellent. And look what it did for the likes of Owen Hart, Stone Cold and Booker T. WWE devalued it after a few years by screwing with the format too much, and after awhile became just another Pay Per View. If they bought it back as a super show and pushed it the way they did from 93-97 then it would have a shot, other wise I don't think people would take it serious.