Keri Hilson To Rock Wrestlemania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
Avs Defeat Red Wings

DETROIT (AP) -Scoring goals isn't usually Brad Richardson's biggest contribution, but he got a big one on Sunday.

His effort 2:41 into overtime lifted the Colorado Avalanche past the Red Wings 4-3, the team's second win in their last 10 against Detroit.

Milan Hejduk had a goal and an assist, and Tyler Arnason and Brett McLean also scored for Colorado. Paul Stastny had two assists, and Peter Budaj made 31 saves.

"I think over the last 5-10 games, he's playing his best hockey of the season," Quenneville said of Richardson. "He's got good speed ... He's useful on the wing and at center killing penalties. His production is a little bit of a bonus the way he can play. One of the reasons why he's got 10 (goals) is he has a real sneaky shot."

Kris Draper had two goals, and Valtteri Filppula also scored for the Red Wings. Mathieu Schneider added two assists, and Chris Osgood stopped 23 shots.

Richardson poked in his own rebound just over the goal line after taking a pass from Wojtek Wolski on a 2-on-1.

"I backhanded it as hard as I could, but he (Osgood) made a great save," said Richardson. "It was just laying there and I poked it and it squeaked under him."

Wolski had stolen the puck from Schneider at the Avalanche blue line.

The Red Wings outshot the Avalanche 18-5 in the third period, tying the score twice.

Draper's first goal of the game tied it at 2 early in the third period. His second made it 3-3 with 1:27 left in regulation.

"You can't just expect to play 20 or 25 minutes of a hockey game and win," Draper said. "And that's what we did tonight."

Meanwhile, Colorado was determined to play better than it did the last time the Avalanche visited Detroit. They were outshot 41-12 in a 4-1 loss on Feb. 7.

"The last game here was just horrible. I remember we had like 12 shots and they had almost 50," Hejduk said. "So not our best. We said we had to come out hard and definitely we gave a better effort than we did the last time here. We had a decent first period."

McLean gave the Avalanche a 3-2 lead 8:41 into the third period when he took a pass from Hejduk, broke in and put a backhand shot past Osgood.

Hejduk opened the scoring with 9:05 left in the second period when he tipped in a pass from Stastny for his 25th goal. Arnason made it 2-0 with his 15th goal. He beat Osgood from the inside edge of the left circle with 5:56 left in the middle period.

Filppula put Detroit on the board with 57 seconds left in the second when he beat Budaj from the bottom of the left circle.

"If we'd have been playing all night long, the game wouldn't have been left out there," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock.

Detroit's Tomas Holmstrom was awarded a penalty shot with 9 seconds left in the first period after being pulled down on a breakaway by Brett Clark. Holmstrom made a couple of moves and went to his backhand, but Budaj stopped him.

Notes: Colorado D Karlis Skrastins missed his fourth game with a knee injury. ... Detroit C Henrik Zetterberg missed his third game with a sore back and forward Dan Cleary missed his fourth contest with a knee injury. ... The missed penalty shot was the Red Wings' 10th straight. Their last goal on a penalty shot came in 1995-96 by Igor Larionov. ... Detroit D Chris Chelios became the third oldest (45 years and 38 days) to play in a NHL game. He passed Johnny Bower. Only Gordie Howe (52) and Moe Roberts (45 years, 11 months, and 25 days) were older. ... Stastny extended his points streak to 15 games (8-14-22).

circle

Reaction score
I saw this as a miracle, but the Avs are starting to win some games...maybe they can make a push for a playoff spot...maybe not

Reaction score
^^ No way. Edmonton and Colorado are out of the playoffs for certain, unless a miracle occurs. It is not that Colorado is playing well, it is simply because the Red Wings are in a slump right now. Not a big shocker to me.

Kairi

Reaction score
“Pretty Girl Rockâ€￾ singer Keri Hilson is ready to rock the stage at this year’s Wrestlemania event. Keri Will sing “America the Beautifulâ€￾ kicking off the event’s 27th year of existence. Hilson joins a renowned list of legendary artists that includes Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, Reba McIntyre, John Legend and Ashanti who have opened the annual pop-culture extravaganza.

Kairi

Reaction score
Keri Hilson, Akon Fight Against AIDS in H&M Campaign

keri-hilson-hm-1.jpg

akon-hm.jpg

keri-hilson-hm-2.jpg

Keri Hilson and Akon fix up and look sharp in H&M’s celebrity-driven collection for Fashion Against AIDS. The campaign, which also stars Selma Blair, Penn Badgley, Sky Ferreira, Nikki Reed, Ginnifer Goodwin, Scissor Sisters, Shiloh Fernandez, and The Misshapes, features each participant posing in the unisex line, of which 25% of all sales will be donated to the Designers Against AIDS charity. Miss Keri appears in a sexy slogan jumpsuit and fanny pack in her ad, while Akon rocks a gray hoodie and sleek vest.

The Konvict crooner explained that his involvement stems from his personal experience with those afflicted with the virus. “I’ve had a lot of friends who’ve been in the situation where their friends and family have been affected by HIV,” he said. “As I travel the world, I see how much HIV affects people. It’s not like we have a cure for HIV, we only have prevention. Make sure you are protected so that you don’t ever have to worry about it. Ever.”

Look out for the collection hitting H&M stores and online on April 26.