Nexus

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Nexus debuted as a collective group on RAW on June 7 of this year. It has been four and a half months and they have done a lot in that short space of time.

What are your opinions on the group so far? What do you expect to happen with them in the coming months? How long will Nexus last? What will happen with the Cena storyline? What is the reason behind Nexus attacking Undertaker at Bragging Rights that Nexus are keeping secret?

For me I have been impressed with how they have promoted the storyline especially in the past month or two. John Cena being added to the group was a masterstroke as it got the fans to cheer him stronger than anytime in the past year and it pushed Nexus right back into the mainevent. They have removed Darren Young, Tarver and Sheffield with the last two due to real injuries. But they have added not only Cena but Husky Harris and Michael McGillicuty two of the stand-outs from NXT Season 2.

RAW has been all about Nexus in recent weeks and the storylines has excelled very quickly. I liked the idea of Cena and Otunga winning the tag team titles for Nexus at Bragging Rights and I loved how Gabriel and Slater won the titles from them. Barrett forcing Otunga to lay down allowing Slater to pin him was genius and showed that they are a group and that it is all about Nexus. Barrett has been very impressive in the mainevent arena and having Cena as his lackey has been fantastic viewing.

I am intrigued by the secret reasoning for Nexus attacking Undertaker at Bragging Rights. Barrett really wanted to keep it secret and scolded Otunga when he threatened to tell the WWE Universe. Could it be that they made a deal with Kane so that they can unify the titles against each other? Was it under orders of the secret GM?

Coming up at Survivor Series I can see Nexus having their own five man team against RAW and Smackdown. They have the perfect number of members for that since Barrett and Cena are involved in the mainevent. With the mainevent the stipulation is that if Barrett wins the title Cena is free to leave Nexus and if Barrett loses Cena is fired. I would absolutely love if Cena cost Orton the match giving Cena the win and then deciding to side with Nexus by putting on a Nexus top.

With the way Nexus have been going in the past two weeks I can see this group sticking around until hopefully WM next year. They are just starting to take all the titles on RAW and they are the most interesting and original storyline I have seen in WWE for quite some time.

So What are your opinions on the group so far? What do you expect to happen with them in the coming months? How long will Nexus last? What will happen with the Cena storyline? What is the reason behind Nexus attacking Undertaker at Bragging Rights that Nexus are keeping secret?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well really Troy things are only just getting started for me. I liked the idea when it got kicked off in June, but then with the crushing defeat at Summerslam and with or except Wade Barrett hardly being used it all seemed to go down hill. But WWE did the right thing with Cena being upset by Wade at HITC, and it now seems like things are back on track. So lets just hope the best is to come.

My main conchern at the moment is that the whole John Cena acting Heelish thing, and his interaction with Orton might overshadow the group itself. But certainly things are back on the right track.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I couldn't understand it either when they lost the match at Summerslam especially the finish which made it all seem to easy for Cena. They have turned it around and put it back on track, they do need to keep pushing the group rather than just Barrett.

The John Cena situation may overshadow the group but I really think that they needed Cena simply to bring more attention to the group. They are now the focus of RAW with the Cena storyline. Hopefully they can build on Cena being in the group and even if Cena leaves the group they can remain key players on RAW each week.