CM Punk the Colour Commentator

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A few weeks back CM Punk joined the commentry on NXT for one episode and for most fans it was a success. Now, due to his injury causing him to be sidelined for a few months, he has been added as the third commentator on the RAW broadcast table.

What do you think about CM Punk as a commentator? Do you like a three man RAW commentry team? Would you have him in a different role whilst rehabbing his injury?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I see him very much like Raven when he was a commentator, being very laid back, and adding some witty one-liners, while playing a bit of a dork. So yes with Punk being injuryed, I can see this as being a good thing for him and the company, I can see him adding something different to pretty much any other WWE annoncer right now. However I think I would have him on Smackdown right now, as they need all the help they can get.

oobydooby

Reaction score
Would be a blessing if he were to replace Cole, as he seems to be very good with the sarcasm, something lacking in Cole.

Killz

Reaction score
3 man announce team? I'm not so sure it really works on a live show. They'll probably start to fall into place when he's finished rehabbing! Certainly there's no better role while he's out, I love that he's on TV and enjoy his combination of wit and knowledge of the game. It also puts him ringside all night so that they can start whatever programs they do so please for his return and it might make his in-ring return a little more emphatic if he just pops up from the table. I enjoy listening to him like I do Striker so it works for me.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Punk is terrific on commentary, really a blast to listen to. He's funny, witty, and really entertaining. He's just one of those guys that want to have a piece of the action, and it's terrific that he's got a spot on the commentary team.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Punk on commentary is good, he has done it before. But the 3 man team is hard to listen too, since it takes away from the matches.

This will only help Punk get over more with the audience.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing him carry on after he returns to the ring, that way he could hype his matches while on commentry.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
I think each month they should take a superstar who's well known but not given enough mic time to just sit around on their respective brand n do commentary so that way their it gives them a way to be able to connect to the wrestling fans watching at home etc etc.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They should use wrestlers on commentary for matches more often. Have them just call a match of someone else who is in their division or someone who they are feuding with. WWE do this occassionally but I would prefer to see it happen more often. Like you said RB it would allow the wrestler to connect to the fans at home more if they are given ten minutes to call a match and get their character over that way.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
As long as it is only once a month that could work quite well.