Time To Turn?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

XenForo-Test

Reaction score
The last major turn in the WWE was Randy Orton. However, WWE's product has become stale as of late. Do you think a major face/heel or heel/face turn would help matters and if so, who should turn and how (what storyline)?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The clear choice for me is John Cena and I had assumed that he was going to turn heel to continue the Nexus storyline but unfortunately that never happened. It would freshen up his character and give WWE so many more options when booking RAW.

Since that doesn't seem like it will ever happen I would like to see Edge turn back heel, as a face I find him bland and I prefer him as the Rated R superstar since he is more unique that way. He has already begun acting heelish by kidnapping Paul Bearer so they could work a double turn by making Edge heel and turning Kane face.

Some other turns that should be considered are John Morrison to heel, I have no idea why they thought he could be a good face, he did his best work by far as a heel and he needs to turn back. R-Truth to heel is something else I would want to see. I think that he could be a really intense heel and could easily get the fans to turn on him.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Well of course, John Cena will never turn. It'd be bad for business, and though it'd be creatively refreshing... after this storyline, they can't. they can never turn him, because of the uberness of his babyface role. It's just too far a face for it to make sense. I've never seen anything like it before, they pushed Cena to be the ultimate good guy, can do no wrong whatsoever.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Let's face it, Cena is the new hulk hogan. The only reason why they wont turn cena heel is cause he's the reason why WWE does good on a PG level. They turn him heel it'll be bad for biz. Seeing as Cena is a hero to the kids audience of WWE & being the face for WWE for make a wish foundation & other charities & would be really hard to turn Cena heel overnight. How ever if he were to take a year off n WWE didn't promote him or his name once so ever during his year off, They could bring him back as heel while having someone like CM Punk as a face. There for then it will only make sense & i think it would work. Another turn I would like to see is Alex Riley to shut the miz up & seek revenge & frustration on the miz & turning Alex face. Another good turn would to make ADR & 619 as a heel tag team & they need to push chris masters & him as a face seems boring n bland. When he was heel, he was a big house name. Turn him back to heel when he was in the spotlight.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True it would be incredibly difficult and risky to turn Cena but I think that if planned well it could have been just as big as when Hogan turned.

I like the idea of Alex Riley turning face. I can't see The Miz keeping him with him for much longer since he is champion so eventually they will need to get rid of Riley. Best way is to turn him face since it may get some fans on his side as most hate the miz. Masters as a heel is another good move. He works best as a heel and should be back to the I am better than you Masterpiece gimmick he previously had.

Mysterio turning heel and joining with ADR wouldn't be able to happen for a little bit since they have feuded so often lately but would be a great idea. I think that Mysterio would be able to play a great heel and would easily be able to turn an audience against him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The risk of turning Cena would be alienating all those Cena fans and possibly losing a large majority of the target audience.