Kurt Angle Mad

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Kurt Angle's latest comments

TNA star Kurt Angle appeared on Bubba the Love Sponge today on Sirius satellite radio. Jagger K sent along the following highlights:

- Kurt briefly promoted this Sunday's PPV.

- Kurt said that Scott Steiner could not kick his a** in a shoot fight and Steiner knows it.

- A long discussion of Kurt's amateur and collegiate wrestling background where all his achievements were discussed.

- Kurt’s brother Eric works for a lighting company. Kurt said he was shafted and misdiagnosed by the doctors regarding the care he received for his arm injury.

- Bubba asked Kurt about Hogan, Big Show andTest and said he talked to TNA about them as well as Brock and Goldberg. Angle noted Vince is ripe for the picking. He said Wrestlemania is all about Vince and Trump. Kurt said he is desperate. Kurt said, "I can't say" regarding Jericho coming in and "no comment" regarding Jericho signing a TNA contract. Kurt also said that he never "lies" to Bubba.

- Kurt said he was "Mr. Put Em Over" when it came to WWE and lost more than he won.

- More talk about TNA taking over the top spot from WWE soon

- Played a clip of Dana White (UFC) where he called Kurt "full of sh**" when discussing his involvement in UFC and the chance that he could kick ass in UFC. White called Kurt "busted up". Kurt said Dana is mad because Kurt turned down UFC in favor of TNA and Dana wanted him exclusively. Angle claimed hat TNA is now beginning to talk to UFC again about him coming in. Kurt said he is torn between TNA and shoot fighting and which he wants to do more.

- Kurt said Randy Couture would train him for anything in UFC

- They discussed Randy Couture's UFC fight. Kurt said he and Randy is a fight everyone wants to see. Angle said he cannot say if he would beat him, but Kurt said he is a better wrestler and discussed more amateur accolades & said he is a lot better wrestler then Randy.

- Kurt said Dana White told Angle he cannot be in TNA and UFC at the same time so that is why the deal fell through but said Dana said Kurt would draw the biggest buyrate ever in UFC.

- Bubba called Dixie a great businesswoman and asked if Dixie would give him time off to train for UFC, Kurt said she said yes and now its up to Dana/UFC to say yes.

Angle said that Pro EliteXC and IFL both made him offers. Kurt plugged both as stock investments and that both companies are competition to UFC & Dana should reconsider getting Kurt involved.

- More UFC discussion & who Kurt would fight in UFC. One of Bubba's crew (Spice) asked Kurt when something would ever happen regarding MMA because Kurt has been talking this way for months. Kurt said when the time is right and he learns more styles he would be ready. They discussed Kurt fighting Mirko CroCop and how Kurt would fight him.

- Bubba finally brought the conversation back to TNA and the Destination X PPV. Bubba asked what day the PPV was. Kurt said Sunday then told Bubba to talk to Dana about him coming into UFC and agreed to a live conference call between him & Dana on Bubba's show.

- Kurt said TNA is important to him but he really wants to fight and Dixie Carter knows that.

- More UFC discussion. Kurt mentioned he told Vince he wanted to fight shoot and Vince said OK, but Kurt broke his neck.

- Spice asked Kurt if he would leave TNA for UFC. Kurt said he cannot because he is "The franchise of TNA" and gave Dixie his word.

- Kurt mentioned he would be UFC's biggest draw and that he is more known than any UFC fighter.

- They discussed how Kurt doing both UFC/TNA would be great for both companies but the ball is in Dana's court

- Ended the interview with Bubba (not Kurt) plugging the TNA PPV by only mentioning Angle/Steiner then right back to discussing Kurt in UFC.

- Kurt spent over 90% of the time discussing UFC and not TNA or the PPV.

MeenSween18

Reaction score
it sounds to me like Kurt is getting too big for his own good... he's not content to be one of the biggest draws in TNA, he wants to move on to UFC too? selfish

Wrestling Station

He wants to do everything he can do as he is still in his good health and young. So going to UFC is another diminsion for him. Its kinda selfish as he should concentrate in what he is doing now in TNA!

King_Ash

Reaction score
Like I said ages ago, the real reason why he left WWE is to try new things, seems like hes bored with TNA cause they wont give him the belt and wants to get the belt by force. In my opinion he would get killed if he fought anyone in the UFC. Wouldnt the crowd roar if the ankle lick actually hurt and he beat someone with it??

Wont be long Kurt, TNA will fall... you will go to UFC, get your ass kicked and be kissing Vince's ass for your job back.

MachoSamoa

Reaction score
This happened to Jushin liger in Japan, A great amature wrestler, but spent his peak years in pro wrestling, liger did a few MMA matches later on in his carrear and got his head handed to him. Tha same will happen to Angle.

phantomgerald

yeah. wrestling and MMA are different and kurt should know that

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I would pay any amount of money to see Kurt get his ass whipped by any of the UFC fighters just to see what he would say after the match.

Reaction score
lol, i agree Osama... "that was a fluke, i ll break his freakin ankle if he tries that again" but i hope kurt does go onto ufc from tna, just sop that he can get his ass rocked by a real fighter... and learn that he has no place in a cage fight, and should stick to wrestling. ill tell you who would win between jurt angle and randy coutre, let alone any ufc fighter, kurt angle would get stomped

This Guy

I've said this a million times. Angle does know MMA is different, he knows he would probably lose. Angle is simply trying to put himself over as the greatest fighter in the world. He will NEVER compete in a MMA match, and not because of contract problems like he claims, but because he is just talk in this situation.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
TNA Wrestling performer Kurt Angle, a former WWE Champion, posted numerous messages on his Twitter account during WrestleMania XXVII criticizing Randy Orton, Jack Swagger, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler for using his trademark finishing maneuvers during their respective matches.

The tweets are as follows:

"To WWE wrestlers, Don't use my Finish. Get more Creative. Hmmmm- Orton. Did I say that."

"I heard Orton had an Awesome match though. Ur welcome. Lol."

"I guess Swagger will use my Ankle Lock as well.Very creative. I'm the Best in the World. You Guys will never be Kurt Angle.can I get an AMEN."

"Kurt Angle will never die. TNA. WWE. I'm a leader. Not follower."

"Why would WWE use my finishes? Is it because I won't go back? R Orton- Angle Slam. M Cole- Ankle Lock? They have some nerve."

"Jerry Lawlor did it too. But He is a Legend. WWE really stuck it to Me.No Love lost. I'm glad that I helped Your biggest Event of the Year:)"

Dumbass acts like he is the only wrestler to ever apply an Ankle Lock or deliver a High Elevated Side Suplex.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Orton has responed.

Everythings been done before as far as 'moves' go in the sports entertainment. I want to thank SCSA for the 'Thesz Press'.

Hilarious guy that Randal fellow.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Last I checked Kurt there was a guy named Ken Shamrock who was popular for the ankle lock before you used it in the same company so shut up. He is pretty damn let on top of that too since Swagger has been using it for months and months now.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Orton continuing to respond via twitter

And I know for a fact that SCSA got the 'Thesz Press' from Dutch Mantel.

Point being, instead of taking offense to someone using your move, consider it a sign of respect.

Smart guy that Orton. Reminds me of his father.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Orton won't let it go.

Btw does anyone know what Ken Shamrocks finish was? I believe Jack Swagger used ankle lock outta respect for Ken?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler