New AEW Board?

Davey Wrestling

PWF Prediction Champion [V2]
Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
With the amount of interest AEW is getting at the moment (which will probably continue beyond their TV debut towards the end of the year) - is there any chance of splitting them out of the indie board and giving them their own specific forum?

Also, I think NJPW probably deserves it's own board too (with the G1 coming up soon, I'm sure it could create some interest...)

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
Hmm unsure atm because it depends on how well it catches on. 1 show isn't something to take home.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
Speaking of which, I'm looking to re-organize the boards, in general.

WWE -
WWE Weekly
WWE PPVs
WWE General

Other Wrestling -
Independent & International
General Discussion
PWF Interactive

The Saloon -
Off-Topic
Rename Personal, Serious, Interests & Debates to "Serious"
Sports & Entertainment

The War Zone -
IWT
PWFFL

Davey Wrestling

Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
But it is gonna get a lot of discussion for the rest of the year: 1 ppv per month plus the TV debut (and subsequent weeks).

Look at how much discussion there already is, (Indie Wrestling ) then consider that most of the wrestlers are still relative unknowns to us. I reckon that this is gonna generate at least the same amount of interest as the WWE boards for the next few months at least.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
Yeah fair point.

WWE -
WWE Weekly
WWE PPVs
WWE General Discussion

Other Wrestling -
AEW
International & Independent
General Discussion
PWF Interactive (thinking of separating BTB and moving it to The War Zone whilst disabling the Interactive section, in general, as it doesn't gain much traction.)

The Saloon -
Off-Topic
Sports & Entertainment

The War Zone -
IWT
PWFFL

Thoughts?

Davey Wrestling

Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
Counter proposal (based on I'm assuming it's relatively easy to set up forums and the work will be in moving the threads, if not then disregard)

WWE:
General Discussion
PPV

AEW:
General Discussion

Other Wrestling -
General Discussion
PWF Interactive - [sub forum: PWF Hall of Fame]

The Saloon -
Off-Topic
Sports & Entertainment

The War Zone -
IWT
PWFFL

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
I like that one too, but I don't think AEW should have it's own sub-forum. It should be a section in the Other Wrestling, if it's popular and gets more and more traction then we can have a WWE-style sub-forum.

Davey Wrestling

Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
I'll go with that. I think as long as we have AEW it's own board in some shape or form (i.e it's selectable from the main forum menu) then it will do the job.

I reckon it will have it's own subforum by week 2 of it's tv show at the latest though.... ;)

Feels like a real change in wrestling is going on at the minute - everything I'm seeing about AEW is positive and even my Mrs social feeds have a fair amount of "none"wrestling fans talking about it.

This show was beyond "the pipebomb". We're talking Outsiders showing up in WCW levels of interest here....