Interesting Info About WWE Storyline Changes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

Guess where im going?

[iframe]http://freestylemotocrossonline.com/[/iframe]

Yeah im going to tomorrow. This will be my first time going to one of there shows.

Ben

Reaction score
This obviously happened a while ago, but it's interesting to see how quick plans change storyline wise.

Yesterday we posted a quote from the blog of former WWE writer John Piermarini. Since that post, all of his blog postings have been removed. One of the other things he talked about backs up the belief that WWE changes plans on a regular basis. Here's what he wrote about last year's Money in the Bank:

"Walking into the arena that day Drew McIntyre was set to win the Money in the Bank briefcase. But Drew wasn’t the Superstar who was originally set to win. That was Kane, but was changed later after Kevin Dunn agreed with my philosophy that it would benefit a younger guy to carry that briefcase for a while. So it was set one week before the Pay-Per-View, Drew was to win Money in the Bank. While in the production meeting hours before the show a case was made to have Kane win the briefcase and cash in that night. The thought process? Sheamus was retaining the WWE Title; Miz was winning the RAW Money in the Bank (more on this later) and certain people felt like the average fan would have the feeling too many heels won. Keep in mind Kane would turn heel by defeating one of the most popular WWE Superstars in WWE by cashing in. None to less, the feeling was that this was the first ever Money in the Bank PPV and something needed to happen to brand this PPV as 'anything can happen.' I gave the argument that the current storyline had Kane wanting to capture the holy grail for his brother and by doing so tonight took away any future story you had with Kane trying to take it off a someone who may have 'took out' Undertaker. I added Kane should challenge Mysterio at Summerslam and go over there."

Piermarini went on to mention that Randy Orton was originally scheduled to win the RAW Money in the Bank before it was changed to The Miz.

NoDq

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Really glad Orton didn't win mitb he is beyond needing to win that case. Not surprised that Drew was originally set to win the mitb because it seemed like he was being set up for a big push.