Car / Automobile Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With the title I am not sure if everyone refers to it as a car so I thought that I would hedge my bets and add automobile in there although I am pretty confident most say car.

What car do you currently have? What is your dream car?

At the moment I have no car. I used to have a 1989 Toyota Corolla and it was a fantastic car. Didn't cost much to service and it was so reliable. Then earlier this year the radiator went so I sold it rather than spending more than it was worth fixing it. I take the bus into uni and work since parking is hell in Adelaide so it is much cheaper and more convinient. I am thinking about buying a car, most likely second hand some time next year, so I am wondering what type of cars people have and find reliable.

In Australia there are a few main car manufacturers. Holden, the Australian arm of General Motors, has a plant in my state and would be the most well known local car. They do have some reliability issues especially the new cars as they seem to have major problems within five years that cost a fair bit to replace. Ford is the other big player in Australia and honestly I have never been interested in their cars. Toyota has started taking over the market in recent years and with the success of the last car I owned I would be very tempted to buy another one even after the recent issues overseas. Mitsubishi have had a terrible last few years and I would never consider them. Mazda are okay but the big issue is their parts cost so much. Other brands are here but these are the major companies. Another Toyota Corolla or something similar is probably what I will aim for unless something else stands out.

What car do you currently have? What is your dream car?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I used to have a VS Commodore 1996, then I got a Mitsubishi Lancer GLi 2000. It's reliable on petrol and such, it is a dream car of mine kinda, I just need to add rims, spoiler and all that to do it up but I cbf'd because it cost too much in insurance but i'd kill for a Evo 4.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Dream car? Mustang.

Reality car? Citroen Saxo in Black. I've got some shit that needs fixing with it, all minor issues; windscreen wipers need replacing, jets need unblock, sidepanel needs replacing and I need the tracking sorted on my wheels. Other than that, it works fine. :p

Oh, I need to wash it too. Nearly 18 months since I last did.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Dream car? Mercedes any one that Del Rio has.

Reality car? None yet but hopefully a VW Golf

Yeah I have only just got my provisional license so have been unable to drive yet. However I am hoping to drive soon with lessons and stuff like that.

Just a quick question directed at Troy, what's the procedure for getting your license in Aus

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In Australia at the age of 16 you can apply for your Learner's Licence. To get that all you have to do is pass a theory test. It is really easy because the test is available to try online before you take the test so it takes an effort to fail it. Then with your L's when you drive you always have to have someone in the car who has a full licence.

The procedure from then on has become more complicated since I got it but now to go from your L's to your Provisional or P's liscence you must have held a learner's permit for at least 12 months. Whilst on your L's, you must also have a log book showing you have had at least 75 hours driving experience (including at least 15 hours of night-time driving) which must have all been signed by a fully liscened driver. Then you must pass a practical driving test or be signed off on several points by a driving instructor in a competency-based training course. Drivers are then issued with a P1 licence. Then after 18 months to get your P2 licence you have to pass a computer simulator test. It is really simple, you just sit infront of a computer and videos are played. You then have to touch the screen when you think it is save to turn, the right time to break etc. A driver must have held their P's for at least 2 years and a P2 licence for at least 6 months before becoming a fully-licensed driver.

So it is a bit complex now to get from your L's up to your full licence.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
In Australia at the age of 16 you can apply for your Learner's Licence. To get that all you have to do is pass a theory test. It is really easy because the test is available to try online before you take the test so it takes an effort to fail it. Then with your L's when you drive you always have to have someone in the car who has a full licence.

The procedure from then on has become more complicated since I got it but now to go from your L's to your Provisional or P's liscence you must have held a learner's permit for at least 12 months. Whilst on your L's, you must also have a log book showing you have had at least 75 hours driving experience (including at least 15 hours of night-time driving) which must have all been signed by a fully liscened driver. Then you must pass a practical driving test or be signed off on several points by a driving instructor in a competency-based training course. Drivers are then issued with a P1 licence. Then after 18 months to get your P2 licence you have to pass a computer simulator test. It is really simple, you just sit infront of a computer and videos are played. You then have to touch the screen when you think it is save to turn, the right time to break etc. A driver must have held their P's for at least 2 years and a P2 licence for at least 6 months before becoming a fully-licensed driver.

So it is a bit complex now to get from your L's up to your full licence.

That sounds way too complicated. :p

In this country, we get a provisional license which allows us to take lessons and also drive, as long as there's a fully licensed driver in the car with you.

Then you take your theory test, which is all the theoretical stuff; Q&As and touch screen tests.

Once you've passed your theory, and have enough lessons, you can take your test. Pass that, and you're a fully licensed driver.