2 21 11

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
[YOUTUBE]yUqTGgOZyd8[/YOUTUBE]

My first reaction is STING! He hasn't signed with TNA and maybe he has finally decided to have a run in the WWE, one match at WM and a HOF induction and that is it. 2 21 11 is the day after Elimination Chamber so it is timed perfectly for a WM match.

Who do you think this is?​

Dod Draper

Reaction score
This could be pretty huge. The promo really does narrow this down to just three names in my opinion; Triple H, Undertaker or Sting. The long coat would suggest Undertaker or Sting.

Unfortunately, whilst the promo is very much Sting-esque, it may just be WWE toying with us. Sting seems to have his reasons for not joining WWE and it's impossible to say whether he's changed his mind until we know more about this.

This could be an Undertaker promo, it looks sort of like one of his.

I think Triple H is a very real possibility for this video, despite the fact that the dark nature of it doesn't tend to fit with Triple H. He pretty much always has dramatic video packages in the weeks building up to his return. We all know he'll be back before Wrestlemania, and the date seems perfect considering the 6 men for the Raw chamber have already been announced.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looking around the net this video is very similar to one that WCW ran in 97 for Sting. Both had the dark setting and rain with a figure in a trenchcoat.

Trying to narrow it down, it won't be a debuting star from FCW since it is in the Road to WrestleMania and there is no time to build debuting stars unless they are already big names. It does fit the Undertaker but surely that video would be shown on Smackdown rather than RAW. I can't see it being Triple H. Yes the timing is right but that video just doesn't match his gimmick at all.

I really hope that it is Sting, I would mark so hard if it is him.

I can't wait to see what video we will get next week showing a bit more of the wrestler.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Doesn't match his gimmick but I don't feel it's beyond Triple H. Afterall, they could just play the 'one year of despair, watching from the sidelines' card and skew it into some form of revenge promo for a WM match with Sheamus.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm they've really thrown this in the air here with the possibilities. I'm just hoping they come out with promos and each one reveals something more and creates a jigsaw, then most of the fans will know and on the return there will be a massive mark ala Jericho return.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Still thinking about this, and I don't think it will be, but I'd LOVE it if this was Sting.

Undertaker vs. Sting at Wrestlemania. Imagine that. Holy shit. :p

Perhaps they used Diesel and Booker at the Rumble to gauge the crowd's reaction to the older WCW guys? (I know Booker had years in WWE, Nash was in briefly too, but you get my point)

Killz

Reaction score
Surely this has to be Sting? I mean he isn't doing anything with TNA now and the only other person that the myster legs and trenchcoat could be is Taker BUT we all know 'Taker is a SD! guy right now, the Wade Barrett portion of Nexus that screwed him is on SD!, his brother Kane is on SD!...it wouldn't make sense for him to re-debut on Monday night Raw would it?

Man if this is Sting it will be HUGE. That will get some pop I assure you. Anyone know where the Raw on the 21st is being held? Depending on the markism of the crowd this could BLOW THE ROOF OFF that arena.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That RAW is being held in Fresno California and where is Sting billed from? California.

Supposedly an arena website wrote that Undertaker is returning on that night so we are meant to believe that video is for the Undertaker.

I have no idea what this is supposed to be now and I still have hope that Sting will one day wrestle a match in WWE.

Killz

Reaction score
Aha that helps support the Sting hype, coming straight out of Cali.

I've seen the news/video surrounding that arena ad. Apparently they added a Taker graphic to the promo video they already had running but then it got pulled. It still says he's returning apparently? But of course just like the paper that reported the one year Sting deal isn't confirmed, nor is that arena listing.

Maybe Vince/Hunter are royally playing the IWC to get even more speculation growing. That Raw will certainly pop a rating.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be gutted if it was to be taker. I really don't want to see him with another return like this unless it's the badass gimmick. I heard WWE are still trying hard to sign Sting so hopefully it turns out to be him instead and this is just a cover up.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
I def. see it being the undertaker, how ever, why would they bring back taker right after the last ppv before mania & only giving a 3 week time slot of building a storyline for mainia...makes no sense at all, how ever it's WWE..Go figure. Sting is another good guess how ever according to that local promo it's undertaker returning. How ever they are using the same plug of mc being ref as they did for the same promo for raw in prov...we never saw that happen...anyways if it's sting to come back for mainia..still too late in the game by then to bring him back for mainia as for half the road to mainia will be done

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
3 weeks? Where are you coming from? After the Chamber PPV, there is a 6 week period before Raw gets to Wrestlemania. 6 Raw shows to build something up. They could have a bunch of people debut and still have time to cook up something great in a few weeks.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
@ jay lesner Yeah I realized that when i did the math...thats my bad..I'm just so used to WWE PPV's bein 3 - 4 weeks apart lol