MMA yearly awards.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Fighter of The Year Cain Velasquez

Cain Velasquez, not only stopped the legend Minotauro Nogueira in Australia, he easily took the Heavyweight title from Brock Lesnar. Definitely the year of Brown Pride, the year of The Mexicutioner.

Submission of The Year Werdum Triangles Fedor

Not only was this the fall of The Last Emperor, it was the myth breaking tap heard around the MMA world. Best part was it looked like Fedor didn't know how to tap, since he only slapped Werdum's thigh once.

Knockout of The Year Condit KOs Dan Hardy

I would have to go with Condit's KO of Dan Hardy. Definitley had me jumping to my feet.

Fight of The Year Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen

While alot of people will say Korean Zombie and Leonard Garcia had the fight of the year, I will still pick this one, because Anderson was being dominated for the first time in the Octagon, and resembled a Ricky Steamboat match, he was getting beat from pillar to post and like the champion that he is, overcame it all and pulled out the miraculous victory.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I agree with Velasquez, Werdum and Silva-Sonnen. Not sure what my Knockout of the Year would be but I wouldn't go with that one. I think I'd go Velasquez KO on Big Nog.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fighter of The Year Cain Velasquez

Can't go past Cain after what he has done this year. Took apart a champion in Big Nog in no time and then humbled Lesnar in the first round as well.

Submission of The Year Sotiropoulos kimura on Lauzon

Okay I am biased, Sotiropoulos has had an awesome year winning his three fights and along the way collection two fight of the nights as well. This was an awesome finish to a fight that was intense even though it only went two rounds. Plus it was the first kimura in UFC that I had seen for a long time.

Knockout of The Year Velasquez KO Big Nog

I didn't think that it was possible to knock him out and I didn't think that Velasquez had such a big punch in him. That KO was outstanding and completely shocked me when Big Nog went down.

Fight of The Year Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen

I can't go past this fight. No-one thought that Sonnen could stay in there with Silva for five rounds yet he dominated most of the fight under Silva pulled out a great submission out of nowhere to win the fight. The atmosphere for the entire fight was great and the tension continued to build each round when it looked like Silva would lose his title.