ROH Final Battle 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
200px-Final_Battle_2010_poster.jpg

ROH World Title Match
Roderick Strong vs. Davey Richards​

The Final Battle At Final Battle
Kevin Steen vs. El Generico
*If Generico loses he will unmask
**If Steen loses he will quit Ring of Honor

Six Man Tag Team Grudge Match
Jay, Mark, and Mike “Papa” Briscoe vs. The Kings of Wrestling and Shane Hagadorn

Daizee Haze and Amazing Kong vs. Sara Del Rey and TBA

Eddie Edwards vs Kenny Omega​

This is the final ROH PPV for the year and it is on the 18th of December. So far the three matches have been announced and I will edit this post when more are announced.​

Steen vs Generico with the added stipulations of Steen leaving if he loses and Generico unmasking if he loses has been a long time in the making. Steen teamed with Generico when he debuted in ROH in 07 and they were one time ROH tag team champions. Then it wasn't until the end of last year that Steen turned heel on Generico and they have feuded ever since in singles and tag team matches. This is big though because Genericos entire look focuses on the mask and Steen is one of the top heels in ROH. Not sure which way this will go.​

I will admit that I don't know the extra two wrestlers in the six man tag team match. The Kings Of Wrestling are my favourite ROH tag team and I can't believe that those two haven't been brought up to WWE or TNA. The Briscoes have been around for forever and still have it in the ring.​

The mainevent should be excellent no matter who is champion. Roderick Strong would be great but personally I want and think it will be Christopher Daniels. He is back in ROH and they should put the main title on him and use him as their figurehead.​

What do you think of the card so far?​

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think it is a great looking card so far.

Like the fact than Richards won't know who he will be facing for the Championshion until right near the event itself. I think Strong will retain against Daniels and then maybe drop it to Davey at FB. Richards in my view is the next Chris Benoit, and a World Title reign has been coming for quite sometime.

The twist of Steve Corino getting Steen's head has been an highlight of the last twelve months, and this feud just shows what you can do when you slowly build something. ROH have big plans for Steen in 2011, so I expect him to win this match.

And the six man sounds intresting also.

I actually have a bit of a dream off being at Final Battle, as I know people in NY and was hopeing of going for an holiday around the time. Doubt it will happen due to money, but you never know. If not think I will order this on PPV.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A couple more matches have been announced and the mainevent has been confirmed.

Roderick Strong retained against Daniels and so will defend his title against Davey Richards.

A womens tag team match has been added to the card with Amazing Kong making her return to ROH.

Eddie Edwards the recent winner of ROH's Survival of the Fittest Tournament should get the win over Kenny Omega.

The card is looking good so far with around three weeks to go before the event.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Actally Kong did wrestle for ROH in July against Del Ray. I like the sounds of that Women's match with still one more name to be annonced.

The Edwards V Omega match sounds great. Omega is one of the great prespects for the promotion, I saw him put in a cracking performance in an upset victory over Austin Aries on an event from June this year. And I think Edwards is one of the best heels they have right now, and has a lot of tools to go very far. This is looking like a very strong line-up to close 2010.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
This looks like a solid show. A lot of talent on the card but it is the same guys we are used to in new feuds or well designed feuds take note other companies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Is anyone going to order this? I have yet to order an ROH Pay Per View, just because of lack of money at times, but I hope to make this my first.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think I will be ordering this since in the past twelve months I have only bought one wrestling PPV. It should be a good card but I will most likely just read the results after it happens.

Can anyone anywhere around the world order ROH PPV's online?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thats what I intend to find out. I am guessing you can, as Power Slam mention it and thats a british magazine. Also surely that is the point of an internet PPV.

I am guessing than there will be at least a couple more matches annonced for this before show time.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
There is an up dated card for tomorrow. Kenny Omega has had to pull out through injury, which is a blow, so his place his being taken by Sonjay Dutt who will face Eddie Edwards.

In a ROH Legends match Christopher Daniels will face Homicide in what should be one of the best bouts of the night.
Colt Cabana will take on TJ Perkins (who I have not heard of)
The All Night Express VS. Kyle O' Reilly and Adam Cole.

Should be a great night of Wrestling!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I have ordered final battle, and in UK Money it only cost about £8 which is great value!

Anyway I will post a report on the card tomorrow.