Daniel Bryan's Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Last night at SummerSlam Daniel Bryan made a surprise return as the seventh member of Team WWE. He eliminated a couple of Nexus members and was the second to last Team WWE member.

WWE gave him a strong return last night and hopefully they can build on that in the following months. The Miz caused him to be eliminated last night and this week on RAW his feud with The Miz is conitnuing. It is the right move since they had that feud continuing from NXT season one.

A title shot for Daniel Bryan at Night of Champions for The Miz's United States championship is what I want to see next. Also I am happy that his finisher is a submission, the crossface, since there aren't enough wrestlers using submissions in WWE these days.

What do you think about his return? What would you like to see him do next?

fieldingmellish

Reaction score
It was great to see him back and put in a prominent role; seeing him work with the Nexus guys really highlighted how green they are! A program with Miz seems on the cards, hopefully with him taking the US title at the end of it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was great to see him back and put in a prominent role; seeing him work with the Nexus guys really highlighted how green they are! A program with Miz seems on the cards, hopefully with him taking the US title at the end of it.

That is so true, Daniel Bryan looks like a polished performer whereas a few of the Nexus look really green out there. Barrett looks like a polished performer as well but guys like Young and Sheffield still need some work.

I hope that in the end he gets the US title because it would be the right pay-off for that storyline.

I do hope that WWE let him finish his indy dates first because he made a commitment to them and unless it is scheduled for a tv taping or PPV then they should let him do it. I have read mixed reports about whether or not they will let him wrestle those few indy dates and WWE need to do the right thing and let him wrestle them.

XenForo-Test

Reaction score
Nexus' guys ARE green - remember, they've only had this main event exposure for a couple of months, of which only once have they actually wrestled in the main event. They've had, what, 3-4 matches since they returned on Raw? It doesn't take much skill to beat someone down in a group.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Nexus' guys ARE green - remember, they've only had this main event exposure for a couple of months, of which only once have they actually wrestled in the main event. They've had, what, 3-4 matches since they returned on Raw? It doesn't take much skill to beat someone down in a group.

Daniel Bryan is different though because he had that wealth of experience wrestling in the independents before joining WWE so is much more polished than the others. The Nexus' guys have not had the previous experience of Bryan although some have been around wrestling for a while. Some look ready for this huge spot on the card whereas a few others really look green out there. This is a step learning curve for them and certainly being in a group doing beat-downs like you said doesn't take too much skill and will help them to get used to the live show.

xXSlaveXx

Reaction score
Yeah the Nexus performed well at Summerslam and I was a little surprised Cena or Bryan didn't turn on them to be honest. His return dropped a lot of draws though haha, well done to WWE for keeping it secret.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Bryan is world class and this is a great oppuntity for WWE to create its next big star. It was a great idea from WWE's creative team I don't think any one saw it coming. It was a nice twist how they kept up the fend with Miz even though they were on the same team. A legthy match between the two at Night of Champions could be a very fine match. A Danielson US Title run maybe the perfect next step.