Superman may just save US family's home

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A US family facing the loss of their mortgaged home stumbled on a comic book in their basement that is expected to fetch up to $US250,000 ($274,000) at auction, an American television network reported.

The family, who live in the nation's south but wish to remain anonymous, found the copy of Action Comics No. 1 - the first in which Superman appeared - as they were packing up their home for sale.

"The bank was about ready to foreclose," Vincent Zurzolo, co-owner of ComicConnect.com and Metropolis Comics and Collectibles in New York told ABC.

"Literally, this family was in tears. The family home was going to be lost and they're devastated. They can't figure out a way out of this.

"They start packing things up. They go into the basement and start sifting through boxes - trying to find packing boxes - and they stumble on eight or nine comic books.

Most of the comic books found in the house - which has been in the family since the 1950s - were valued between $10 and $30, but the Superman issue, dated June 1938, is extremely rare, Mr Zurzolo explained.

The issue shows Superman lifting a car above his head.

"It's a tremendous piece of American pop culture history," Mr Zurzolo said. "You couldn't have asked for a happier ending. Superman saved the day."

The comic is expected to fetch at least $US250,000 through an auction on ComicConnect's website on August 27.

LINK

I like stories like this. A good turn around for the family to find something valuable enough to save their home. I can't believe that people have things like this laying around in the house. I wish I could find something that valuable in my house :p

Dademo

Reaction score
Yeah that'd be awesome if I found something like that in my house. Unfortunately, I moved into this house about 7 years ago, so it's not like it was handed down by family members. My grandma has my family's old apartment in Brooklyn, but considering she lived there with us it makes sense. There might be some valuables there, but nothing like this.