AFL Season 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
10 rounds in and it seems like the most open finals race for many years. A lot of teams can still make the eight and there is no real clear leader at the top.

Richmond will certainly miss the eight and Adelaide and West Coast don't seem like they are a real chance either. Basically all the other teams are within reach of the finals if they have a good run and can't be discounted just yet.

Fremantle have been the surprise packet of the season and it is great to finally see them doing well. Geelong look strong but also vulnerable on the road.

My team North is very inconsistent but 4-6 isn't too bad a start.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WOOOOO North won this week by 1 point. We made it much harder for ourselves after leading at half time by six goals but I will certainly take the four points for the win. Fantastic kick by Greenwood in the end to get the lead back.

I actually went to the Adelaide vs Fremantle game, free ticket from a friend and it was a great game to watch. Adelaide were certainly a different team to watch this week and lifted for Tyson Edwards last game. Walker and Dangerfield are both guns and will be stars of the future.

I had a good tipping week this week with my only mistake being going for Fremantle over Adelaide.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WOOOOO x2. Another great win by North Melbourne this time on a Friday night, our only friday night game for the year. 29 point win against a top eight side in Carlton is a great result and it is really exciting for me watching a young, inexperienced side play some great football. There is a lot of young talent in our team and if we can sort out a key forward in the next year or two then we have the making of a solid finals side.

Geelong are still too good for everyone and just keep streaking away to an even greater lead at the top of the ladder.

So far with my tipping I have only missed Port, I thought that at home they could beat Sydney. For the rest of my tips I have Richmond over West Coast, Western Bulldogs over Brisbane, Fremantle over St Kilda and Collingwood over Melbourne. The only game I am really confident with is the Collingwood/Melbourne game.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Another week has gone by and another win by North, we are in ninth spot and are only out of the eight by percentage. We are also two games clear of tenth which is a very handy gap to have. Nine rounds to go and we need at least another four wins to have a chance of making the finals. I really hope we can make it however even if we can't it has been a great result for North Melbourne this season.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Four rounds left and the ladder isn't clear at all. So many teams could reach the finals and not even the top four is settled. There will be a lot of changes to the ladder in the coming rounds before the finals. North are still ninth but after losing our last two we are going to struggle to make it. We needed to beat Essendon two weeks ago.

Very open season so far and it will be a great finish.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Only two weeks and four teams left in this season and the final four teams are the top four teams of this year which is slightly disappointing.

Geelong vs Collingwood is live on Friday night. Both teams have had excellent years and focus on a quick pace high scoring game plan. Collingwood have been poor in recent months with goal-kicking accuracy and if they can kick straight on Friday they will be tough to beat. I am predicting Collingwood to win here, they have been the team to beat this season and whenever they are written off they kept winning and winning. Should be a fantastic high-scoring match.

St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs is live on Saturday night. St Kilda shocked most when they defeated Geelong in the first week of the finals. It was a gutsy win and St Kilda will want to win here to make up for somehow losing the GF last year. Western Bulldogs have been in poor form and are lucky to be this far. Sydney were terrible last night, they dominated the match yet somehow lost by five points. I expect St Kilda to be much too good for Western Bulldogs. This will be a defensive game and won't be as high-scoring as the Friday night final.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
DRAW!

Christ that game nearly gave me a heart attack and my team wasn't even in the match! Great fight back by St Kilda in the second half and the final five minutes were great. Seesawing game and I was so happy when Saints got the final point to level things, I really didn't want Collingwood to win.

Because of our strange system there is no extra time. Everyone has to come back next week to play the match all over again. Only the third time in history, around 160 years, that it has happened.

I will be cheering on the Saints next weekend hoping they can win their second premiership.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
HUGE NEWS today as it was announced that the lead act for the half time entertainment will be Lionel Richie! Personally I think that is awesome since he has so many good songs as a solo singer and as part of the Commodores. He isn't too full of himself either so he will put on a great show.

Other news the best player in the competition finally announced that he signed with Gold Coast like everyone expected him to do. He would have been crazy not to join them simply because of the money on offer, it doubled his contract at Geelong. Plus he had done everything he could do at Geelong, he won two premierships, a brownlow medal, three AFL MVP awards and B&F's. There was nothing left for him to do there whereas at the Suns he can be part of history. A member of the inaugural team and most likely the first captain.

The AFL also announced that premiership medals will be handed out to players from both weeks of the winning team. That is fantastic news as it would be unfair for those who played in the first week to miss out on a medal.