Old School 3 Hour RAW November 15th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel will serve as the ring announcer for next week’s 3-hour “Old Schoolâ€￾ RAW from Hershey, PA. Mean Gene Okerlund will also be on hand conducting interviews.
The following names from the past have been confirmed for the show:
- Rowdy Roddy Piper
- Jimmy Snuka
- Dusty Rhodes
- Ted DiBiase
- Arn Anderson
- The Iron Sheik
- “Hacksawâ€￾ Jim Duggan
- Sgt. Slaughter
- Nikolai Volkoff
- Irwin R Shyster

This is a three hour RAW with the theme of Old School. It is also the go home show for Survivor Series so I expect some more matches announced on that show. I expect a big rating for this show aswell.

What are you expecting to see? What do you want to see?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The Honkytonk Man issued the following statement via his webmaster this evening:
“HTM and WWE could not come to terms for the Old School RAW show upcoming. HTM informed WWE yesterday that he no longer had a desire to participate on the event.”

He was never listed for the show anyway so I hadn't expected him to show up. Not sure why he would knock it down, that is if WWE even contacted him, since it would be a couple of thousand for a couple of hours work. There are still plenty of other wrestlers who will show up anyway to fill the show.

Reaction score
HTM has issues with The WWE, maybe he feels the way he was treated or how they r treating superstars he does not want to associate with them. This is not the first nor second time he declined the WWE. Rumor speculated he was supposed to be in HOF 2010 and he tuned that down too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Add Mae Young to the list of legends scheduled to appear on this Monday’s “old school” themed RAW.

Can't believe she is still around. Thought she would have been dead by now and surprised she still turns up to these things, must have nothing better to do.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Another name has been announced:

pwinsider said:
Chris 'Tatanka' Chavis was in attendance at the Ring of Honor event in Mississauga, Ontario on Saturday night and confirmed to The LAW that he was contacted by John Laurinaitis to appear on Monday's 'Old School Raw' from Hershey, Pennsylvania.

Chavis spoke to The LAW and said he is expecting to work a tag match on the show and instructed to bring his ring gear.

Good addition to the show. I can remember clearly when he returned for one night in 2005 to face Eugene for Angle's gold medal, he had quite a bit of a gut but received a great ovation. He then cut a lot of weight and was a regular for a couple of years in WWE and did a great job in that time. He was then asked to be released again and it is nice that he is back on RAW again and I am sure he will get a big cheer from the crowd when he comes out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I was never a fan of Tatanka, I don't like watching my people selling out their heritage like that. Anyways, not much of a legends list if you ask me. If they got people who don't show up monthly like Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka, Dusty Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Arn Anderson, The Iron Sheik, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter. it would be more interesting, but Mean Gene is going to be doing interviews so I'll mark, especially if they bring back the giant RAW letters for their set.

Reaction score
Hopefully this is going to be a great Monday Night Raw, even if it doesn't turn out to be that great at all, I still see myself tuning in to check out what they intend to do. List of legends aren't that bad if you ask me, but it would just be nice to see some really rare names announced rather than guys who randomly make cameos here and there anyways. I'd love to see guys like Lance Storm, Justin Credible, Terry Funk, The Rock, Steve Austin and others... Yes, I know that there are some ECW guys that I listed, but I believe they had a big part on Raw when they were with the company in the past. Wouldn't be surprised if Sean Morley (Val Venis) made his appearance back with the company tonight either.