Grow Your Own Vegetables

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Does anyone on the forum grow their won vegetables?

For me I do grow a few vegetables after becoming a huge fan of the River Cottage series by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. I also really enjoy cooking so to have lots of fresh vegetables/fruit/herbs/spices on hand is great.

At the moment I am growing beetroot, leek, carrots, lettuce, brocilli and capsicum/bell peppers. Of those only the beetroot is at full maturity. I also have a few herbs; rosemary, thyme, oregano and corriander. I have a lemon, mandarin and organge tree. I then also have some other unqiue plants like a bay tree, a curry leaf plant and a chilli plant.

For me my favourite plant is my chilli plant. Started it at the beginning of this year and for the first season I have taken over one hundred chillies from the plant. I am down to just three of them, all dried, and am waiting for the next crop to start coming through. I am thinking of getting another plant as I want to be able to dry more of them and store them for use throughout the year. I like hot food and since having the plant I have been adding it to everything for pizzas to pasta to casseroles to stews and to plenty of curries.

The curry leave plant and bay tree have also been very useful as it is much more convenient and much cheaper to be able to go outside and pick them when I need them rather than having to buy them from the shops.

Failures in the past have been tomatoes, I never had them in enough sun so they didn't grow. Zucchinis/Courgettes were doing great but a bunch of caterpillars completely ate them up.

The next vegetables I want to attempt at growing are some lemongrass, pak choy and I want to attempt zucchinis again. I have also wanted to have my own apple tree since I can't stand the taste of apples from the shops, my parents used to own a plant nursery and the apples there were amazing.

So does anyone else grow their own vegetables, fruits and/or herbs?