Advertising Banners/Affiliate Buttons

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

I'll be watching both, since in canada Raw airs on monday at its normal time, and so there is no conflict, but a gauntlet match wouldn't be enough to get me to tune into TNA instead.

bighustle233

Reaction score
imma probably watch TNA, just cus i want to help TNA succeed. But i still hate the job Vince Russo is doing. Don't get me wrong, he maybe a nice guy, but his booking is killing the product's respectibility. TNA was good just before he came back. I'm talkin everything during the summer of 2006 was golden. Then Russo started booking and slowly, the ppvs got worse and worse and worse. Now TNA has put on two crappy ppvs in a row. THANKS A LOT RUSSO

03mnm

Reaction score
I am going to watch the TNA but I think I already know who is going to win. I think Joe is going to win but I want Sting to win. Anyway what would you rather watch a gauntlet for the Gold match or a confrontaion between Vinny Mac and Donald Trump.

Soulpower

Its a match made by Russo, just because of that I'll watch RAW instead of Impact... Besides, who wants to see a 4-minute gauntlet match?

This Guy

I can tell you who will win the gauntlet already. It will be Kurt Angle, I stand by my opinion that Russo will not push Joe in his current character. I don't have to choose, but I still might not watch Impact.

This Guy

I'm double posting because I have to add this and then see if all you "I'm going to watch TNA" are still going to watch TNA on Thursday. This was announced on WWE.com

This week, Raw will see the biggest star-studded 8-Man Tag Team Match in history. John Cena will join Undertaker, HBK and Batista to battle Edge, Randy Orton, MVP and Mr. Kennedy. Which Supersatr will survive?

Yeah I'd say TNA just got trumped, no pun intended.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
angle is going to win the battle royal/gauntlet match,he'll last eliminate samoa joe so it could add to there "fued" or to the fact they can't get along.

but i don't care i'm watching raw over tna on thrusday.

xtremebadass

Well they are both taped, so it really doesn't matter what I watch, but sucks for me because I am anti-spoilers

Truth

Reaction score
I hate reading spoilers too, but what Ima do is watch Raw live and in another room just tape Impact and watch it friday morning..no school wooo. Yeah that 8 way tag, may have something to do with TNA. They might have seen TNA made the gauntlet trying to bring more viewers in that night, so Vince laughed and said "oh yeah..." and made a huge match. Now I could be wrong but still, that could be a partial reason for the match, seeing as how kennedy and mvp have nothing to do with that storyline.

This Guy

Well Kennedy does sort of. He feels he was robbed against Batista and that it should be him going to Mania against Taker. But yeah MVP's kinda just there.

Psychofrog

Reaction score
I'll still watch TNA, Taker, Cena, Batista, and HBK SHOULD destroy Rated RKO, Kennedy, and MVp. If they don't thats ridiculously overdoen kayfabe.

Ayways WW3 owned this 8 man tag match.

This Guy

should yes, but when your teaming up WM opponents, to progress stories, they shouldn't be able to trust eachother. And please tell me you don't mean World War 3 that crap 60 man 3 ring battle royal crap that WCW came up with and then (thank God) scrapped after a couple of years for a normal PPV.

Texas

Reaction score
And just when I thought TNA was done for, they pull this out of their hat.

Now, here's what else has to happen for Thursday to succeed.

1. Advertise the living hell out of it. Buy ad slots locally in major markets on Sci-Fi during ECW, on MTV during WSX, even during prime time on the Turner networks. Maybe some limited broadcast advertising, but most of that demo is watching Grey's Anatomy or CSI anyway.

2. Counter program like hell. Try as hard as possible to book that Gauntlet match against Trump's appearance on Raw. That should be a heavy channel flipping time, and I pray like hell that WWE puts that in the top of the hour spot, around 9:50. This should time out to midway through the gauntlet match.

3. Deliver. Make the match good. Please. I beg you, no stupid gimmicks. One mistake puts the viewership right back to Raw, and you get no second chance.