The most famous person in the World

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OJR

Reaction score
I thought of this thread before but never really got round to putting it up, but I just want to ask about who you think is the most famous person in the World (who is still alive). By famous I mean that if you saw them you'd recognise them straight away (anyone say 'my mum' and I'll kick you in the keyboard). Try to think of five if you can (thumbs up).

For me, I'd pick a variety of people. I guess I could be a sweet little douchebag and say Mother Theresa and Nelson Mandela, but come on, I don't think everyone could recognise Mother Theresa at first sight (she'd be just another hot gal). So, I'd say that Barack Obama has to up there. As for my other four, I'll pick David Beckham, George Bush, Sylvester Stallone (everyone knoows of Rocky or Rambo ffs) and Alice Cooper (he is instantly recognisable). So, come on, be cool and share your opinon, before I decide to shoot you in the ass.

Note: OJR has only just seen that Mother Theresa died in 1997. I was three. Get over it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
The Queen is a deffo lock I mean, who wouldnt know who she is lol.
Others would be Cherly Cole, Wayne Rooney, Oliver Riding and His mum..

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Barrack Obama, I think would be up there.

I don't know who Cherly Cole is, or Wayne Rooney, or The Queen.

I do know who oliver's mum is though.

Dademo

Reaction score
I don't know who Cherly Cole is, and Wayne Rooney isn't even talked about in the US at all, maybe he's a household name in England though. I'd say whoever the US President is at the time, and a big actor.

Maybe Obama/Bush and maybe Sylvester or someone like Eminem.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Interesting thread, I had never thought about this topic before.

My first thoughts are that politicians are obviously known worldwide especially American Presidents since they are the most well known leaders of the world. So my first choice would be Barack Obama since obviously there was huge media attention on his presidential campaign and eventual success in becoming President. My second choice would be a former President in Bill Clinton, huge profile whilst President thanks to a scandal or two and is still mentioned regularly today for his humanitarian work and because his wife ran for President.

Next I think of singers, music is global and so the stars are known worldwide. To span the generations though I am thinking of stars from a decade or two ago rather than modern singers who would only be known by the younger generation. My third choice is then Paul McCartney, everyone knows the Beatles and he is the most famous of those still living since he has had a very successful solo career and a very public divorce. My fourth choice is Madonna, she is the most well known female singer of all time and her career has spanned three or four decades.

Finally I think of actors, movies are again global so people are most likely going to know this person world wide. It is difficult narrowing it down to one star. Again I am trying to span the generations so people like Leonardo DiCaprio and Will Smith are ruled out. My fifth choice is Tom Hanks, he has been a star for decades and is still going strong making movies. He is in so many blockbuster films and has won two Oscars so most would know him.

Sportsmen came to mind but it is difficult to find a star who is truly global and is known by everyone including older women for example. I couldn't think of one that all would know so I ignored them.

So my list is; Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Paul McCartney, Madonna and Tom Hanks.