UFC on Versus 6: Anthony Johnson Talks Warrior, Eye Poke, Weight Cutting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
UFC welterweight Anthony Johnson has a had a very up-and-down career in the UFC, and two of the main issues he's dealt with are big weight cuts, and an eye poke he received in a fight with Kevin Burns back in 2007 that put him out for a long time. In an interview with MMA Nation's Luke Thomas, Rumble discussed both of these things and their effects on him, and also talked about his role in the MMA-themed movie Warrior, his bout with Charlie Brenneman at UFC on Versus 6 on Saturday, and the main event between Dominick Cruz and Demetrious Johnso . Here's the interview, and a couple of choice quotes from it:

Luke: Now I have to ask you, I don't mean to be rude, but you're kind of bitter right? Because you got no lines (in Warrior), and you lost. When you read the script, were you like "really, seriously"?

AJ: Well, losing is part of acting. They did it right, you know, if I lose it's usually by submission, it ain't by a knockout or anything like that so they didn't let my butt get beat too bad in the movie.

Luke: What is your magic process for cutting weight? Everyone always wants to know because you're so big.

AJ: I can't tell you my secrets man, I gotta write a book or something.​