WWE really high on young or less experienced stars? SPOILER INCLUDED

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Well on the recent smackdown tapings Dolph Ziggler became the new number one contender to the WHC, with Drew Mcintyre and Cody Rhodes also being in the match he won to get it..

Now what I'm getting at here is the fact that the less experienced or younger stars are starting to get opportunities WWE would never give them a couple of years a go. I mean it was a real shock to me a guy like Ziggler who was a joke in spirit squad actually made it so far to get a world title shot, and he beat fellow less experienced stars like Drew and Cody to get it which also gives them experience. It really does seem strange how this has happened but look what has came from it. I mean Miz is WWE champion and he's got so much heel heat. And Swagger well, he was not as succesful but he still got a title reign something WWE would never usually do, I mean most money in the bank guys were close to the main event i.e unsuccesful world title matches ect but Swagger had only been ECW.

Now I am all for the push of young guys. I mean lots of the mid card titles go to them. And when they get in the main event it is cool. But do you think the WWE is forgeting older and more experienced guys to focus on the young less experienced guys.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The trouble is in recent years they have done it a bit half hearted. They have put youger/newer guys in main events, just to show they can, rather than because those guys are ready, and then don't fellow up on the push. It is so ramdon too, like how quickly Sheamus won the WWE title, he had bearly been there two minutes!

Personally I think WWE have a good selection of experienced main eventers who they can relie on, the likes of HHH, Randy Orton and The Undertaker are still over enough, and have the skills to carry feuds and matches against lesser talent, and I would throw CM Punk into that mold as well. The main focus needs to be on creating new stars.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
They have been pushing guys fairly well lately I agree. Ziggler, Del Rio, Miz, Morrison, Swagger, McIntyre, Rhodes all came very far in the last year.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Define well? I mean I like Swagger, but they screwed his push up, it was too soon to have him win money in the bank, and then win the World Title, but once they did that WWE needed to get behind him which they didn't. Morrison is hardly a rookie, Del Rio is too early to say if they will do something with him, Mcintyre has shown me nothing, and Rhodes and Ziggler are avenge at best.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I was just stating that in the last year all of those 7 have moved up the card pretty well. Swagger's push was screwed up but he was still elevated. The only one I think you could argue is Rhodes as he isn't much higher than he was, may even be lower but he is established on his own now. McIntyre isn't higher now but had a good year.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE have realised too late that they needed to start pushing some younger talent to fill the gaps left by retiring or injured veterans. There was a long period were not many younger stars were pushed to the top and now they have a problem with so many veterans having retired in the past couple of years.

It is about time they focused more on the younger talents and actually gave them a chance to become the next megastar. WWE will lose some more veterans in the next couple of years like Kane, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Edge etc. so they need a lot more guys up in the mainevent who have at least another five years left in their careers.

I like seeing new talents pushed to the top frequently as it makes the title scenes very fresh and interesting rather than seeing the same mainevents again and again for an entire year.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I just think you need be selective in who you push, and how hard. I agree that it is a possitive thing than a number of fresh faces have moved up the pecking order, so it does make things a little more intertesting, but again I would question how many are ready for those positions? Mcintyre is one I would question, because he has shown me nothing so far.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The thing about pushes is that they can get nixed in a slpit second. Either they piss off someone inadvertantly or just don't care enough about your position to make the extra effort others might, and such, or say you are getting a strong push and you keep getting caught doing something you shouldn't be doing.

Last batch of releasee's over the past 3 years are a testament to that. Plus the fact that most people can't seem to get past midcard and the midcarders life lasts 4-5 years max. Which is sad to see, since under Jim Ross' Talent Relations era, the midcarder was given ample time to get over, and most of the stars were made during his time in office. John Laurinitis hasn't really had a star that was his own signee.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thats a very fine point, Ross did over see a lot of top talent coming in, and I think Vince could do worse than give him a spot on the booking team. Which of couse he won't because of his image of J.R. and lack of respect for the man.