Does Goldberg deserve to be in the WWE HOF?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In the wrestling news recently there has been some discussion about Goldberg and the WWE HOF. HHH and Shawn Michaels recently said in an interview that they don't think he belongs. Here is a quick recap of the main part:

When asked wether Bill Goldberg deserved to be inducted into WWE’s Hall of Fame in Atlanta during WrestleMania 27 weekend, Triple H responded with:

“Bill’s trying to get into the Hall of Fame. If there’s a rumor about him coming back, he probably started it. I’ve not seen any mention of his name.â€

Goldberg has now responded to Triple H’s comments, writing on Twitter:

“I read HHH and HBK’s views on the #WWE HOF….everyone is entitled to their own opinion.They do have a point if induction is based on tenureâ€

It really does seem like HHH has a grudge with Goldberg since he isn't complimentary at all to him. I thought that Goldberg would be a shoe-in for next years HOF since WM is in Atlanta and that was WCW's base. Goldberg was one of the biggest stars in WCW and although he wasn't huge for a long period of time I still think that he deserves to be in there especially when you see some of the names in the HOF.

Do you think he belongs in the WWE HOF?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
If you base on what he did in WWE alone, then no I don't think he should get in. But if you include his WCW run then he might have a stronger case.

Point is the HOF does honor people who has acived things in other companies, then again I don't think Goldberg has done enough to considered a shoe-in.

As it is I don't like his attuide, so I would love for him to snubbed:)

Killz

Reaction score
If the WWE HoF was still taken seriously he'd be perhaps a back up name to the main inductee next year. He'd be an afterthought certainly because his WWE run was a non event in the grand scheme of things and his WCW run, whilst huge, was always questionable in terms of his work rate, attitude issues, stiff work etc etc

As it is though, Koko B. Ware is in the HoF so Bill Goldberg has to be a shoe-in even if it's just because he's a huge name that everyone knows.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well yeah I was thinking that, you do get your fair share of naff names in there too.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Koko had tenure, something Goldberg doesn't, take off the time he was injured and on hiatus, his career would be less than 3 years. He was whitehot in 98, but does that make him HOF worthy? If you judge someones career by tenure, impact and draw. You got yourself a HOFer, Goldberg doesn't fit into all those categories. Sorry but no, he doesn't belong there. Him and Warrior are alot alike and they both don't deserve to be inducted.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Very good point! Also it is fair to say that not all of Goldberg's WCW career was a big sucess. 99 onwards things did go down hill.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Goldberg was great for at most a year and a half, that's not even close to Hall of Fame worthy, even the aforementioned Ultimate Warrior was hot for a longer period, though not much longer.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
If he got into the hall of fame, they'd have to rename fame to shame.