Verizon iPhone Available In February

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Verizon has just announced the iPhone 4 at a press event, revealing the first details of the contracts and capabilities Apple's phone will come with when it breaks North American exclusivity with AT&T next month. When made available to current Verizon customers on February 3 and new customers on February 10, the iPhone 4 will cost the same amount that it does for AT&T customers -- $200 for the 16GB model and $300 for the 32 GB model, both with a two-year contract.

While current Verizon phones have $30 monthly unlimited data plans, it is currently unknown whether that price point will be applied to the iPhone. AT&T no longer has an unlimited data plan, currently offering 100MB of data per month for $15 and 2GB for $25 (though many customers who bought an iPhone before the 4 have been grandfathered into the previous $20 monthly plan). The data plans for Verizon will be especially crucial, since the iPhone 4 will come with Verizon's 3G Mobile Hotspot app installed, allowing users to hook up other devices to utilize the iPhone's 3G connection (the Verizon iPhone will not use the company's 4G network).

The Verizon iPhone will have a few utility apps exclusive to its customers, including the aforementioned Mobile Hotspot app and the V Cast media distribution network. While the exclusive apps are currently limited to carrier-specific functionality, it should be interesting to see if the carriers are able to make games specific to their platform. We'll report more about the iPhone 4's multi-carrier changes as we hear more.

Huge move for Verizon and Apple, I might just get one if my driod keeps having the problems it currently is.

Kairi

Reaction score
yeah. i had read about this and i agree it is a huge move for verizon, will be interesting to see what it does to their sales.