Top 25 most overrated wrestlers of all-time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kylie

Reaction score
These guys also have most of them on the best wrestlers of all time list on their site.

Which is reason enough to take this list with the same amount of seriousness as you would watching Santino Marella.

I don't find Triple H entertaining at all but to say he's overrated is a little far fetched. Overpushed early to mid 00's? Absolutely. But he's gotten where he has because he's worked hard and for the most part has deserved it.

Now I'm getting out of this thread before PHX thinks HHH is growing on me....:side:

Reid

Reaction score
Del Rio's only been in the WWE for about half a year,how could he be overrated.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Which is reason enough to take this list with the same amount of seriousness as you would watching Santino Marella.

I don't find Triple H entertaining at all but to say he's overrated is a little far fetched. Overpushed early to mid 00's? Absolutely. But he's gotten where he has because he's worked hard and for the most part has deserved it.

Now I'm getting out of this thread before PHX thinks HHH is growing on me....:side:
You stole my reply :lol: I mean yeah in 03 he was obviously overpushed as I can even admit that but given the way the roster was at the time it was understandable.

Here is there list - http://www.ugo.com/tv/ugos-top-50-wrestlers-of-all-time?page=8

You can't tell me that aren't using the net to make it when they have Foley in the top 5 and Jericho in the top 10
Only top 5 Foley would be considered in for me would be in mic skills.

Kylie

Reaction score
You stole my reply :lol: I mean yeah in 03 he was obviously overpushed as I can even admit that but given the way the roster was at the time it was understandable.

No I just got in first. :p No I didn't understand why they couldn't have worked around it and given someone else a shot instead of putting on say Goldberg or HBK for a month then putting it back on HHH.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
No I just got in first. :p No I didn't understand why they couldn't have worked around it and given someone else a shot instead of putting on say Goldberg or HBK for a month then putting it back on HHH.
Kane was the one who should have had the title back then for some of that time. HBK didn't work house shows so yeah he wasn't getting it. If the choice is Trips or Goldberg, give me Trips

The Yeah1993

Reaction score
Even I'd call HHH overrated and I'm a huge as hell fan of the guy. I don't think he's as bad or as average as people make him out to be but I can't agree at all with a lot of people sticking him in the top 20 wrestlers ever. Like I said I'm a big big fan but even in ring in his peak there are dozens better than he ever was.

Del Rio is definitely overrated to me but putting him in a top 25 overrated after 7 or w/e months is just silly.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
They've got Hogan as #2 on both lists. What?

Kylie

Reaction score
Kane was the one who should have had the title back then for some of that time. HBK didn't work house shows so yeah he wasn't getting it. If the choice is Trips or Goldberg, give me Trips

You're right, he should have been the front runner for that belt. I had completely forgotten about Kane. I'd take Triple H over Goldberg also, but the point I was trying to make was that the length of time and the way they went about him as champ was ridiculous. He'd lose it for a month only to regain it again. They could have easily extended either title reign a little longer (although one month for Goldberg was plenty lol), or found someone else to run with the title for a while.

Kizza

Reaction score
you can be a good wrestler and still be overrated. it's just an opinion. regal is overrated as in what he has done compared to his talents.

if that makes sense.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It makes sense kiz somewhat.

You mean hype versus tangible results?

Kizza

Reaction score
yes, pretty much.

regal's talents dont match his results, so in that sense his is overrated. hogan's results dont match his talents, and is overrated in that sense.