Latest DVD Purchase

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What was your most recent DVD purchase?

Whenever you buy a new DVD post in here what you bought, why you bought it and give a brief summary of it.

This weekend I picked up Reno 911! Season 3. I love this show and I bought the DVD as soon as it was released. I already own the first two seasons on DVD and they are fantastic. Hopefully the other seasons will be released here.

Monk Season 7 was another weekend purchase. Second to last season for this excellent series and it was a good season. I have followed this show from the start and I really can't wait to see Season 8 and the final episode to see how they wrap everything up.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
30 Rock Seasons 2 and 3. I already had season one and I just had to get some more. Funny show with great replay value, plus the price was really cheap which makes it even better.

NCIS Season 6. I am not into this show as much as I used to be but the DVD still represents good value and it is a well made show. Thankfully they have kept the cast together for season eight rather than having to bring in four new characters.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I bought a few DVD's today. Reno 911! Season 4 was released recently and finally I was able to find a copy in store, it must have sold out quickly. It is a hilarious show and I am watching it right now.

I also bought 24 Season 1. I have never watched an episode of the show however I believe that it would be the kind of show I like. It was on sale so I decided to try out the first season and hopefully I like it.

Also picked up the double pack of Ghostbusters I and II. Love those films so I finally got around to buying my own copy of them.

In the coming weeks I will be looking out for Dexter Season 4 and 30 Rock Season 4.

Reaction score
I just picked up The Human Centipede

human-cent.jpg

This movie, I had to get because neither Blockbuster or Rogers Video would ever have it for rent (not that I rent ever anyways). So I was intrigued to see what was so bad about it, so I preordered it from HMV and got it imported from the US to Canada. I must say, I can completely tell why this one was banned from video stores, it's not scary but it is however, the most disturbing movie I have ever watched. There were parts where I almost looked away, and I never take my eyes off of the screen in fucked up movies.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I had heard a few things about that movie and so I read the plot and the title is very literal. Some of it sounds disgusting and not really my type of movie. Hats off to you for watching the entire thing. Supposedly there is a sequel in the works with 12 parts to the centipede.

Reaction score
Wow man, you actually just made my girl friend and I's night by telling us about the sequel.... Super pumped now!! Intense and disturbing movies I can dig, it is what it is really... The movie ended really strangely so I can't say that I'm surprised they're going to made a sequel.

Now, I just acquired a few new movies.. Seen most of them, but don't feel like dropping a review for each one. Just the one I watched last night which was

Splice

This movie was really interesting, been awhile since I've seen a good Sci-Fi, all around good movie starring Adrien Brody. Basic plot is two scientists who splice the DNA of a human with the DNA of animals to create a new species. Won't go to far into it, but it was a good movie with an interesting story that I felt kept you hooked, it of course gets a bit more intense as the movie goes on. If you're a fan of Sci-Fi I would recommend this one, very fresh idea, or fresh as fresh can be.

The other movies I grabbed were

Iron Man 2 (Haven't seen yet)
Eight Crazy Nights
Donnie Brasco
Cop Land

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
30 Rock Seasons 2 and 3. I already had season one and I just had to get some more. Funny show with great replay value, plus the price was really cheap which makes it even better.
NCIS Season 6. I am not into this show as much as I used to be but the DVD still represents good value and it is a well made show. Thankfully they have kept the cast together for season eight rather than having to bring in four new characters.
Troy you are the man! 30 Rock is one of my favouite shows maybe ever! Tina Fey is a genuis, so many great characters and one liners. I love the shows twisted, but also charming and magaical take on comedy. The first series are superb and just get better the more you watch them. I can also recemmend the soundtrack which I have been enjoying the couple of days.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I now have Season 4 as well. It is a great show and I am glad that there will be at least two more seasons of the show. Season 4 was a great season and I preferred it to Season 3 which started off very weak, I didn't like that there were so many cameos at the start of Season 3 it just didn't work for me. I haven't seen any of Season 5 yet but I will buy it on DVD as soon as it is released.

I am waiting for Psych Season 3 to be released on DVD in Australia and also Dexter season 5 as they are my two favourite shows at the moment.

To update on my previous post Reno 911! Season four was hilarious. The show just gets better and better each season and the repeat value is great, I can watch that show again and agan. I watched the first season of 24 and loved it, so long but definitely worth it. I will have to start buying the other seasons now. Dexter season 4 is amazing and John Lithgow is so damn creepy in that season. Best season of Dexter yet thanks to Lithgow's character and the finish was just stunning. Can't wait for season five to see where they go from there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Have you only seen series 3 of 30 Rock once now? Because when I first saw it I was a little disserpointed, but having revisted it on DVD now really like it, and would put it up there with one and two. I personally like the cameos, because like with the Anniston the fact they made her character a sex mad, deranged manaic which is so far the other way from the goodie, goodie image she has built up through Friends and her movies. Also the Oprah one was very funny as they were basically poking fun at the legend of her, and the brand. And just the idea of Liz, being high on drugs, and mistaking a young girl for Oprah is priceless! I would actually say four is the weakest season yet.

The fourth series of Dexter was the best so far, and confirms its place as one of the best shows currently on tv.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have seen Series 3 of 30 Rock a few times now and it is better on repeat viewing. I prefer the second half of the season to the first though as the first half is dominated by too many guests.

Dexter series four was the best so far and I can't wait for season five to come out in Australia so I can watch it. How they follow up from the cliffhanger from Season 4 will be a big challenge.

I just bought 24 Season 2 today as it was on sale. I have only ever seen the first season before and that was so good I wanted to continue buying the next season. Hopefully season 2 is up to the same standard.

Psych Season 3 and Reno911 Season 5 come out soon and will be instant buys.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Not bought any DVDs for months.

Bought the first 5 seasons of Lost prior to the sixth season. Unfortunately I only have series 2-5 now, since my ex still has season one. Bitch.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Picked up Season 4 and 5 of 24 today as it was on sale. I am really into this show now and everytime I see on of the seasons on sale I am buying it to get up to date. I have seen the first two and a half seasons so far and I am hooked on this show. I can't believe that I never watched this show when it was on and it is a bit sad that I have only started watching it once it has finished.

Reaction score
last DVD I bought was Social Network and Piranha 3D on bluray...brings my collection to around 520

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Bought Community Season One for just $20. Excellent tv show and I should have started watching it sooner.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Recently bought season Two of Dexter which I have not watched for awhile, it is one of my favourite ones, just behind the fourth I would say.

I plan on buying Blue Valentine which is one of my films of the year to date.