Batista Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source. Nodq.com

- There are still people that believe Batista will want to return to WWE in 2011, noting that he lives an expensive lifestyle and likely can't make near the money WWE was paying him doing other things. WWE obviously isn't banking on a Batista return anytime soon since they brought Mason Ryan to the main roster and didn't change his look.

Currently there are no plans on the WWE side for a Batista return.
Kind of laughed at them bringing up Mason Ryan as I'm pretty sure him being brought in won't effect Batista coming back if he is going to comeback.

Kylie

Reaction score
Oh shit I don't want him to come back! I'm glad he decided to leave. It was better without him lol. :p

???

Banned
Reaction score
I'd personally love to see him back. His heel run was one of the most entertaining things in the 'E in a long time.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As entertaining as he became towards the end of his heel stint, I honestly don't want to see him back. Yeah there's the emergence of Nexus / Corre etc but I just don't believe anything they have him do will be fresh so for that matter, I hope they keep away from him. Time to really push forward the youth movement although if you do want to bring somebody back do whatever it takes to get Jericho back aswell as The Rock.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
How would a special attraction feud with Jericho help more than one with Batista in the long run for the youth? He doesn't and never has had the same star power and fan fare that Batista had on his best day. A match/feud with Batista would be of much higher profile and a solid showing versus him would mean far more for anyone trying to take make a name for themselves and become a face of one of the brands.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That is the only reason why I wouldn't want Batista back because that would take a main event spot away from a young guy in this current youth movement. Couldn't see him coming back to be anything less than a main eventer face or heel.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Jericho has already said he doesn't see himself as a full time guy at the moment with Fozzy and hosting gigs, and honestly I don't think Dave does either with the movie, tv, and modeling roles he has lined up. So all things being even both would likely be looked at as a guy who isn't full time but can fade in and out the lineup at any time based on need. If you have the choice for one or the other and are Vince you go with Dave, and if you are a kid looking to make yourself a household name and be in a big money and match environment you go with Dave imo.

Jericho is the better wrestler but he is just a mid card guy in comparison to Batista and the credibility and drawing power that he brings to the table

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Jericho has already said he doesn't see himself as a full time guy at the moment with Fozzy and hosting gigs, and honestly I don't think Dave does either with the movie, tv, and modeling roles he has lined up. So all things being even both would likely be looked at as a guy who isn't full time but can fade in and out the lineup at any time based on need. If you have the choice for one or the other and are Vince you go with Dave, and if you are a kid looking to make yourself a household name and be in a big money and match environment you go with Dave imo.

Jericho is the better wrestler but he is just a mid card guy in comparison to Batista and the credibility and drawing power that he brings to the table
Case could be made though that Jericho would be more valuable in that regard because you can plug him in both the midcard and main event scene because he'll do whatever Vince ask him basically where you'd probably have to pull Dave's leg to make him work a midcard program at this stage of his career.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I guess in that sense what you said is true. Him being the lesser star and lesser draw, while still having name value is in their favor when it comes to final outcomes and choices of opponents.

With that said, Dave did bust his ass on SD with midcard guys like Burke, Morrison, MVP, Lashley, and others he could have probably been allowed to squash (sans Bobby). He worked good solid matches with all of them when they weren't really big stars, but the network they were on in UPN was dying and losing markets so no one really saw it as much.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You obviously don't think so, but I believe that Jericho can easily rotate between putting over a midcarder to then jumping straight back into a main event feud and not looking out of place.

If WWE gave the pushes properly, Jericho could be the perfect stepping stone for a midcarder into the main event scene. Use Bryan for example, he could go through a few more midcarders, then over Jericho and then into the main event. That's a far better progression that you can see that happening, whereas if you had Bryan going from feuding with the midcard guys to someone like Batista, you wouldn't buy it and it would look totally off.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Hope he stays gone. Up until the last 7 months of his career he was a stale piece of trash.

Dante Cross

Reaction score
When i hear you guys say batista has more drawing power etc etc than jericho I wonder do you people know anything at all...

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I wonder if you know anything at all about wrestling considering you have no idea who Psycho Sid is and its fact that Dave has more drawing power than Jericho unfortunate but it is a fact. Look it up.

Jericho however is the better worker and would be better to work WWE right now considering somebody like Batista would demand he destory all of Nexus and The Corre by himself.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I guess in that sense what you said is true. Him being the lesser star and lesser draw, while still having name value is in their favor when it comes to final outcomes and choices of opponents.

With that said, Dave did bust his ass on SD with midcard guys like Burke, Morrison, MVP, Lashley, and others he could have probably been allowed to squash (sans Bobby). He worked good solid matches with all of them when they weren't really big stars, but the network they were on in UPN was dying and losing markets so no one really saw it as much.
I mean yeah he had good matches with some midcard guys but he doesn't have the same outlook Jericho does when it comes to putting guys over. Jericho gets it in terms of it getting to that corner of becoming a young man's game. I think Dave on the other hand doesn't have that since despite his age he came up at the same time that Orton and Cena did who are currently the biggest stars in the company.

Dante Cross

Reaction score
I wonder if you know anything at all about wrestling considering you have no idea who Psycho Sid is and its fact that Dave has more drawing power than Jericho unfortunate but it is a fact. Look it up.

Jericho however is the better worker and would be better to work WWE right now considering somebody like Batista would demand he destory all of Nexus and The Corre by himself.
I never said I didnt know who Sid was, its f'n Sid Vicious. And no, you DONT know anything about wrestling considering you look up everything. Should be common knowledge and pure wrestling fan know how.