Batista returning?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
– More than one person within WWE feels its only a matter of time before Batista returns to the organization. He’s currently in Thailand filming The Man with the Iron Fist with mixed martial artist Cung Le, his highest profile acting role to date. Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu also star in the movie.

source: Pro Wrestling Torch
It's from the Torch, so take it with a grain of salt.

I don't think Batista is coming back, he knows that WWE is in a youth movement and that means he won't be a focal point and would have to start putting over new guys. So he should stick to making movies, I like Wrong Side of Town and waiting for the sequel.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't see him returning except for maybe a surprise one off appearance. He won't be back full time ever again. I can't see WWE wanting him to return that badly since they are focussing on the newer talents these days and have enough veterans on the roster anyway. Plus with the budget cuts supposedly coming WWE wouldn't waste a huge amount of money on Batista.

He would have made plenty of money from wrestling and so surely he can afford to just work the occasional movie whilst he is building his acting career.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Agree with you two. Don't see him coming back. Don't think it would benefit either party. He doesn't need wrestling anymore and would be paid more than he is worth.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
There are still people in WWE that believe Batista will return to the company this year. Big Dave is known to be a fan of the “good life” – enjoying the luxury lifestyle that being a top-drawing WWE superstar brings. Batista has been pursuing his acting career, as well as training for his professional mixed martial arts debut, but his best chance to make big money is still with WWE.

While company officials remain optimistic that Batista has not wrestled his last match, the fact that Mason Ryan was brought in last week without changing his look (which most see as very similar to Batista’s) indicates that WWE is moving on without him, for now.

Take this for what it's worth. There isn't anything noteworthy but rather a collection of notes which most could have typed.

Still, I'm hoping not to see Batista back. He's feuded with most of the top stars already and his character had grown rather stale over the years. His heel was better, but that would have probably got old quickly too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Maybe if Mason Ryan catches on they will bring back Batista on a short term contract to feud with him. I can't see him returning for a full year again it will be something much shorter but that will cause a bigger impact. I am not sure who else he could feud with since like you said he has feuded with everyone.