TNA Turning Point 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
200px-Turning_Point_%282010%29.jpg

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Matt Morgan

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Team 3D vs. (c) Motor City Machine Guns​

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Robbie E (with Cookie) vs. (c) Jay Lethal​

WINNING TEAM GETS TO FIRE A MEMBER
OF THE LOSING TEAM
EV2 vs Fortune​

KNOCKOUTS MATCH
Mickie James vs. Tara​

Jeff Jarrett vs. Samoa Joe​

Tommy Dreamer vs. Rob Van Dam​

Lumberjack Match: Abyss vs. The Pope​

This post will be updated when matches are announced on tnawrestling.com​

What matches do you think will be added to the card?​

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Four more matches have been added to the card.

Card is looking good so far. I am loving that Mickie James' first PPV match is against Tara, the match should be excellent and hopefully gets the KO's division back on track.

I really like the idea of the stipulation for the EV2 vs Fortune match. Really good idea that the winning team can fire a member of the opposing team, will be interesting to see who is dropped from the group.

I don't understand the appeal of Jersey Shore and have no idea why TNA have a character whose gimmick is based on them but apparently Robbie has been good so far. I wouldn't give him the title right away but will be interested to see how this match turns out.

Not sure if the tag team match is if Team 3D lose they retire but anyway it really is the veterans vs the next generation. MCMG's should win here.

I like the idea of Anderson vs Hardy but is it just me that thinks it would be better if Hardy was a face and Anderson was a heel? I expect Hardy to retain here.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I believe that 3D retires whether they win or lose according to their self imposed stipulation, also Rhino's contract is up soon so he probably heads home.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Going over the card so far, Hardy against Anderson as a main event will at least be fresh [altrough they did meet at a PPV early in the year], and with the right time and booking could be a good match.

I have no idea who Robbie E is?

Team 3D against MCMG has been done to death, but I am pleased that 3D are finally leaving, it is long over due.

The Women's match could be good, but I would have liked James to face someone like Rayne or Love in her first PPV match, rather than another EX-WWE star.

Anyway I think this PPV might be worth a look.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have updated the first post with what I think will be the final card for the PPV which is this Sunday.

If the stipulation is that if Team 3D lose they retire then I am happy. It is time for them to move on as I don't think that add any value to the product.

Jarrett vs Samoa Joe has been done before but I guess in the context of this storyline it makes sense. Surprised that Jarrett doesn't just retire to work behind the scenes.

Dreamer vs RVD is an odd match-up. I am not sure the reasoning behind it but at first glance it makes no sense other than having Dreamer wrestle RVD on PPV.

I was disappointed when Abyss seemed to be relegated to nothing in Immortals after I had initially thought he would be the leader. I expect The Pope to win here and move closer to another TNA World title shot.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The matches added just seem to be like filler to me. I can see quite a lot short mid-card bouts, and as a result maybe longer upper card matches.

By the way is the KO Match not for the title, as I knew Tara was the champion, but then I don't watch TNA at the moment?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Madison Rayne is the KO champion, also it is Hardy vs Morgan in the main event not Anderson who is out with a concussion.

I completely forgot about that so I just changed it then. Hardy will certainly be getting the win here because Morgan won't be winning the title anytime soon. It is a shame that Anderson suffered that injury but it is good that he was removed from the match rather than wrestling with a concussion.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well that change makes a difference for two reasons, one people will find it harder to believe that Morgan who has flundered in the mid-card ranks ever since debuting in TNA can beat a star like Hardy, whereas Anderson would have been a stronger contender given his recent history, also Anderson against Hardy would have made for a much better match. I now see a lot of high spots, with Morgan do power moves, and Hardy high flying, and then just a lot playing to the crowd and a very akward slow pace.

I take it Rayne won the title off Tara on Impact then. This is another slap in the face to the KO's Divsion, because rather than having a KO's title match on this PPV they think it is more important to have a match of former WWE Women's champions.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I take it Rayne won the title off Tara on Impact then. This is another slap in the face to the KO's Divsion, because rather than having a KO's title match on this PPV they think it is more important to have a match of former WWE Women's champions.

Yes Tara laid down for Rayne the Impact episode after the last PPV.