Info on Belfort's Next Fight, When Sonnen Fights Next

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Vitor Belfort will return in November, but he will not be fighting fellow middleweight contender Chael Sonnen, the Brazilian told Sherdog.com on Monday.

“I talked to Lorenzo (Fertitta) this week and will return in November,â€￾ Belfort said. “I just asked him to not be (on the November card in Germany). I'm tired of traveling. I would like to return to fighting here in America. According to my conversation with Lorenzo, my opponent will not be Sonnen, but another guy that will be decided soon.â€￾

UFC will stage Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen rematch on New years eve or Super Bowl card, depending on Silva's hurt ribs

Source: Sherdog

I had thought that Belfort was due to fight Anderson Silva next. However I can understand that they are going right ahead with a Silva/Sonnen rematch after how well Sonnen did in that match. The rematch will be huge and will draw a massive buyrate.

As for Belfort's next opponent the best I can think of is Nate Marquardt who last fought against Sonnen.

Dademo

Reaction score
Belfort is looking at Leben or Okami next, and the winner will get the winner of Anderson/Chael.

Leben already got mauled by anderson, but anderson vs. Okami would be interesting. Leben sucks at TD defense so Chael would own Leben there, and he's already beaten Okami.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't want to see him face Leben, I don't rate him that highly. He is a wild puncher and has a strong chin but he is just too sloppy in his fighting for me. I would like to see Belfort vs Okami to happen and then the winner face the winner of Anderson/Chael.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well now we are pretty definite.

Belfort's next fight is going to be on New Years and is going to be for the middleweight title against "The Spider" Anderson Silva. Whereas Sonnen is going to be suspended for the next year for cheating. Using roids and still losing to Silva. That's just bad.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fingers cross neither Belfort or Silva get injured before New Years. The fight has been delayed so many times because one of them has been injured and I really want to see this fight happen.

Stupid by Sonnen and more embarrassing that he cheated and still lost. Screws up his UFC career and will be lucky to get back into the company after his one year suspension.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm sure Sonnen will still be allowed back in UFC after his suspension. Just might not get all the high profile fights until maybe a couple years have passed. But yeah... Belfort and Silva need to stay healthy because this is a fight that people have been waiting forever to see.

The lightning quick hands of Vitor vs. the elusiveness and precise strikes of Anderson Silva. The guy that is being dubbed as Silva's last big challenge in the middleweight division.