What is the point of NXT

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

oobydooby

Reaction score
I was led to believe that NXT was to showcase "NEW" talent and for them to compete for a spot with WWE. So what happens? Series one and Wade Barratt wins, and the entire group end up on the WWE roster.

Series two finishes and the winner is added to the WWE roster in the guise of The Miz's assistant. Suddenly Hell in a Cell is invaded by two "members of the audience" who turn out to be two of the NXT series two losers.

So if Vinnie McMahon and the writers are adding the whole NXT gang to the roster what is the whole point of NXT?

After all they have introduced new talent without the NXT rigmarole since forever, just pulling talent from such groups as FCW and others, so why?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Another problem I have with NXT is how quick the seasons have been, like the first one had barely finished before series two started and the same with three. They have had three in less than a year, meaning people have no chance of keeping up with it, and being able to get to know the players from the previous one. As a result ratings and overall intrest will surely drop. They should produce two seasons in a year at the most. You are quite right though it is too easy for these rookies to get spots on the main roster, and most are not ready anyway. Welcome to the forum by the way.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was a way for WWE to keep the hour of television on SyFy. They thought that this new format would get bigger ratings than what ECW was getting but that didn't happen. It was meant to be a new way to bring up more of the roster but clearly the concept is flawed and it isn't interesting for the fans to watch. For the first season it was meant to be only the winner getting a contract, obviously that didn't happen, but for the second season they got rid of that rule and just made it where the winner gets a title shot. It does defeat the purpose of a "competition" when all of them get a contract.

A key problem with NXT was that WWE seemed to be making it up as they went along. The rules were unclear at the start and they just added them as they went. The length of the season is odd and the contests are just ridiculous.

Now with NXT just shown on wwe.com in the US I don't see it lasting another season and rookies will be brought up to the roster the normal way like Alberto Del Rio.