Zack Ryder - Partnership with Edge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
On RAW the past few weeks Zach Ryder has been involved in some backstage segments with Edge. Ryder hasn't had that much to do on RAW in recent months, he has mainly been used as a pro on NXT and then having random matches on RAW without being involved in a key feud.

Now it seems that he has some direction and will be involved in a partnership of sorts with Edge. During these segments they have even hinted at their past involvements with each other back in La Familia.

I hope that this association continues and I actually hope that they form a tag team. There are enough maineventers on RAW at the moment and it will be a huge boost to Ryder being the tag team partner of Edge. It would also help a struggling division that WWE is doing it's best to destroy.

Just think about The Hart Dynasty facing Edge and Ryder for the tag team titles, I wouldn't mind seeing that match on a PPV.

Would you like to see Ryder and Edge form a tag team? What direction do you think WWE will go with Zack Ryder in the next couple of months?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Well I think Ryder does have huge potential. The segments with Edge I haven't seen but if they are like KFC said they seem interesting. I wouldn't mind a partnership tbh because Ryder needs something to make him more credible and a team with Edge would be perfect. However I see Edge going to SD.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The direction they seem to be going in the segments is Ryder trying to hang around Edge and be accepted by him. He is kind of Edge's lacky at the moment, hanging around with the "cool guy" trying to make himself cool as well. They have been really good and hopefully it will continue for the next few weeks at least.

If Edge does go to Smackdown I hope that Ryder goes with him because otherwise I see Ryder being forgotten again when he has a lot of potential.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Could be good for Edge also, he is supposdly winding down his career partly due to injuries, and this may take some of the strain off him as well as take him in a different direction. The guy is certainly acustomed to tag team wrestling.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I remember reading something some time ago about Edge wanting to be retired within a couple of years, he wants to walk away rather than being crippled like some of these veterans. It would help him if he was back in a tag team and it would be a good way for him to near the end of his career, by helping get over some of the younger, newer wrestlers. He would be great in a team with Ryder since Ryder also started off in a tag team, would be good if they mention the Edgeheads and La Familia when Ryder was part of that.

RobyD

Reaction score
I think with Edge kind of sitting in purgatory, with nothing to do because of the stacked Raw roster, a partnership with Zach Ryder would be a nice deal, while also getting Ryder over. See before, Ryder didn't have much of a personality, where as now, he has tons of charisma and with the appropriate amount of time invested into him, he can really get over. So yeah, I think them teaming together, or at least hanging out on screen, can be beneficial.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Not sure about teaming, but I do like the idea of Ryder going to Smackdown. I hate him on Raw, they don't use him well at all. I really think Ryder has potential and needs to be taken more serious. He has talent hopefully they don't let him go down without letting him have his chance.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It happens so much on RAW, a talented performer who gets over on another brand goes there and then falters because the focus is purely on the mainevent and not on anything beneath that. On Smackdown there is more opportunities for the midcard to shine. He has the talent and has a gimmick which is working for him he just needs someone in creative to get behind him and give him a decent push. I still think a tag team with Edge would be a great way to start it and then eventually it can lead to a singles feud between them which would be huge for Ryder.